Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

wologar posted:

Oh, yes! Pretty cool, isn't it?

10 alive, 6 votes to execute, (hopefully) 2 scum votes today, but Sand apparently absconds EoD so it's actually 9 alive. If we vote out town and nothing stops the NK, tomorrow it's gonna be 7 alive, 4 to execute, a person with three hated votes, and two scum votes.

If Jen is town and gets turboed on a single scum vote, with a NK, 7 becomes 5, three to execute, two scum and if wol is still alive it's game because he is cursed too.

If we vote out scum today, tomorrow is... 7 alive, 4 to execute, a person with three hated votes, and a scum vote. If Jen is town and gets turboed plus NK next day it's 5 alive, 3 to execute, wol with two curse stacks and 1 scum.

Which means we pretty much need to hit scum today.

Yes. Cool is the word I was thinking of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 3

wologar (3): Jen X, PlasticAutomaton, Ignatius M. Meen
Jen X (2): Anonymous, Anonymous

Not Voting (7): Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Sandwolf, Shellception, Snooze Cruise, Toalpaz, wologar

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 18th, 2023 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 12 hours.

Quote for new page.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

Yes. Cool is the word I was thinking of.

:yeah:

##vote DBD

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I'd like someone to check my numbers up there just in case I fumbled something, please.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Nah, that sounds about right. Of course if Wolo's town I've also put us in a terrible spot but tbh I think Occam's razor is that he murdered the poo poo out of Maer while Sandy stole EGG.

Toal are you certain that DBD has a town role? Cause he's the only one who hasn't claimed some kind of night action regarding this.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

E G G

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Well, my role pm says there's a painter in the game. Could be an arso painter but

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

Well, my role pm says there's a painter in the game. Could be an arso painter but

Did Somber steal Meen's idea for a game? Rude.

(Arso painter seems funny tho)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ah Somber games and the never ending attempts to have a painter actually do something. (I know the pain)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

There can't be a painter, it's D3 and they haven't flipped yet :v:

Anyway, I'm fine with executing wolo today. I'm just holding off voting so it doesn't feel as much like a totally done deal. Still hoping there might be some cool late-day development like yesterday

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

As it stands, we pretty much have to either hit scum today or take one of the cursed people out, IMO, preferrably both. That's why I asked for someone to look at the numbers.

If we do a non-cursed town, and somehow none of the cursed people are scum either, then both Jen and wol are ripe for scumrushing in sucessive days as the hated stacks grow.

I'm OK with doing wol and seeing if that somehow stops the curse on JenX, tbh.

I also think we're not in a hurry, we can afford to wait and talk.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
What I'm hearing from Bif and Shell is "yeah, I'm voting wol, but let's prolong his suffering the maximum amount."

Do it, cowards.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Note that if we do wol and he is town and the curse persists, we can still get a D4 that is 5/2 with four votes to execute and Jen with three stacks. Which means our only alternative is pretty much Jen there, as she herself said, because next day it'd be 3/2 and four hated stacks which lol.

But by doing that we at least can aim for a worst case scenario that is a 3/2 YOLO with no hateds. It cuts it really short but it's not instalose, IMO.

And that is still implying no one manages to somehow stop a NK, no one watches a killer, and both wol and Jen are town, so it's somehow of a worst case scenario.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i wonder who would want to kill me n1

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

wologar posted:

What I'm hearing from Bif and Shell is "yeah, I'm voting wol, but let's prolong his suffering the maximum amount."

Do it, cowards.

I thought curses were good, actually!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar posted:

Do it, cowards.

If you are town, you do benefit from waiting it out a bit. But I personally am not gonna make you stay playing if you don't want to.

If you want a mercy kill, just say so.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

i wonder who would want to kill me n1

I do too! Because as the action map is coming out... yeah. If Toal is right and the mystery missing role is actually a painter, I'm starting to believe you did indeed stop a kill.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought curses were good, actually!

I wasn't talking abot the curse just now.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Shellception posted:

If you are town, you do benefit from waiting it out a bit. But I personally am not gonna make you stay playing if you don't want to.

If you want a mercy kill, just say so.

I don't see this going any other way. Do you?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
But fine, I understand the need to use the remaining time to talk it out.

I just won't participate.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

dbd said they tried to solve this but isn't the key literally meant to say, hey here is the key? keys aren't in the windings font that is an emoji...
likely doesn't matter but i am curious and want someone to figure it out before the game is over >.<

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

wologar posted:

weird baby post

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

dbd said they tried to solve this but isn't the key literally meant to say, hey here is the key? keys aren't in the windings font that is an emoji...
likely doesn't matter but i am curious and want someone to figure it out before the game is over >.<

What's this?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Shellception posted:

What's this?

its in the description of creepy egg video

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

weird baby post

Let people be. Sometimes you just need to bow out.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

wologar posted:

If Snooze stopped a kill, by her own words of how her role works, that is actually important as all hell. Not that we can know right now, but it IS something I was wondering about too.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Shellception posted:

If Snooze stopped a kill, by her own words of how her role works, that is actually important as all hell. Not that we can know right now, but it IS something I was wondering about too.

She took that back and claimed another weirder role I thought

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

I think she claimed she first roleblocks, then doesn't roleblock but selfwatch.

Snooze Cruise posted:

I am a town "aberrant" , the first time a night action is used on me it fails as if blocked. The second time I am informed. I have another thing I can do but rather keep this to info out of thread for now. I was not informed of Meen's visit. I am not sure how my role interacts with another role blocker, but I would assume it gets priority. But maybe I was the o e to stop the kill night 1, and Meen just blocked my getting informed on the second visit power.

Which, if she stopped a kill N1, becomes kinda relevant as Meen claimed to cop her, and she, as per claim, didn't see Meen. Him claiming coproleblocker makes it blurrier, tho.

But if she did not stop a kill, according to that, Meen should have been blocked (both should have blocked each other IMO) unless some weird resolution order thing is in play.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I do think actives trump passives here - I did ask how my eccodoc would interact with a potential PGO (don't ask, that was just me going galaxybrained at some point in time, I do not think this is actually in play here) and I was informed my doc (active) would probably protect someone visiting one (and activating a passive).

By the same rule, unless PMs say otherwise, active RB roleblocking a passive selfwatch seems to track.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Anyway, ##vote wologar because I really think he's entitled to rest.

That is -2, so please notice if you're not intending to hammer still.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Also someone drag Meen to the drat thread, he's been absurdly hard to get to talk about anything all game long.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Toalpaz posted:

starting to think most of the "snooze is incomprehensible" vibes come from people not actually reading my posts

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

I'm both a bit drunk and utterly tired so going to sleep right now. Lesving this here just in case we need it later.

Votecount for Day 3

wologar (4): Jen X, PlasticAutomaton, Ignatius M. Meen, Shellception
Jen X (2): Anonymous, Anonymous
Deadbeat Dad (1): wologar

Not Voting (5): Bifauxnen, Deadbeat Dad, Sandwolf, Snooze Cruise, Toalpaz

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 18th, 2023 at 10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 6 hours.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh poo poo I have a vote?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sandwolf posted:

Oh poo poo I have a vote?

Lol

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Snooze Cruise posted:

Yeah I considered the key too but maybe it's just gibberish? idk. My paranoia brain was stuck on Sand because of all of that though so maybe it is egg game after all!

##vote wolo

He's -1 so be careful but yeah I don't really see this moving elsewhere and he seems resigned to want to go, unless its some jester thing but I doubt it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

A̶̪̋͘N̶̢̉̄ ̵̼͕͆̽O̷͈͂ͅM̴̪̑͝Į̶̟͑͘N̸̪̖̉͛O̷͇͐U̶̹͝S̷̘̬̓ ̶̼̹̔P̵̼̎Ó̸͎͇̇R̷̺̠̀̎T̴̎ͅȨ̷̛̖̈N̴̙̬͆̚T̷͙̎ ̴͔̋̐F̴̢̛L̴͎̥̀͆O̴͖̊Ō̶͓̈́D̶̰̣̀Ṡ̶̗͑ ̸̭̈́T̸͆͜Ḫ̷̎Ȇ̸͉ ̶͈͔̂̋Ỉ̴͔͓Ṇ̵̦͐̈́V̴̱̎͗E̷̟̭͐Ś̵̥̔T̷̲̋͗Į̷̦͂G̴̠̽A̷͖͙͐͠T̸̺͖̈́͑O̶̗̯͛̒R̷̢̽Ş̶̥̃'̸̛̖͗ ̷͓̌̔Ḿ̴͕Î̴̝͗N̵͕̓̕D̸̨̨̀͘S̵̤̩͆

warning: mostly cheesy but maybe scary if you don't like this kinda stuff!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG2_CqKJWas

Play continues.

drat , we really going to let egg man sandwolf live adfer this poo poo. This is kill on site video. I finally know what you're all talking about wtc

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There’s some 3P hunting from Toal, there, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

There’s some 3P hunting from Toal, there, too

The mod literally says you're ominous