Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Yeah i just finished Reacher and the main character rules. That it reminds me, as another poster already noticed, slightly of Banshee is a good and a bad thing. Godd being the semblance and bad that it is inferior in every way. With the exception of headbutts. It's still an ok to good show, but way slower and saner. I guess, you can't make them anymore like they did in the last decade.

Also, the ending gave me slight Carradine Kung Fu vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's kind of the books. Jack Reacher just goes places and solves problems. It's in the same vein as those old shows like Kung Fu, Incredible Hulk and Xavier: Renegade Angel.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Comparing it to Xavier Renegade angel is the only thing, how deep does that comparison go? I don't wanna see a beef boy beat up problems unless his name is Kiryu... but if the Beefman goes around having surreal experiences and problems then that's another story.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sorry, I was just making a joke about those old wandering fixer shows. Unfortunately they don't actually have anything in common.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/anafabregagood/status/1490356203167358985

YES
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
NICE

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Chantal’s Castle!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm just so happy because while it was renewed shortly after the first season aired then there was no news about it at all for so long.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I was getting worried. I googled a few weeks ago and didn’t find anything about it, so this is a fantastic surprise!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Same! That's such a sweet show with a great cast. Except Armisen, get him the gently caress outta there.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God, season 2 of Succession, Kendall doing a rap about his dad at the celebration in Scotland :vince:

There are a ton of bad Kendall moments but that's the peak.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just watched the Reacher pilot. I'm really digging it. I haven't read any of the books in a decade but the dude nails the Reacher vibe.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Hughmoris posted:

Just watched the Reacher pilot. I'm really digging it. I haven't read any of the books in a decade but the dude nails the Reacher vibe.

Yeah it's good. Banshee 2.0 pretty much

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Today looks back at the 10th anniversary of everyone’s favorite TV show….

Wait, is this right?

Someone is talking about… SMASH???

https://www.today.com/popculture/smash-nbc-ten-years-broadway-adaptation-rcna15071

quote:

Fade in on a show, with a hunger for fame, and a face and a name to remember.

Ten years ago on Feb. 6, 2012, "Smash" premiered on NBC.

The pilot was really nothing broadcast television had ever seen before. Sure, there was the Fox hit "Glee" — but "Smash" profiled the nitty gritty behind-the-scenes making of "Bombshell," a Broadway musical based on the life of Marilyn Monroe. Chock-full of incredible original music, the series quickly went viral for its glitz, glamour and garish cheesiness during a time when social media wasn't quite up and running like it is today.

Real life behind-the-scenes drama ended up plaguing the series and led to a directionless season two. After NBC pulled the plug, though, the show's legacy continued. Maybe like an artist whose work is worth more after they're dead, the fandom for "Smash" continued, and still to this day it burns.

On this decadelong anniversary, TODAY had the opportunity to sit down with numerous creatives who helmed the project — as well as one of its stars — to dish about it, and also look ahead at what's next for the embattled musical series that still has fans singing and humming along.

Also its going to be adapted to Broadway.

quote:

Aiming for a 2024 Broadway opening, Tony-winner Bob Martin and Tony-nominated Rick Elice are writing the book, and the show is slated to workshop this summer. The show will not be a restaging of "Bombshell," but a behind the scenes look at its creation — similar to the series but different in many ways, according to Meron and Greenblatt.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Yay! I love this weird little show.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

TV Zombie posted:

If you can give another example besides the British Hustle, I might be able to suggest something.

Leverage is a straight rip-off of Hustle, so that would be one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Finished season 2 of Succession. Yesssss turn on each other, destroy each other! :yeshaha:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I think because of this thread discussing Review, I had a dream last night that I was watching a new Andy Daly show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There all is aching

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I listened to their 2021 year in review episode and it's nice insight into the industry but not quite what I'm looking for.

I guess what I'm looking for is like the old Firewall & Iceberg podcast. The closest right now is the What We've Been Watching segment of The Filmcast (formerly the /Filmcast). Basically like a podcast form of this thread. :v:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/markberman/status/1487175747248832512

This would not have worked like, at all

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

" Knoxville, 50; Steve-O, 47; Pontius, 47; Acuña, 48; and Tremaine, 55"

Huh, I always presumed it was the craziness that aged them rather than them actually being a good chunk older than me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

mandatory johnny knoxville "ouch my balls skit" only marginally less painful than political tepid opener

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

It’s a heartwarming show of friendship and loyalty, sure, but have you considered that choosing SNL instead might have spared us from all these years of Bam Margera?

Just stop for a moment and think about a world where Bam is either completely unknown or just a footnote in Knoxville’s wiki page.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I got to Jackass 3D in my rewatch last night and Bam is SUCH a little bitch

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He's a perfect example of being able to dish it out but not take it. He would regularly go after people's phobias but then be all "This isn't funny anymore" and burst into tears when they'd get snakes involved.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Josh Lyman posted:

I listened to their 2021 year in review episode and it's nice insight into the industry but not quite what I'm looking for.

I guess what I'm looking for is like the old Firewall & Iceberg podcast. The closest right now is the What We've Been Watching segment of The Filmcast (formerly the /Filmcast). Basically like a podcast form of this thread. :v:

Oh. Yeah. That'd 100% not be it then. Let me know if you come across a good one - between The Ringer falling off and the pandemic, my "popculture by osmosis" is dwindling down to this thread and group texts when something new comes out streaming. Going to be a problem when bar trivia is a thing again.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am trying to do a Jackass rewatch but Paramount keeps making GBS threads itself.
Literally every streaming service runs fine with no problems on multiple platforms in my house except Paramount. It will just stutter amd pause constantly unless I catch a 45 minute window where its good.

I am halfway through the second one and I think this one is the best one, but haven't seen 4 yet.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7rlZLw9m10

She certainly has the eyes and voice down. Still not sure who wanted this series though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I did. Because I want to see this dramatized

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7rlZLw9m10

She certainly has the eyes and voice down. Still not sure who wanted this series though.
Amanda Seyfried is great and the Theranos story is loving wild. I'm gonna watch the hell out of this.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

zoux posted:

I did. Because I want to see this dramatized

I would believe that is a text conversation between Dennis Reynolds and one of his subjects.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hughmoris posted:

I would believe that is a text conversation between Dennis Reynolds and one of his subjects.

More like a text between Mac and Dennis.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol the cnn talking heads are losing their minds over the firing of Jeff Zucker

https://twitter.com/jeremymbarr/status/1490788604880248845

Who loving cares dude

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1490769135927799814

lmao @ Jeremy Renner interacting with normies

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 7, 2022

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

mobby_6kl posted:

Do we have an Archive 81 thread? It's pretty good! I hate that they pulled this flashback in the penultimate episode instead of advancing the plot in the present day but they wrapped it up pretty well and it's this kind of spooky paranormal poo poo that I like.

I really enjoyed this show, but it was kind of lame that they end on a cliff hanger with hope for a season 2 when it doesn't look like it will get one yet.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 7, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

zoux posted:

Lol the cnn talking heads are losing their minds over the firing of Jeff Zucker

https://twitter.com/jeremymbarr/status/1490788604880248845

Who loving cares dude

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1490769135927799814

lmao @ Jeremy Renner interacting with normies

I like the actor, but that sounds dreadful. How much positive influence could a custom built vehicle even have on community?

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

That photo reminds me of bad high school glamour shots from the early 2000s.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s a heartwarming show of friendship and loyalty, sure, but have you considered that choosing SNL instead might have spared us from all these years of Bam Margera?

Just stop for a moment and think about a world where Bam is either completely unknown or just a footnote in Knoxville’s wiki page.

Have you seen Bam lately. You don't need to take shots at him, dude is already living his worst life.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah I've seen a few interviews with various Jackass boys over the last few months and they're all pretty torn up about it. Of course, if you've ever had a good friend go through severe substance abuse you know how that feels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I like the actor, but that sounds dreadful. How much positive influence could a custom built vehicle even have on community?

A lot, depending on the community and it's needs. Like if you trying to build housing in the middle of loving nowhere where nobody delivers, having a serious work truck that can take a lot of cargo reliably is the difference between having progress and not. The degree to which Renner can find those communities and meet their needs is....questionable.