Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

That chart is WITH RAY TRACING. Ray tracing costs you like 20-30FPS and is only for high end RTX cards period.

The big takeaway

quote:

Based on what we're seeing, it looks like those recommendations are for 30-40 fps. If you're after smooth 60 fps performance, you're going to need to aim quite a bit higher on the hardware specs (unless the day-0 launch patch provides an unprecedented boost to performance).

We were afraid of this and we were correct; the listed specs are for 30fps target. If you want 60fps bump everything up in demands a bit from the posted chart. (And even more for 120+)

Those specs were crazy forgiving though and people on console don't even notice 30fps :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

where the gently caress are the 3070s

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Zaphod42 posted:

That's how I feel too but different strokes for different folks.
Yeah I mean, it's roleplaying, right? Besides the stats stuff. If there's a taco stand and the game lets me run it, why not?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

abraham linksys posted:

lmao street racing minigame questline

between this and the dildos they should have just called this "Saints Row 2077"

saints row 2 is one of the best games ever made i dont think this game will reach the insanity that was sr2

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

interesting note about the big crowds everyone was excited about

quote:

Most of the people of Night City are procedurally generated. Superficially, it looks and feels reasonable. People walk along sidewalks, stop at crosswalks, grumble when you bump into them, have conversations, and more. But the vast majority are just cardboard props. You can scan them for a name and details, but they're not persistent—scan someone, save your game, and then load the save, and you may find the person you just scanned has disappeared. Focus too much on any one denizen walking the streets and you can also run into problems. Sometimes they behave erratically, sometimes they teleport around a bit, and sometimes they just disappear (or pop into existence).

Also, hopefully, you like clones. There's enough randomization that you don't immediately notice the repeated people, but after a few hours you'll start to see the same models pop up again and again. Sometimes you'll run into a crowd where you'll see the same model repeated three or four times, hanging out and having a little party. Or maybe they're triplets or quadruplets that all wore the same outfit that day? Anyway, it's not bad as such, but most of the people aren't unique individuals with a schedule that they follow.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Cyberpunk shows a society who finally mastered the art of teledildonics.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

So basically you need a 3080/90 to hit 60fps with ray-tracing on, WITH DLSS. Yowza.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Ugh. Why is Tom's Hardware so bad? "We're testing with these bleeding edge cards...and a 2060 non super. Nothing in between."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
This is what most people ITT are wondering

1060 manages 37fps, anything better is gonna get 60, that's not bad really. Don't freak out.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

exquisite tea posted:

So basically you need a 3080/90 to hit 60fps with ray-tracing on, WITH DLSS. Yowza.

Yeah I remember last year thinking i was set getting a 2080.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Some people want to hear from Toms Hardware, I on the other hand wait for Digital Foundry.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Some people want to hear from Toms Hardware, I on the other hand wait for Digital Foundry.

No way?!

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

They seem to have gone out of their way to only test cards no one actually has. Even the non-3000s are oddballs.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zikan posted:

.... it is a video game and has to be programmed. So yeah.

Did they expect Cyberpunk 2077 to be Star Citizen?

The teleporting is bugs that will hopefully eventually be ironed out, but having people come from a shared pool of objects and clothes and stuff, like, yeah. That's how videogames do crowds. You can't not.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

1060 manages 37fps, anything better is gonna get 60, that's not bad really. Don't freak out.

Hmm, I have a 1070 8GB, so I'm guessing it'll be fine - if not I'll just bump some settings down.

No, I'm not selling my spleen to buy a 3070 just yet.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

.... it is a video game and has to be programmed. So yeah.

Did they expect Cyberpunk 2077 to be Star Citizen?

The teleporting is bugs that will hopefully eventually be ironed out, but having people come from a shared pool of objects and clothes and stuff, like, yeah. That's how videogames do crowds. You can't not.

Im glad youre here to explain everything

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Fhqwhgads posted:

Yeah I remember last year thinking i was set getting a 2080.

Yeah, I have a 2080 XC Ultra and I don't know if I'm going to be running raytracing. Just lol if I thought I was going to do it on 1440p at anything higher than 60fps.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Six AM posted:

No way?!

Ya rly.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Need to see comparison screenshots between medium / high / ultra, and with ray-tracing turned on too.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Fingers crossed its a meaningful patch that fixes a lot of issues. Like Witcher 3, I am expecting lots of patches and quality of life improvements.

Maybe they’ll even fix the pronoun stuff

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I think I'm going to go with GeForce Now instead of PS4. Did the test run on W3 a bit more, and seems to be fine for me on my connection.

I saw that it said GOG will be day 1 with Now, does that mean Steam won't be? So I should buy it on GOG?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wonder if I can do raytracing at 1080p with a 2070S. Probably not, but it'd be nice.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Lol that a legit 20% of the Polygon review is JUST nitpicking the gender/genital choices and how the games doesn't go far enough addressing that part of your character.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

[tries to work out where his 2070 Super sits]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I think I'm going to go with GeForce Now instead of PS4. Did the test run on W3 a bit more, and seems to be fine for me on my connection.

I saw that it said GOG will be day 1 with Now, does that mean Steam won't be? So I should buy it on GOG?

I think Steam will be too, its just GOG is new to Now so they wanted to be clear that its gonna be ready.

Pylons posted:

Wonder if I can do raytracing at 1080p with a 2070S. Probably not, but it'd be nice.

You can but you're probably gonna take a significant frame-rate hit to get there, so it depends upon how much you mind 30fps or if you have a g/freesync monitor.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Zikan posted:

That last part was always going to be true though, I don't think anyone expected them to create a million different random npc's |

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

seriously like wtf.

2560x1440p for me and I should be picking up my 3070 in approximately 2 hours :toot:

I was hoping max settings DLSS + RT would be doable for 60fps but it sounds like I will have to either turn settings down, or just turn RT off entirely which is pretty dumb.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Ouch, looks like my i7 3770k & 1060 6gb is going to struggle.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Didn't cdpr explicitly tell them not to benchmark this build because it was much slower than what they expected from release?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cael posted:

Lol that a legit 20% of the Polygon review is JUST nitpicking the gender/genital choices and how the games doesn't go far enough addressing that part of your character.

Polygon does this with all video games they play, that is their gimmick.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
if the game is broken on pc it would break my heart at least the story is good...right?

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
Update: game is now more problematic

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Cael posted:

lol trans game reviewers am I right :rolleyes:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frankston posted:

Ouch, looks like my i7 3770k & 1060 6gb is going to struggle.

Keep in mind you're looking at Ultra 4K settings there. But yeah, you'll be playing this on low settings and 1080p to get an acceptable frame rate.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Zikan posted:

It doesn't matter if they're cardboard props, their existence is to give the city the illusion of being a bustling metropolis. Of course when you look behind the curtain it's all smoke and mirrors. The issue is when the cardboard props are almost absent, like in the leaked console videos.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

TheRat posted:

Didn't cdpr explicitly tell them not to benchmark this build because it was much slower than what they expected from release?

Don't know about that, but I did read the review copies have Denuvo, and I don't think there are any 'game ready' drivers out either so fingers crossed that those two will result in big improvements... But I'm no longer expecting DLSS to get me a stable 40-60 FPS with nearly everything maxed :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Sab669 posted:

seriously like wtf.

2560x1440p for me and I should be picking up my 3070 in approximately 2 hours :toot:

I was hoping max settings DLSS + RT would be doable for 60fps but it sounds like I will have to either turn settings down, or just turn RT off entirely which is pretty dumb.

You'll find the same is true of all RT games. Battlefield, Metro, Control, etc. RT is just very costly.

I love it but its not really practical for most people yet. And this is a hybrid raster and ray-traced solution mind.

Ray-tracing is actually very old technology but its just never really been practical to do in real-time for vidyagames.

I have a 2080TI and I've turned RT off in battlefield because it just isn't worth the cost.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Steam is already. GeForce has been touting that for awhile even before GoG Galaxy was mentioned.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Are there any screenshots of the graphics settings out there somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
if I were a trans reviewer reviewing a game that ties your pronouns to the sound of your voice you can be drat sure I'd focus on that in my review as well

if you don't care about those details, there are 30+ other reviews to read, many of which have numbers on them so you don't even gotta look at the words

gasman posted:

Are there any screenshots of the graphics settings out there somewhere?

yes they're in the same toms hardware article below all the charts https://www.tomshardware.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-performance-preview