Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

how did "trump" even get to be a positive brand, he's been a total joke for as long as i can remember

trump's dad was a slumlord in the worst parts of new york city

trump squandered that fortune and got famous by promoting incredibly flashy, outrageously expensive apartment towers in manhattan.

people love anything that projects the image of success, even the dude selling the image, i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
supporting evidence: the kardashians

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

trump's dad was a slumlord in the worst parts of new york city

trump squandered that fortune and got famous by promoting incredibly flashy, outrageously expensive apartment towers in manhattan.

people love anything that projects the image of success, even the dude selling the image, i guess

It's way, way more important to look successful than to be successful, yeah.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

how did "trump" even get to be a positive brand, he's been a total joke for as long as i can remember
short answer: the 1980s

trump also presents himself as what a dumb person thinks a rich person looks/acts/talks like

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

FMguru posted:

trump also presents himself as what a dumb person thinks a rich person looks/acts/talks like

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

FMguru posted:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
my grandmother was english and moved to america in the late 40s . she said "trump" was funny to her because growing up that was the word for a fart.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Condiv posted:

on this note, the snes controller was amazing and whenever i pick one up i'm left wondering why newer controllers can't be as comfortable

agreed

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

is that ur dentists office?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

my grandmother was english and moved to america in the late 40s . she said "trump" was funny to her because growing up that was the word for a fart.

top trumps

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

now its the word for a fart with incredibly bad hair

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

for a long time Nintendo had a patent on some of its controller elements, including IIRC the d-pad

oh hey guess what patent expires in november of this year

namco's patent on loading screen minigames :awesomelon:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

qntm posted:

oh hey guess what patent expires in november of this year

namco's patent on loading screen minigames :awesomelon:

just in time for solid state drives

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Now, why couldn't the N64 and Wii controllers be anywhere near as good. Though the Wii did have the pro controller...

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

computer parts posted:

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar posted:

is that ur dentists office?

my dentist is in the same building as deviant art

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
they got deviant art pics (paintings?) in the lobby. theres a cool hitchcock portrait that i like

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

computer parts posted:

just in time for sponsored loading screen content.

"guide the Pizza Hut delivery person to the man-child's cavern while we load your next LoL map realm or whatever the gently caress it is called"

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Shifty Pony posted:

just in time for sponsored loading screen content.

"guide the Pizza Hut delivery person to the man-child's cavern while we load your next LoL map realm or whatever the gently caress it is called"

I think you can already do that, you just don't start loading until they complete the activity

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
itsHappening.gif

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/worlds-first-autonomous-truck-goes-operation-n354511

really interested in who's ultimately holding the liability for this thing

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Necc0 posted:

itsHappening.gif

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/autos/worlds-first-autonomous-truck-goes-operation-n354511

really interested in who's ultimately holding the liability for this thing

i'm very interested to see what new businesses will pop up to make use of and service the autonomous cars/trucks.

ultimately this is going to replace all truck drivers with automation which will lead to lower prices on stuff but also put a ton of people out of work. i imagine it will be a lot like the steel industry where they are now producing more steel than in the past but with a fraction of the employees.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

they got deviant art pics (paintings?) in the lobby. theres a cool hitchcock portrait that i like

that's kinda cool but for some reason i wouldn't want to be under sedation in the same building that houses da

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Lyon posted:

i'm very interested to see what new businesses will pop up to make use of and service the autonomous cars/trucks.

service probably wouldn't change much assuming the general design of the car is unchanged

making use of is a bit trickier because on the one hand it's an automated car but on the other hand loading & unloading is a much harder problem that isn't being solved.

so probably something like uber but with real taxis, or maybe they'll give ups jobs to teenagers or something

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Citizen Tayne posted:

It's way, way more important to look successful than to be successful, yeah.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

CAPTURED: The One Time Donald Trump Was Attractive To Something, Anything

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

computer parts posted:

making use of is a bit trickier because on the one hand it's an automated car but on the other hand loading & unloading is a much harder problem that isn't being solved.

replace all trucks with dump trucks, problem solved

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
gonna start a new business to hijack and pirate automated trucks

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ANAmal.net posted:

replace all trucks with trump ducks, problem solved

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

computer parts posted:

service probably wouldn't change much assuming the general design of the car is unchanged

I would expect the design of an autonomous car to differ a lot. you don't care about sight lines, a reinforced passenger compartment, air flow, having contiguous open space. you can make it some aerodynamic teardrop shape that has better access to serviceable parts if you want.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Subjunctive posted:

I would expect the design of an autonomous car to differ a lot. you don't care about sight lines, a reinforced passenger compartment, air flow, having contiguous open space. you can make it some aerodynamic teardrop shape that has better access to serviceable parts if you want.

i'm assuming they still want a real person in there as backup like that law (and similar ones in other states) emphasized

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh. then yeah.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

tech buble: kotaku is convinced I invented lets plays

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Subjunctive posted:

better access to serviceable parts if you want.

lmfao i have news for you regarding the general tack of the automotive industry

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

http://kotaku.com/who-invented-lets-play-videos-1702390484

:lol:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol duolingo emailed me to say they were adding esperanto and klingon

not arabic or mandarin or cantonese or anything actually relevant

really late to this but there's not really any way they can add those languages based on the design of the system without having to teach entirely new alphabets

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

hope you're happy this is how your 15 minutes of fame is going to get used up

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

pr0zac posted:

hope you're happy this is how your 15 minutes of fame is going to get used up

remember tf2? I'm on minute 14 already

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol at how most of the users in those screenshots have since been banned

Sair
May 11, 2007

the system works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

carry on then posted:

lol at how most of the users in those screenshots have since been banned

also that they spent several hours looking for an old oregon trail lp

i lol because i was looking for a photoshop phriday pic i did and couldn't find it the other day and was like, eh i have archives how hard could this be

several hours later, nope

• Locked thread