Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

the other forums don't believe we can win the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

if we practice every day, we all can win the red title under our names

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
gbs would have its nba thread shut down 10 pages in over racism and teen witch would somehow probe all the non racist posts

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
I look at all the early games tonight and I think they might be interesting then I remember that everyone got traded or is hurt

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

kingcobweb posted:

proposal: move the 76ers to seattle

pros: both philly and seattle residents would be way happier

cons: can't think of any

give us the jazz, the mormons dont deserve a team

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

give us the jazz, the mormons dont deserve a team

i don't want us to take away another city's only real sports team :(

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Pohl posted:

people just really hate CSPAM

well yeah you post here

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

i don't want us to take away another city's only real sports team :(

at least make them pick a new name, utah jazz is a sick joke

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

He got the cuboid syndrome. Melo ball got it too

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

He should really push himself to come back. If he can play 40 minutes a game, they should be able to secure a 9 or 10 seed and if they really play their cards right maybe even win a game on their way to losing a first round series.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Azathoth posted:

He should really push himself to come back. If he can play 40 minutes a game, they should be able to secure a 9 or 10 seed and if they really play their cards right maybe even win a game on their way to losing a first round series.

ESPN talking heads were picking them to beat the nuggets lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if healthy that would def be a series

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

ESPN talking heads were picking them to beat the nuggets lmao

Anthony Davis, who has only played more than 60 games in a season once since 17-18, said in the preseason that he "feels really good this year" so projecting him for 75-80 games and league mvp is an absolute no brainer.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I love preseason because everyone collectively forgets that old guys get injured but somehow remember how good they looked for like 30 games last year and then make some just loving insane predictions that can only happen if there is a literal miracle worker on the training staff.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

fart simpson posted:

well yeah you post here

:hmmyes:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Azathoth posted:

Anthony Davis, who has only played more than 60 games in a season once since 17-18, said in the preseason that he "feels really good this year" so projecting him for 75-80 games and league mvp is an absolute no brainer.

this was recently lmao

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

The Nuggets, somehow the healthiest team with the best player this year, will win the West if not the title this year

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I cannot believe my Kings are 11 games over .500 with 21 games left

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

I almost turned this warriors game off, lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

I love preseason because everyone collectively forgets that old guys get injured but somehow remember how good they looked for like 30 games last year and then make some just loving insane predictions that can only happen if there is a literal miracle worker on the training staff.

OPJ on the Warriors last year convinced me that they actually do have some sort of miracle worker on staff. They don't win that title without him miraculously staying healthy, either.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

well that game was something, I don't even know what I just watched

I feel bad for lillard

Pohl fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 1, 2023

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pohl posted:

I feel bad for lillard

Dame is going to have to get out of there if he wants to have a real shot. But also I really don't want to see him on the Lakers or something in three years, that would be hosed up.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

it’s hard for me to negate Jokic’s case for MVP, but he didn’t deserve the bubble award and I don’t think he deserved the award last year, so I’m going to poo poo on him until I can’t anymore.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CSPAM NBA thread exists because reactionary Sixers posting was making all of the reactionary Lakers, Bulls, Suns, Thunder, and Nets posting in the twitter embed thread hard to read.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

a new study bible! posted:

CSPAM NBA thread exists because reactionary Sixers posting was making all of the reactionary Lakers, Bulls, Suns, Thunder, and Nets posting in the twitter embed thread hard to read.

no this thread exists because euph wants ot have sex with jokic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it was my meltdown over the mvp race two years ago that lead to my banishment yes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

it’s hard for me to negate Jokic’s case for MVP, but he didn’t deserve the bubble award and I don’t think he deserved the award last year, so I’m going to poo poo on him until I can’t anymore.

he didn’t get a bubble award

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Milwaukee is finally in the 1 seed spot for the first time since December and this is the last year before their window slams shut lol.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kingcobweb posted:

he didn’t get a bubble award

no but he won during the bubble season. only LeMickey 🤣 has a bubble ring.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

no but he won during the bubble season. only LeMickey 🤣 has a bubble ring.

he didn't win mvp during the bubble season. he won mvp in 2021 and 2022. bubble season was 2020. what is up with sixers posters and Time

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Pohl posted:

I feel bad for lillard

blazers have blown the most double digit leads in the league apparently, which wouldn't surprise me at all. it's to the point where going up big before the 4th actually makes me nervous

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

kingcobweb posted:

he didn't win mvp during the bubble season. he won mvp in 2021 and 2022. bubble season was 2020. what is up with sixers posters and Time

idk the season started like a month after the bubble ended. it’s all a blur.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

we're still in the bubble. it's like infrastructure week but for basketball

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
i kinda miss the bubble. it was like concentrated basketball, brought to its essence.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i know that viewership has been declining for a while now but were there any noticeable drops during the bubble?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yossarian-22 posted:

I cannot believe my Kings are 11 games over .500 with 21 games left

I wish there were somehow a way for the Kings to play the Knicks in the 2nd round or something.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I wish there were somehow a way for the Kings to play the Knicks in the 2nd round or something.

not the 2nd round but there is a way for the kings to play the knicks in the playoffs

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Pohl posted:

I feel bad for lillard

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

the grand plan comes together, make the team bad enough the blazers may not be trying to tank but it happens anyway. welcome to pdx wemby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i know that viewership has been declining for a while now but were there any noticeable drops during the bubble?

There were like no sports for what seemed like forever if anything I'd expect bubble viewership to be higher than average