Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

spamhead80 posted:

So, in my quest for the legendary siren mod, I managed to do the treasure room glitch properly (thanks very much Gildersneeze for your lovely tutorial on that).
You're welcome. Glad it helped! I rest my case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Monkey Fracas posted:

What I really want to know is of they're ever going to nerf the Evil Smasher/fix its crazy glitch. I did it yesterday by accident and obliterated the Warrior in approximately 3 seconds with a Lady Fist, it's loving crazy.

I hope they never do. It's the only reason I managed to beat the last two chapters of TVHM by myself, without leeching off the exploits of far better players. I'm afraid I've become too reliant on it, though, and it's sort of a pain using it with Gaige, so I'm trying to get myself better gear to stop relying on it.

I sorta wish I could do the story mode one more time on 2.5, with everything at level 50, so I can play without worrying about having my gear become obsolete and still enjoy everything without having to rely on the KSS.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I hope they never do. It's the only reason I managed to beat the last two chapters of TVHM by myself, without leeching off the exploits of far better players. I'm afraid I've become too reliant on it, though, and it's sort of a pain using it with Gaige, so I'm trying to get myself better gear to stop relying on it.

I sorta wish I could do the story mode one more time on 2.5, with everything at level 50, so I can play without worrying about having my gear become obsolete and still enjoy everything without having to rely on the KSS.

TVHM wasn't that hard. Tedious, yes. I'd say the toughest part was trying to solo the wildlife preserve without the bee shield. Seriously, gently caress stalkers in the god drat rear end. Rabid Stalkers are easily the cheapest enemies in the game.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
With "normal" (Nitro) stalkers, I found that an electric weapon still kicks their asses even after you get rid of the shield. (On the flip side, gently caress rabid stalkers in their collective asses, they're worth switching to fire.)

Hardest parts for me on TVHM were Gluttonous Thresher and Leviathan; didn't have too much trouble with Warrior considering sniper railgun to the heart.

Ah Pook
Aug 23, 2003

Marogareh posted:

The Sham is a pretty drat good shield for it's ridiculous absorb rate and the Hide of Terra is a drat good all rounder shield. You can use the Love Thumper to force shieldless skills to always be active or have a melee Zer0 murder everything with it. I highly doubt the Terra relic is in the treasure room since it seems like a very specific drop but I could be wrong.

Love Thumper isn't really that great, last time I checked. The level 50 one I picked up only did 4-5k per nova and a decent Order can have around twice as much roid damage.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Ah Pook posted:

Love Thumper isn't really that great, last time I checked. The level 50 one I picked up only did 4-5k per nova and a decent Order can have around twice as much roid damage.
My Love Thumper's amp damage is higher than my Order even without factoring in the nova blast. It's loving insane. Besides, to properly get the most out of Order, you need Law. Which is cool but I like my melee-focused Gaige to use her claws instead.

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

abaddonis posted:

TVHM wasn't that hard. Tedious, yes. I'd say the toughest part was trying to solo the wildlife preserve without the bee shield. Seriously, gently caress stalkers in the god drat rear end. Rabid Stalkers are easily the cheapest enemies in the game.

That's actually where I am right now. I play Zapper Gaige, so I'll just run into a crowd and reload, taking everyone's shields down with Shock and AAAAUGH. Electrical burn whittles away health, and my two-shot Torgue shotgun just ruins faces while providing constant reloads and anarchy stacks. I'll fall into FFYL once in a while, but I've never been killed by a stalker yet.

Refused
Sep 6, 2005
Finally got a legendary class mod... and of course, it's for the commando, the one class I have no interest in playing. I'll dupe it (and the Bee, non-elemental CC, Unkempt Harold, Terra Relic) for anyone who wants it on ps3. If you have a legendary siren mod/rare siren customization items/other cool stuff I'd be glad to get them. PSN: divine7942

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
I found it very odd that I was getting oranges left and right from the treasure room. I pulled a transformer, and the assassin and gunzerker legendary mods within the first 4 times I visited the room

Edit: gently caress yeah, just found a Maggie. If I find a legendary siren mod, I'll dupe it for a terra relic

Edit 2: it's making GBS threads out oranges now. I found a Mongol and a striker in consecutive chests

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 19, 2012

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

abaddonis posted:

I found it very odd that I was getting oranges left and right from the treasure room. I pulled a transformer, and the assassin and gunzerker legendary mods within the first 4 times I visited the room

Edit: gently caress yeah, just found a Maggie. If I find a legendary siren mod, I'll dupe it for a terra relic

Edit 2: it's making GBS threads out oranges now. I found a Mongol and a striker in consecutive chests

If you are the Xbox, I'm pretty sure I have the Terra relic. Even if you don't get the siren mod I'll drop it for you.

dpush
Nov 10, 2009
So I found out that you can jump up the water fall in the Wildlife exploitation preserve and skip half of the map. Saves you about 5 minutes of your time and breaks the quest. Now I cant open Bloodwing's holding cell. Does anybody know how to fix it?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Refused posted:

Finally got a legendary class mod... and of course, it's for the commando, the one class I have no interest in playing. I'll dupe it (and the Bee, non-elemental CC, Unkempt Harold, Terra Relic) for anyone who wants it on ps3. If you have a legendary siren mod/rare siren customization items/other cool stuff I'd be glad to get them. PSN: divine7942

Just dropped you a friend invite, I've got a Slayer of Teramorphus Siren Mod if you want it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I couldn't figure out how to get rid of Leviathan's corpse so that I can make heads or tails of the treasure room glitch videos and ended up doing a save and quit and going back. The drat Leviathan respawned. gently caress this poo poo.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

dpush posted:

So I found out that you can jump up the water fall in the Wildlife exploitation preserve and skip half of the map. Saves you about 5 minutes of your time and breaks the quest. Now I cant open Bloodwing's holding cell. Does anybody know how to fix it?

It can't be, from my understanding. Try running it on a friend's game in co-op.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

...! posted:

I couldn't figure out how to get rid of Leviathan's corpse so that I can make heads or tails of the treasure room glitch videos and ended up doing a save and quit and going back. The drat Leviathan respawned. gently caress this poo poo.

He vanished for me after killing him the second time once the story DLC was over. Now I can just go to his lair while on another mission and he's gone.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Man, I hope those Torgue vending machines don't sell only Torgue legendaries. In the video all I saw was a Nukem and a Bonus Package. I loving need a Shredifier.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Managed to kill Master Gee only for it to freeze. Kinda defeats the purpose of even trying.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

Man, I hope those Torgue vending machines don't sell only Torgue legendaries. In the video all I saw was a Nukem and a Bonus Package. I loving need a Shredifier.

I have two Shredifiers. I don't know how you feel about duping, but if you want one or both I'd be glad to give them to you.

Does the Master Gee fight always result in a console freeze? I've seen a lot of Xbox and PS3 people posting about it. I don't think I have any interest in doing that anyway, but that's kind of ridiculous.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

spamhead80 posted:

I have two Shredifiers. I don't know how you feel about duping, but if you want one or both I'd be glad to give them to you.

Does the Master Gee fight always result in a console freeze? I've seen a lot of Xbox and PS3 people posting about it. I don't think I have any interest in doing that anyway, but that's kind of ridiculous.

Didn't happen here

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

spamhead80 posted:

I believe the Master Gee console freeze occurs when playing with someone else. I've seen other people beat him and no freeze when soloing him.

On my attempt with a friend (I was the Host), I froze right after he dropped to his knee, before the items dropped, before the Checkmark in the Master Gee quest.

My friend said that he saw the drops, but they were just the color locations, no actual weapons or loot, then he got kicked back to the Main Menu.

A couple other points, not sure if they have been mentioned :

You should be able to avoid the 24hr rule for Master Gee, if you Save and Quit while still in his little Arena after killing him.

After purchasing the Seraph Relic (Item of the Day), I didn't get credit for Shady Dealings Badass Rank 1. I'm assuming it's because it is classified as Item of the Day and probably a bug with that.

MoreMetalBrian fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 19, 2012

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

spamhead80 posted:

Hey, I would be cool with that (if you're on PS3). I've got the standard-issue endgame funtime stuff- Bee, Critical Conference Call, Baby Maker plus a few other things. Can't remember it all at the moment but it includes an electric Badaboom, Hide and Breath of Terra, Neogenator, Infinity, and a corrosive Nasty Surprise. Let me know if ya want any of that- I should be on around 8 CST today.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
the two DLC bosses seem very poorly thought out and not well executed with all these bugs. I tried Hyperius once and it was just dumb.

I hope the Torque DLC does it better or at least minimizes their role. Its cool they're doing an orange level vending machine.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

Hey, I would be cool with that (if you're on PS3). I've got the standard-issue endgame funtime stuff- Bee, Critical Conference Call, Baby Maker plus a few other things. Can't remember it all at the moment but it includes an electric Badaboom, Hide and Breath of Terra, Neogenator, Infinity, and a corrosive Nasty Surprise. Let me know if ya want any of that- I should be on around 8 CST today.

Well crap, I should have specified that I was on Xbox :(.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, shoot. Thanks anyway man :shobon: Anyone else on PS3 have a Shredifier and the willingness to dupe that poo poo for a brotha?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Xguard86 posted:

the two DLC bosses seem very poorly thought out and not well executed with all these bugs. I tried Hyperius once and it was just dumb.

I hope the Torque DLC does it better or at least minimizes their role. Its cool they're doing an orange level vending machine.

Mechanics wise, the bosses are really cool in my opinion. They add a neat level of strategy to the fights and force you to know the fight much like RPGs. However, gee particularly has too much drat hp to make the fight fun since it just goes and goes, as well as, the technical glitches associated with both fights pulling them down to non-fun levels.

Glad to hear the patch to fix the freezes didn't work for poo poo though, I haven't attempted them since the first few nights for that reason. A trick to avoid the freeze is to not look at Gee when he dies. Sounds stupid I know, but it worked for me and is the only reason I completed the quest. I've killed him three times, no loot, just so you know.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

spamhead80 posted:

I'm on PS3 and I killed him yesterday (solo). It took me 2 tries. The first time he died my console locked up. I killed him again immediately after and it didn't lock up. It's inconsistent.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Well, shoot. Thanks anyway man :shobon: Anyone else on PS3 have a Shredifier and the willingness to dupe that poo poo for a brotha?

Someone just duped me a Shredifier and some other oranges yesterday. What's your PSNID?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

MacheteZombie posted:

Mechanics wise, the bosses are really cool in my opinion. They add a neat level of strategy to the fights and force you to know the fight much like RPGs. However, gee particularly has too much drat hp to make the fight fun since it just goes and goes, as well as, the technical glitches associated with both fights pulling them down to non-fun levels.

Glad to hear the patch to fix the freezes didn't work for poo poo though, I haven't attempted them since the first few nights for that reason. A trick to avoid the freeze is to not look at Gee when he dies. Sounds stupid I know, but it worked for me and is the only reason I completed the quest. I've killed him three times, no loot, just so you know.

The patch isn't out yet.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Prettttty tired of farming Saturn for a Hive. If anyone could hook a brother up on 360, I'd gladly trade for a level 48 invader which DID drop

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Is there a new compatibility pack out? I'm getting a prompt to download one that doesn't seem to actually do anything. Weird.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 19, 2014

Ragnarak
Jun 17, 2003
I just finished PT1 and had a few questions.

First off, the warrior was pretty easy to kill, he didn't really do me any damage and I just fired away at home. However, neither he nor Jack dropped anything decent. Am I really unlucky again or have I missed something?

Regarding PT2, I start at the beginning again with Claptrap but what happens when I load it as normal mode? I had assumed that I'd be back at where I left normal mode (in Sanctuary) but I'm still at the start with Claptrap. Are you meant to be able to switch between normal mode and TVHM or is there no point?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

MacheteZombie posted:

When I've tried fighting Hyperius it seems like something really unlucky just fucks the team without a real mistake or reason. Like if there was a safe place or counter to the nova it wouldn't be so bad. Or if you could slow him down when he goes stomping since its drat near impossible to revive someone after he steps on them and camps out.

Maybe with less HP it would create a shorter fight and it would be less frustrating to die at like 25% but right now its just not fun.

Maybe its the people too. The closest I ever got was playing with some goons the first time I tried, after that its been lovely pick up groups. I'd love to try again with another goon group.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

strangemusic posted:

Is there a new compatibility pack out? I'm getting a prompt to download one that doesn't seem to actually do anything. Weird.

Yes, I think it might have stealth nerfed the treasure room glitch too. My gun target is huge in there now and I can't line up my movements correctly.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Xguard86 posted:

When I've tried fighting Hyperius it seems like something really unlucky just fucks the team without a real mistake or reason. Like if there was a safe place or counter to the nova it wouldn't be so bad. Or if you could slow him down when he goes stomping since its drat near impossible to revive someone after he steps on them and camps out.

My usual group is myself as Salv, friends as Zero, and Maya. Zero with bore, Maya with Rez. I spec full survival for Hyp n Gee. The Rez is almost mandatory for those fights, because you're right about random luck ruining that fight. Most likely the double nova is ruining the fight for you, it was what got us most the time. I think that's a bug they plan to fix though. Zero bored Hyp and just stayed on him the whole which made it seem like no matter what Zero had aggro on the boss, so Maya tried to save Rez solely for him, I revived Maya when I could, and with the neogenator I almost never saw a ffyl during the fight. It also helps to shoot the rockets the robots fire off if you can't get out of their way easily.

Edit: To the guy that told me the patch wasn't out yet- Oh, I haven't played much since completing the Gee quest. I was really disappointed by the first DLC and the massive amount of bugs. I have the season pass so I will be back for the next one.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 19, 2012

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

ohh I didn't know double nova was a bug. That was the problem most of the time since we'd get him down pretty low and he'd double nova and then stomp out survivors before they could revive.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
So double nova is a bug? I had it do triple once which was utter horseshit.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Marogareh posted:

So double nova is a bug? I had it do triple once which was utter horseshit.
Take it with some salt, as I've only read it on gearbox forums and I can't remember if it was an admin post or just speculation, but given the damage output of double nova, I'd say it is. I can't believe they'd want the boss to essentially double shot every class, except a gunzerker flipping the bird.

Edit: The more I did the fight with my group, the more we noticed he only did one nova most the time, but for some reason would double nova at the exact worst moment.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Has it been confirmed/denied yet that this new compatibility pack fixes the Flesh-Stick exploit?

Because if it has not been fixed, I have about 3 hours to give people boosts (or even possibly getting my alt character to 50).

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

ShadowedFlames posted:

Has it been confirmed/denied yet that this new compatibility pack fixes the Flesh-Stick exploit?

Because if it has not been fixed, I have about 3 hours to give people boosts (or even possibly getting my alt character to 50).
You do realize that not downloading the compatibility pack means you won't be able to play with people, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto Battalion
Mar 30, 2010
There is a way to avoid the nova, if you have a commando in your group with shielded turret(s) you'll be safe as long as you're inside. The guys I play with can beat him first time almost every time now, the only wild card factor is surviving after he hulks out.

Basically what we do is keep everyone close together so we can get inside the turret shields and pick up the siren quickly if she goes down. The commando immediately picks the turrets back up after the novas. We target all but one of his minions and destroy them just running around the outside of the map, then whittle down the last minion and work on Hyperius at each shut down. This usually gets him down to about 25% health when he goes into hulk mode. By then our mechromancer releases deathtrap, if we're lucky that'll draw Hyperius' attention and all we have to worry about is avoiding novas.

• Locked thread