Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

greazeball posted:

Acting like a huge stupid bitch all the time is my love language

Don’t doxx me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Please don't deceive the people you love. :ohdear:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for letting my child cuss at an old woman?

You know, stories like this make me think of how the grocery store we went to when I was little had a place to drop your kids off while you shopped. Because shopping is sometimes just a lot for a kid, moreso for the neurodivergent kids, and if you have to take your kids to the store with you but they hate shopping, you could leave them there with an adult supervisor for a half hour or so, so long as they were old enough to be potty trained. They had a tv and stuff to colour. I loved that place. Mom would give me a choice about it and I'd do either, depending on how I felt that day. This would've been late eighties.

I'm sure the reason this isn't more common is "paying for licensed childcare in a grocery store would involve paying more than the poverty wages they prefer" but it really was a great thing.

Anyway mom is great, kids are great, this old lady sucks.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

lmao you idiot, just say one of the recent ones, doesn't matter if she was hotter when she was 10 years younger.

when I read the title I assumed that he had at least known her that long, no poo poo that you don't tell your girlfriend she was hotter a decade before she met you :psyduck:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RoboRodent posted:

You know, stories like this make me think of how the grocery store we went to when I was little had a place to drop your kids off while you shopped. Because shopping is sometimes just a lot for a kid, moreso for the neurodivergent kids, and if you have to take your kids to the store with you but they hate shopping, you could leave them there with an adult supervisor for a half hour or so, so long as they were old enough to be potty trained. They had a tv and stuff to colour. I loved that place. Mom would give me a choice about it and I'd do either, depending on how I felt that day. This would've been late eighties.

I'm sure the reason this isn't more common is "paying for licensed childcare in a grocery store would involve paying more than the poverty wages they prefer" but it really was a great thing.

Also letting some stranger you don't know oversee your children!?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

RoboRodent posted:

Our local grocery store had a kid zone like that, only staffed certain hours, and it lasted until March 2020. Not likely to ever come back, much like salad buffet restaurants (RIP Sweet Tomatoes).

E: ^^^ Yeah, I never felt comfortable with the idea of dropping my small children there but some people did!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for being sick and tired of hearing about babies and saying so?

Just knowing/using those words (mommybot? WTF?) means that you're in need of a serious adjustment.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
where is the Facebook shareable stating “I was dumped in an ikea play place as a kid and I turned out fine” with a minion

thanks

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

^^^ oh COME ON

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Also letting some stranger you don't know oversee your children!?

Some of you never got put in Småland and it shows

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA if I don’t want to pay back my husband for a buying “me” a car that I didn’t even want

quote:

An ex boyfriend bought me a 2019 Jeep Cherokee (35000 miles) and my husband hates the car. He wants me to trade this car for a 2012 BMW X5 (127000 miles) because he test drove it and it’s faster than my jeep and apparently it’s safer for me and our baby.

I said NO. NO. NO. 30k miles for 127k miles?!? Not to mention the costs of repairs.

He went ahead and bought the BMW and is waiting for me to sell my car so I can pay him back.

The BMW already has issues. Bluetooth doesn’t work, none of the electronic ports work. He drives the BMW to work. I’ve never even sat on the driver’s seat.

I still have my Jeep. I refuse to cash out my Jeep for a car I didn’t want to buy in the first place.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

ChickenDoodle posted:

^^^ oh COME ON

I would have used the IKEA kids place in a heartbeat but it was always too busy to accept more kids when we went!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to coach my half brother due to me and my moms relationship?

Jeff got owned, mom sucks, and drake sucks too. Take a hint bozo.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Hey, IKEA had a ballpit, why would I not want to go play in there instead of helping my parents buy furniture.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

teen witch posted:

where is the Facebook shareable stating “I was dumped in an ikea play place as a kid and I turned out fine” with a minion

thanks

you rang?

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

ChickenDoodle posted:

^^^ oh COME ON

We didn't get an IKEA in central Florida until I was in my 20s, and they told me I was too tall to play :cry:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I appreciate you.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

I really appreciate that this image is giving me a migraine.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

RoboRodent posted:

The Albertsons that used to be open in my neighborhood when I was a kid had a little sitting area like this. My dad could leave me there and make a quick loop and buy everything while I had a hot chocolate. He didn't have to wait for my short legs to keep pace and I didn't have to go all around the store. Of course in the race to the bottom the whole store was closed and replaced with a walmart with no cashiers for the reasons you've delineated.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA if I don’t want to pay back my husband for a buying “me” a car that I didn’t even want

Like people who are younger displaying boomerbrain, being a BMW owner (in addition to being a factual descriptor) can also be a state of mind. OP's husband managed to act like a total BMW owner before ever owning a BMW.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Soylent Pudding posted:

An ex boyfriend bought me a 2019 Jeep Cherokee (35000 miles) and my husband hates the car. He wants me to trade this car for a 2012 BMW X5 (127000 miles) because he test drove it and it’s faster than my jeep and apparently it’s safer for me and our baby.
There's a whole story in the bolded part. Ages would probably add quite a bit too.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Soylent Pudding posted:

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

There's a whole story in the bolded part. Ages would probably add quite a bit too.

Reddit OP 4 months ago on 'r/redpillwomen posted:

Past betrayal causing internal conflict
I’m an unmarried stay at home mom to a toddler. My partner and I separated for 1.5years due to his lying (he was deleting messages with a coworker. there was no cheating). During that separation, our son and I moved back in with my mom. Since then, my eyes have been opened to the value of masculinity/fatherhood, traditionalism, etc and I understand that doing things out of order (moving in together, becoming pregnant before marriage) has brought me down this path.

Partner and I are trying things again. He supports me being a stay at home, homeschooling, but I can’t help but feel an impending betrayal. This nagging feeling makes me want to have a safety net - find a job, save money, cover my butt.

It doesn’t help my uncertainty that he makes no active move towards marriage despite discussing it. For instance, he said he wanted us to get a marriage license at the courthouse on a certain day and when that day passed, nothing - he forgot.

I am torn between committing to the “family” I’ve already made versus going my separate way and meeting someone new because I would like more children. I am 27, I don’t want to waste my fertile years with a man who’s not romantically intentional with me.

Ultimately, I will do what’s best for our son. I hope someone can help me deconstruct my confusion.

Take from it what you will, but 4 months ago she was unmarried and posting on a redpill subreddit. I really want to know what happened in the meantime.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

OhAreThey posted:

True, in the case of this AITA post, but people seem really upset at the thought of piercing a baby's ears in general, and it IS in fact a cultural thing for many people:
https://www.romper.com/p/9-things-white-families-dont-understand-about-piercing-a-babys-ears-64446
This is so incredibly goddamned stupid.

quote:

Some people view piercings as a rite of passage. I’m one of those people. Every body modification I’ve ever gotten has been a rite of passage — a change from one thing to the next. I don’t actually recall my first one, because I was a baby, but

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
...clip-on earrings cannot possibly hurt more than getting your ears pierced, right? I hope that one was a joke

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for wanting to drop out of my friend’s wedding?
A friend of mine was describing how a guy we both new was getting married. My friend was closer to the guy and his fiancee than I was- I'd only met them a couple of times- and the fiancee got mad at my friend and stopped talking to her because my friend couldn't spend all this money on gifts and travel/hotel stays at events and parties. At the time my friend was both pretty broke and pregnant/caring for a newborn. The fiancee also talks a lot about being neuroatypical in various ways and I have no clue if she has a diagnosis or if she's just . . . doing something else.

Anyway, I keep hoping she and her husband suddenly lose their disgustingly comfortable middle-class life. I don't really hate them, I just want to see what would happen.

Variable 5 posted:

...says the person that revolves theirs around hating babies. How is joking about abortion funny? Edit: please don't answer that.

Imagine Goofy getting an abortion

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

trickybiscuits posted:

Hyuk Hyuk! Garsh! my uterine lining is all scraped out! (tin whistle sound)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Variable 5 posted:

How is joking about abortion funny?

Well, in a given context-

Variable 5 posted:

Edit: please don't answer that.

Ah. I see what you did there.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
The author went from comparing getting your ears pierced with eating a turkey dinner at Thanksgiving to pointing out that "only" 24% of the piercings end up infected.

Lady, if I have a 1 in 4 chance of getting sick from eating a turkey dinner, I'm just not gonna eat it.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

trickybiscuits posted:

You fool. You absolute buffoon.

Minnie would be getting the abortion, not Goofy.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Variable 5 posted:

You fool. You absolute buffoon.

Minnie would be getting the abortion, not Goofy.

Right, Goofy performs it.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Variable 5 posted:

The author went from comparing getting your ears pierced with eating a turkey dinner at Thanksgiving to pointing out that "only" 24% of the piercings end up infected.

Lady, if I have a 1 in 4 chance of getting sick from eating a turkey dinner, I'm just not gonna eat it.

Yes, but, have you considered:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Seems like piercing a babys ears is child abuse, to me. It may be cultural child abuse though, in which case it's good.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

teen witch posted:

thanks

I didn't turn out fine but I definitely don't blame Ikea showing disney movies and playing in the ball pit for that

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Ok and we’re done with this derail, thanks everyone! No encores!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

My former SIL used to drop her kids of at the ball pit and then sneak around the other exit to go out and get her hair done nearby.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to coach my half brother due to me and my moms relationship?
Oh hey, more advice telling someone that not wanting a relationship with a parent who blew up their marriage means that their anger is destroying their life and they just need to get over it and talk to their parent, who will certainly listen to reason.

quote:

ESH. What your mom did and does is wrong and bad, but you need help. You are swallowing poison and expecting her to die. You're hurting yourself in the long run. I'm not saying forgive your mom or accept her into your life, but this level of hatred is very unhealthy and dangerous.
Then what the gently caress are you saying?

Most people are being reasonable though.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I keep searching for Goofy mpreg but I'm only finding this thread

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cool Dad posted:

I keep searching for Goofy mpreg but I'm only finding this thread

Welcome home

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

teen witch posted:

Ok and we’re done with this derail, thanks everyone! No encores!

Which one, ball pits or infant piercings?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Bargearse posted:

Which one, ball pits or infant piercings?

yes

E: ball piercings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

teen witch posted:

yes

E: ball piercings

So infant pits are okay??