Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bombadilillo posted:

contract money and no work? Well jokes on her I guess.

Yeah this is like the ideal scenario for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
For 69 million dollars I will say whatever lovely racist thing you want because I'm pretty sure that I'll never have to work again at that point. I'm definitely in the wrong line of work

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Stexils posted:

she made 69

Nice

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bring back old gbs posted:

lmao poo poo i heard it was $20 mil

$23m per year for 3 years.

The whole thing was a debacle from start to finish, they blocked off the middle hour of the Today show for her, moved Al Roker and fired Tamron Hall (who had that hour before, and didn't make near as much as Kelly), she got terrible ratings, got into fights with guests, did so poorly it started hurting Hoda and Kathy Lee's Day Drunk hour and pissed off basically the whole staff of the show. So, while the blackface thing is certainly something she should be fired for, if she was killing it in the demo she'd still have her slot. This was a convenient excuse to cut her loose.

zoux has a new favorite as of 18:19 on Oct 25, 2018

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fair point, but I'll stand by my comments.

By the time she left Fox News, she already had made "never need to work again" money. This was her star turn, where she'd step out of the partisan celebrity bubble and go true mainstream, become the next Kathie Lee or Kelly or whoever.

At that, she absolutely crashed and burned.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Azathoth posted:

Fair point, but I'll stand by my comments.

By the time she left Fox News, she already had made "never need to work again" money. This was her star turn, where she'd step out of the partisan celebrity bubble and go true mainstream, become the next Kathie Lee or Kelly or whoever.

At that, she absolutely crashed and burned.

Ok. Sure
Crashed like scrooge mcduck crashes into that moneybin

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

gently caress that person for not helping squirrel balls.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bombadilillo posted:

Ok. Sure

I understand where you’re coming from, but the problem is that you’re thinking about this like a normal person. Sure if it was you or I, we’d be laughing all the way to the bank. People like this, though? They legitimately do care.

Look at John Schnatter. He got let go for saying the N-word, but big deal. He’s still filthy rich, right? Nope, he’s going loving apeshit over it. He has gently caress you money, but for some reason it’s so SO much more important to him that his face be on all the boxes of his lovely pizza. I see no reason to believe Megyn Kelly is any different.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

Ok. Sure

yes, our society is unfair and heaps rewards on wealthy people

past a certain point of money though it's just a way to keep score and she's been kicked out of the game, she's been banished permanently to the c-leagues. if you standard for rich people schad is to see them broken and ruined in the gutter then you'll never be satisfied

Ariong posted:

Look at John Schnatter. He got let go for saying the N-word, but big deal. He’s still filthy rich, right? Nope, he’s going loving apeshit over it. He has gently caress you money, but for some reason it’s so SO much more important to him that his face be on all the boxes of his lovely pizza. I see no reason to believe Megyn Kelly is any different.

exactly. once you have enough money to do whatever forever, the only thing you have left is social status and competing with other rich people. papa john has also been kicked out of the game and it infuriates him, all the time, to be humiliated like this. yes he is humiliated and fabulously rich, but he will remain fabulously rich so you have to take what you can get in terms of furious billionaires

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Baronjutter posted:

Agreed.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Baronjutter posted:

On the other hand; if he had helped and there was a video of him extracting the squirrel, would everyone now call him:

a) Mr Nice-To-Animals or
b) The Squirrel-Nuts-Fondler?

schmug
May 20, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

define help

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Kinda surprised there wasn't a morality clause the contract.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Kinda surprised there wasn't a morality clause the contract.

I'd wager that the execs knew that she was going to ruffle feathers, and likely encouraged it, like anyone who spent significant time at Fox probably would. So they kept a morality clause out because it would have stifled her or something, and no recourse but to swallow their stupid idea and the millions that go with it. They were probably waiting for her to do something that was against her contract, but the contract was so permissive that she was able to get lower and lower ratings until she said a really abhorrent thing that they couldn't overlook.

I don't really know or care though. I missed her blackface comment just like I miss 99 percent of what she or any other talking head say.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ariong posted:

I understand where you’re coming from, but the problem is that you’re thinking about this like a normal person. Sure if it was you or I, we’d be laughing all the way to the bank. People like this, though? They legitimately do care.

Yeah she'd trade every penny of that $69m to have a rep like Oprah or Walters

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Why would the network pay someone, anyone, that much money? There's a billion talking heads who could do the job just fine. Is a human whose job it is to just say poo poo on tv really worth that much? Sounds supremely bad with business but what do I know

The shad, as loving usual, is on those of us who have to generate value to get paid a liveable wage

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

spog posted:

On the other hand; if he had helped and there was a video of him extracting the squirrel, would everyone now call him:

a) Mr Nice-To-Animals or

"That dude who got bit by a fuckin squirrel".

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KingSlime posted:

Why would the network pay someone, anyone, that much money? There's a billion talking heads who could do the job just fine. Is a human whose job it is to just say poo poo on tv really worth that much? Sounds supremely bad with business but what do I know

The shad, as loving usual, is on those of us who have to generate value to get paid a liveable wage

because they are idiots

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

spog posted:

a) Mr Nice-To-Animals or

The Squirrel Nut Fondlers were my favorite fusion jazz band

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Andrast posted:

because they are idiots

I imagine they looked at the possible outcome of bringing chuds into their audience, and it didn't work because it's all fake news. Of course now that she's out the chuds will scream about silencing conservative voices and/or free speech.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Andrast posted:

because they are idiots

this really cant be overstated

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How do you even help the squirrel without getting bit?

schmug
May 20, 2007

ilmucche posted:

gotta cup the balls, dude. always cup the balls

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KingSlime posted:

A lot of outlets were courting her so she got to write her own ticket.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

people who hire expensive pundits manage the impossible feat of being even dumber than pundits

imagine being the guy at the nyt who writes a six figure check to thomas friedman

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

schmug posted:

gotta cup the balls, dude. always cup the balls

Uhh I'm not worried about my balls getting bit though :confused:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I think Lowtax just got a solution to his cash flow problem:
Some facebook group charges $20 a month to be a moderator, drama ensues.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

zoux posted:

$23m per year for 3 years.

The whole thing was a debacle from start to finish, they blocked off the middle hour of the Today show for her, moved Al Roker and fired Tamron Hall (who had that hour before, and didn't make near as much as Kelly), she got terrible ratings, got into fights with guests, did so poorly it started hurting Hoda and Kathy Lee's Day Drunk hour and pissed off basically the whole staff of the show. So, while the blackface thing is certainly something she should be fired for, if she was killing it in the demo she'd still have her slot. This was a convenient excuse to cut her loose.

dont forget she interviewed did a fluff piece on alex jones

repeating
Nov 14, 2005
Bernadette Sanders is angry because someone was slightly speeding when she crossed the street with her dog.
https://nypost.com/video/fk-you-both-woman-flips-out-over-a-25-mph-speed-limit/

Came for the "gently caress both of you", stayed for the terrible mocking "AHAHAHAHAHA" laugh

E: oh jesus christ now i have to buy an avatar

repeating has a new favorite as of 19:36 on Oct 25, 2018

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

ilmucche posted:

Break the wood?

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

ilmucche posted:

This administration sometimes

holttho
May 21, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I think Lowtax just got a solution to his cash flow problem:
Some facebook group charges $20 a month to be a moderator, drama ensues.

"I don't want to take this to court" :laffo:

For $60...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ilmucche posted:

grab it by the scruff of its neck when its trying to get at its nuts, then carefully move it sideways while moving the nuts as well

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
If 69 million is the price tag to publicly humiliate one of the most public and successful chuds ever then good on NBC for paying it.

Remember, folks, she ain't one of the poor. Money doesn't mean poo poo to her.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
So, wait, those guys pay some Facebook group owner to ... moderate a Facebook group? :psyduck:

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

some guy apparently makes 240 dollars a month from people paying to mod his facebook group. what a world.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

suuma posted:

So, wait, those guys pay some Facebook group owner to ... moderate a Facebook group? :psyduck:

You learn job skills and it's great exposure.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

You learn job skills and it's great exposure.

Yeah someone got a 40k a year job moderating a video game forum! That totally happened and they get paid that much for real, you guys.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

suuma posted:

yeah with enough experience you can mod a web forum for 40k

way better returns than paying for college

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

suuma posted:

They're paying to get experience they can use to CONFIDENTLY walk into a job interview and negotiate how much they will pay the employer, per month, to let them work there.