Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Aliens could also just be so fundamentally different from us that it might be hard to accept for a lot of people.

Or that old scifi story where they look just like cartoon devils.

Maybe they are so fascinated by butts because they have never seen one. While for most people not making GBS threads out of their mouth is just a regular tuesday, it might be a huge mindfuck to other soecies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What if all the aliens communicate through their butts and their probing is just an attempt to interrogate their involuntary guests?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

You'd think they'd figure it out and get bored of our butts after doing it for 70 years but maybe it's just tradition for them.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

hemale in pain posted:

You'd think they'd figure it out and get bored of our butts after doing it for 70 years but maybe it's just tradition for them.

You show me a more clear and concise way to communicate without your anus and I'll show you a liar!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

hemale in pain posted:

You might think it’s strange to be on a table getting your rear end probed. For me, it’s just Tuesday

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Maybe the first hillbilly they ever picked up had eaten a bunch of garbage and was having a really gassy day? Just like, wet farts nonstop. The aliens determined that we speak out of our buttholes and have spent the remaining time probing our asses trying to figure out how to translate the language

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
We had an article in the local paper about a UFO that was spotted over a dam up the canyon and people got really exited about it, until 2 days later when the truth came out and the photographer admitted it was only a plastic bag.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Not An Arsonist posted:

We had an article in the local paper about a UFO that was spotted over a dam up the canyon and people got really exited about it, until 2 days later when the coverup came out and the photographer was forced to pretend it was only a plastic bag.

FTFY

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I listened through the Joe Rogan interview of Jacques Vallee and James Fox and they mentioned some interesting things. They explicitly talked poo poo about the alien-derived-transistor theory, but def talked up Ti material science being ~spooky~ in origin.

The most interesting (new?) detail is Vallee explicitly claimed Chris Mellon was the og source of the released TTSA videos. I was wondering what Mellon's involvement was in this whole thing and I think Vallee said he "leaked the videos from the Navy" - hosed up if true.

EDIT: This has been out there for a while apparently. lol at the story tho:

"vice news posted:

Mellon, who is currently a member of Tom DeLonge’s To the Stars Academy, told filmmaker James Fox in an on-camera interview that he met with an unnamed individual in the parking lot of the Pentagon and was handed a package containing the three videos that formed the basis of the most important UFO article in many years.

“I received the videos, the now famous videos in the Pentagon parking lot from a Defense Department official. I still have the packaging,” Mellon said. “This is a case where somebody bent the rules a little bit, and they did so for the larger good and we’re absolutely all better off because of it.”

Everything these people say is either weird fascinating truth, or part of the narrative they're selling.

Delta-Wye fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 21, 2020

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

whitley will die knowing his true lasting contribution to our culture is aliens dig butt stuff. hell id wager it will be his last thought.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Aliens are a centuries long ARG. Just you wait, they'll tell you what they're advertising any day now.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

james fox put out a ufo documentary that was considered to be like the most bestest ever and it was mostly reused interview footage and it was good except noted charlatan Sam Penniston was featured prominently with his made up notebook about what the UFO looked like when it landed in Rendlesham Forest.

More on Peniston:

quote:

So 100% of the physical evidence has been easily and clearly explained. What about the men that saw the object? Well, only one of them, Penniston, claimed to actually see the object. I mean no disrespect when I say this, but that guy acted a bit weird afterwards. In television interviews, he’s shown off a little notebook in which he claims he made notes as the whole event was unfolding. Oddly, none of the other men saw his notebook at the time, and it’s not mentioned in any of the early debriefing reports. The notebook also has the wrong date (27 December) and the wrong time (12:20, by which he probably means 0020, instead of the well and thoroughly established 0300.)

While his original reports describe the area where the five men saw the lights, the “traditional” site for the landing, Penniston later claimed that there was a second landing site some few hundred meters from the east gate of the airbase, where he alone spotted the craft. None of the other witnesses mention this secondary site, and none of his original notes and sketches mention it. What are we to make of Penniston’s strange actions? At the very least, it should be clear that his erratic behavior and apparent making things up after the fact should cast his original information into doubt.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Is Santa an alien? how can he get all around the world so fast without anti grav tech?

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I think Santa's more like an elder God/entity.
* Always aware of what everyone is doing
* Keeps track of everyone's actions
* Rewards believers
* Accepts offerings
* Covers the entire planet in one night.
* Magical.

I'm sure I'm missing something but that points to elder God, to me.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

syntaxfunction posted:

Aliens are a centuries long ARG. Just you wait, they'll tell you what they're advertising any day now.

If this is like that angel thing in the 90s, I'm building a killdozer.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

frogge posted:

I think Santa's more like an elder God/entity.
* Always aware of what everyone is doing
* Keeps track of everyone's actions
* Rewards believers
* Accepts offerings
* Covers the entire planet in one night.
* Magical.

I'm sure I'm missing something but that points to elder God, to me.

Naw, if elder gods work like they do in Mortal Kombat they don't know poo poo, don't do poo poo, and are easily defeated by Liu Kang.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
UFO's are the same as sport, both substitutes for politics in its various forms.

If you removed them people would work out whats really going on.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

elder god Santa is an interesting idea

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Butternubs posted:

Is Santa an alien? how can he get all around the world so fast without anti grav tech?

According to the One-Santa Universe theory Santa can be in multiple places at once because he travels back in time. Hopefully you don't meet him while traveling backwards in time because that's equivalent to an anti-Santa traveling forwards in space.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Santa crashed at roswell and then came to my house and kissed me and stuffed my stocking

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Santa im to tired i have a meeting at 5 am ok Santa just be quick

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Big Beef City posted:

Santa crashed at roswell and then came to my house and kissed me and stuffed my stocking

That's weird, the aliens stuffed my stocking too

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I don't know why but Santa Claus keeps visiting me, even in the off season, and sticking things in my butt

wait a minute... :stare:

naem
May 29, 2011

uh, Santa Claus is a jolly old elf (and a jolly old elf is he)

born human he was an orphan raised by the fey and then became one after long association and is therefore immortal now

his appearance as a healthy older human (like Elrond in lotr) is cannon with (most) human/elf converts

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

Big Beef City posted:

Kramer's pudding skin with "I wanna BELIEVE, Jerry!" At the bottom

Quoting for weather balloons.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't know why but Santa Claus keeps visiting me, even in the off season, and sticking things in my butt

wait a minute... :stare:

lmao

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

http://chng.it/yzLWSJKY

Sign this petition to demand the Galactic Federation to reveal themselves and help fix the world!

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

PawParole posted:

Sign this petition to demand the Galactic Federation to reveal themselves and help fix the world!

loving signed! Sick of living in a zoo

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

PawParole posted:

It's a good thing the Galactic Federation honors online petitions

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

PawParole posted:

I'm a very busy man. Maybe later

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Dear space aliens,

We have oil. Please come and liberate us.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lmao it’s gonna turn out that naturally occurring oil is the most efficient energy source in the galaxy and aliens are just cooking up an excuse to declare war on us

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The Earth humans are stockpiling weapons of mass disintegration and they hate our space freedoms!

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
We're all a Truman show for aliens and im embarrassed

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pontificating rear end posted:

It's a good thing the Galactic Federation honors online petitions

so glad that prop 402 passed

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

WEH posted:

The National UFO Reporting Center has a cool website

Maybe four years or so ago I dropped in on a Coast to Coast broadcast that was in the middle of talking to the guy who started and runs (maybe ran by this point, he sounded ancient) that site. He was very excited because there had been a huge unexpected spike in UFO reports to the site on the previous night.

The interview was taking place on the 5th of July.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Mooey Cow posted:

The Earth humans are stockpiling weapons of mass disintegration and they hate our space freedoms!

Aliens hanging a giant banner on a spacecraft carrier that says MISSION ACCOMPLISHED in space language

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

If they can do that, why are they constantly abducting and sodomizing hillbillies?

Abductions are less like the end of Communion and more like the end of American Beauty.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Delta-Wye posted:

I listened through the Joe Rogan interview

Why would you ever do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

poisonpill posted:

Lmao it’s gonna turn out that naturally occurring oil is the most efficient energy source in the galaxy and aliens are just cooking up an excuse to declare war on us

Well, they better hurry it the gently caress up.