Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Gridlocked posted:

Also Lumpen are you speculating here that MMT could be the MiB and therefore have a pile of kill abilities as is fitting woth their flavour? Also would in theory make them 3p with a personal objective.

I hadn't thought of that specifically but it is possible...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also before I get called out on "Hey Grid you said you can't post much because of work but now your dominating the post count on d2. What the hell?"

I'm having a minor freak out at work cause the defense force is wanting to rush my application and start me maybe in May if I pass the interviews and officer board. I wasn't expecring an interview till then let alone potential starting date and now my plans are a bit in a mess.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Gridlocked posted:

Also I'd love to hear from Dead Cow about her vote.

I counted to three.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Gridlocked posted:

Hey AS. I see you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Did something happen to you last night to cause this?

friend i don't care for your tone, i'll thank you to make no more comments about my bed or what side i choose to sleep.

i oughta cut your throat for wasting my time with this addled question, but so you can join the rest of us in understanding, its a yes.

(hi gridlocked!)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Atomic Soda posted:

friend i don't care for your tone, i'll thank you to make no more comments about my bed or what side i choose to sleep.

i oughta cut your throat for wasting my time with this addled question, but so you can join the rest of us in understanding, its a yes.

(hi gridlocked!)

Please post more so I can see creative insults you ugly aborted rat fetus

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Gridlocked posted:

Also Lumpen are you speculating here that MMT could be the MiB and therefore have a pile of kill abilities as is fitting woth their flavour? Also would in theory make them 3p with a personal objective.

Lumpen posted:

I hadn't thought of that specifically but it is possible...

well lookee here we still got flavor hunting from these two geniuses.

Gridlocked posted:

Please post more so I can see creative insults you ugly aborted rat fetus

i understand friend, given your own disgraceful attempts. it must be like comparing the desert sun rise to the dull flickering of a cheap candlestub.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Atomic Soda posted:

i understand friend, given your own disgraceful attempts. it must be like comparing the desert sun rise to the dull flickering of a cheap candlestub.

Disgraceful attempts? Look here you inbred child of two goats my insult game is a vast mine of untapped wealth waiting to be shared with the world while yours is what happens when Pete the One Balled prospector gets on the piss and accidentally opens up a cespit. Frankly your limp and flacid attempts are insults would make your mother regurgitate the rancid offal that was her lunch. You night was clearly a pitiful disappointment where you slept in a horse fart smelling ban cuddled up to a cactus and I hope you get a better more comfortable one tonight so we don't have to see your piss stained attempts to sound tough.

(This is fun!)

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
*spits*

friend, i've slept in many a barn. combined they would still smell sweeter than the rancid air of dull stupidity emanating from your slacked jawed mouth.

its steak tonight boys ##vote dead cows

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
What's your beef with the cowgirl?

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
AS got a funny talk I guess

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dead Cow posted:

I counted to three.

So wait is that a serious vote?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Gridlocked posted:

What's your beef with the cowgirl?

i don't like that vote on retro and i'd really like a burger. a vote now seems like a fine idea. you got a problem with that?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I think I'll wait for her response, DKGs reponse and the nwxt lumpen list

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I liked DGK yesterday.

I still like him today. And if he does us all a favor and flips scum, ho boy does that vote split yesterday become interesting.

##vote DGK

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
agreed. dgk has the stink of scum on him, i'd happily string him up.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Atomic Soda posted:

agreed. dgk has the stink of scum on him, i'd happily string him up.

*her

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Gridlocked posted:

I am fairly certain MMT did not perform any sort of night action.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Retro Futurist posted:

So wait is that a serious vote?

ayup

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

So what did you do last night to put you on to that DC?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

merk posted:

What’s up? No more PR. Busy this evening.

Pretty sure you're still scum, and Lumpen probably is too.

##vote Merk

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DGK2000 posted:

I am fairly certain MMT did not perform any sort of night action.

Explain please.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Explain please.

I have an ability that stops people and also keeps them from dying.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:lol:

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

Explain please.

My mention of it is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849854&userid=115724&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post481706296

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

DGK2000 posted:

I have an ability that stops people and also keeps them from dying.
Are you claiming Jailer or leaving wiggle room?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Lumpen posted:

Are you claiming Jailer or leaving wiggle room?

It's... sort of a jailer. There is also a 1/4 chance that MMTs day or night action will not work today. I think that's as close as I can get without getting modkilled.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Okay, in the absence of a counter-claim or other refutation, ##unvote

##Vote King Burgundy

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'm inclined to believe DGKs odd half role claim.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ouch where's the trust Lumpen

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Why is 50 town?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
The annoying thing is I could do a DGK claim and try to exonerate myself from that bad rating but it involves another lerson labled scum so it's not like it will cover much beyond thanks to an easy counter claim "look at this scum trying to protect other scum".

Sadness :(

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Gridlocked posted:

Ouch where's the trust Lumpen
You spent a whoooole lot of :words: in D1 rolefishing about MMT, then about HiipFire (maybe a suicide bomber? you said) and not from a Town-mind viewpoint. Hated your "oh no! shucks that's terrible" post in twilight as well. Have to ponder whether your suggesting that flerp was 3P was calculated misdirection, not sure on that but it would have to be for you to be Scum.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i believe dgk for now, but until mmt regales us with her presence, i'll keep a close hold of my knife.

Lumpen posted:

Okay, in the absence of a counter-claim or other refutation, ##unvote

##Vote King Burgundy

i see this but can't help but think the lurker deaths were almost too much kb. i may be overthinking it. other posts aren't great.

lumpen, while i appreciate the support i can't help but be wary of the vast gulf in your estimation of me compared to yesterday. what're you playing at.

Gridlocked posted:

The annoying thing is I could do a DGK claim and try to exonerate myself from that bad rating but it involves another lerson labled scum so it's not like it will cover much beyond thanks to an easy counter claim "look at this scum trying to protect other scum".

Sadness :(

*squints* well now what do we have here

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

DGK2000 posted:

Why is 50 town?
Well, I got a mystery injection N1, so either he is Town, or else the mystery injector didn't have N0 action and 50 is the injector (or Scumbuddies with the injector) and cooked up a fake story about getting injected for future Town cred. I find that unlikely.

If someone claims they're Town and injected me, then 50 claiming injected D1 loses all exculpatory power. I think 50's playing pretty Town though anyway, I said that D1 even when I thought the injection stuff was an entirely fabricated gambit.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Atomic Soda posted:

lumpen, while i appreciate the support i can't help but be wary of the vast gulf in your estimation of me compared to yesterday. what're you playing at.
You've had your settings messed with. That indicates you're a Host to me, since I had the same experience, unless there are 3 people who show up funny-talking today.

Since there's only one funny-talker so far in D2, one of the nightkills may have been the other intended target for setting-alteration last night, I infer.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Lumpen posted:

You've had your settings messed with. That indicates you're a Host to me, since I had the same experience, unless there are 3 people who show up funny-talking today.

Since there's only one funny-talker so far in D2, one of the nightkills may have been the other intended target for setting-alteration last night, I infer.

ok, but i'll caution against assuming anyone talkin' funny is one of us. a craven and devious scum might put it on, scared of the inevitable wave of consequences coming down to meet them.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

I feel like night action explanations are going to lose power very quickly.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Lumpen posted:

Well, I got a mystery injection N1, so either he is Town, or else the mystery injector didn't have N0 action and 50 is the injector (or Scumbuddies with the injector) and cooked up a fake story about getting injected for future Town cred. I find that unlikely.

If someone claims they're Town and injected me, then 50 claiming injected D1 loses all exculpatory power. I think 50's playing pretty Town though anyway, I said that D1 even when I thought the injection stuff was an entirely fabricated gambit.

I think it's a pretty fifty thing to claim injected as the injector. Regardless, I wanted to see if his lack of content swayed you. Merk also hates lurkers and has killed them before as scum. It's old meta though. That's my current theory, coupled with his high posting trying to drive the thread lynches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Is there any reason to think that stuff like the injection or funny talks will only affect one type of alignment aside from the theme?

• Locked thread