Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Mount Gay - Black Barrel is pretty good. Mom just brought me a bottle from Barbados.

I went to that distillery tour and did the same. OMFG it smells so good inside that place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

Adiabatic posted:

I would absolutely be down for that, and I'm sure the missus would too!

You could drag me through hell if it meant I could hold your hand.

But yes, I'm also up to get Down's

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Going to use the WJ for towing duty or do you have a more dedicated rig?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
The Sneep is currently making very interesting noises from the gearbox and tcase, so we'll probably use my parent's 6L hybrid Sierra for the first few launches. It's also what we used to haul Dolphinitely from Tappahannock back to RVA.

We'll rebuild the tcase on the Sneep and use it, and once I at least get the Dana 44 into Camacho we can use it too.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

MrsAdiabatic posted:

You could drag me through hell if it meant I could hold your hand.

But yes, I'm also up to get Down's

You two are the cutest thing on the internet.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Cakefool posted:

You two are the cutest thing on the internet.

Have you not seen pictures of felines on the internet? I would also suggest pictures of my kids, but I might be a bit biased on that one....

I also agree with the overall sentiment that this is f-ing awesome.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

These quick disconnect pins got here last night:

Old standing rigging pin on the right for reference.

The spring is about half the length of the amazon picture, so it doesn't engage when on the standing rigging. I'm out to look for another spring this afternoon!

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Adiabatic posted:

These quick disconnect pins got here last night:

Old standing rigging pin on the right for reference.

The spring is about half the length of the amazon picture, so it doesn't engage when on the standing rigging. I'm out to look for another spring this afternoon!

Make sure you get 316SS Springs. 304 won't really cut it unless you like rust stains.

If you can't find one, I'll bet McMaster has them for $2 or less. If not them (McMaster doesn't have much in 316), try Lee Spring.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

The springs are pretty nuanced. They're conical, 3/8" long, probably 9/32" ID on the small end since they're a decent but not scraping fit on the 1/4" shaft. 5/16" OD on the small end, 3/8" OD on the big end. I'd like to have the same dimension and spring rate on a 3/4" long spring.

Alternatively, I could get a regular non-conical spring 3/8" long and put it behind the small end of the existing springs. I believe that will be easier unless I get really lucky and find some sort of specialty conical spring manufacturer.

Edit: Just checked grainger and they have 3/4" long conical springs, but the small OD starts at 9/16".

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 16, 2016

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
You're a brave man, I wouldn't sail a quarter of what I do if I had to step a mast every time I wanted to go booze cruise.
e: most of our auxiliaries have wet slips and for those that are dry sailed, we ran the power lines underground in the club so you never have to take a mast down to do maintenance. Its wonderful.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

That does sound wonderful, though honestly we can step it in 10 minutes now. Adding the boom and getting the mainsail ready adds another 10 minutes but we haven't practiced that much.

We're still on for first sail the weekend of the 23rd, but we also have a party the night of the 23rd and the house needs to get in better shape for that.

The missus created a spreadsheet for the house and another for the boat/cars and WOW we have a shitload to do.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
[quote="toplitzin" post="464188854z
Also Legitimate Boat Rum:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pusser%27s
[/quote]

I have this on hand, only because I can't get Lambs Navy Rum.
But the Pussers is good stuff. I also have the admiral's reserve version of it.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

That does sound wonderful, though honestly we can step it in 10 minutes now. Adding the boom and getting the mainsail ready adds another 10 minutes but we haven't practiced that much.

We're still on for first sail the weekend of the 23rd, but we also have a party the night of the 23rd and the house needs to get in better shape for that.

The missus created a spreadsheet for the house and another for the boat/cars and WOW we have a shitload to do.

A/C filters? A/C filters! (Oh my god!) :v:

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 16, 2016

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
You live in opulence, having AC, and a boat that isn't a glorified above ground pool/squirrel soup pot.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Hey Adiabatic, I'm commissioning a thing that was inspired by the Gorester. You want any? I figure it's only fair.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Dolphinitely

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Rates Vary, Currency is Rum: Must Show Boobs to Board

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

So which one of you is captain stabbin?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Got a nifty 6hp motor:

Dang ol' things been completely refurbished. All the seals and fluids are new!

We also scrubbed the entire boat. Well, mostly. We still have a bit of the interior left and we need to figure out a good solution for the barnacles on the rudder and keel.

In other news:

Primed and ready to rock some red:

Badger helped too:

Got the wheel bearings done (again) on the MR2 as well:

Used cheapos and one of them pretty well grenaded on me. That'll learn me good.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

:byewhore:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Timg with full sized images pretty much crashes both of my devices. Timg still puts the full image in memory.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Neat trick: put "h" right before .jpg on imgur files like so:

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
or buy non poo poo devices.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm sorry the phones I like can't handle 50 posts with 20 timg tags each. Proper image resizing works fine...

Also, I hope Camacho's staying :ohdear:

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
I wasn't aware that people were browsing the forums with flip phones.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
A 2016 Kindle fire 7 (cyanogenmod'd that bitch) and an admittedly old lg g3. Seriously though just put h at the end of the filename and post full-size. It's 4 to 8 times less memory than the full-size images, and awful.apk doesn't freak out.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Camacho is totally staying and I'm making moves for 4wd manual

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

First coat's on the faces:

The frame and insides will be a light grey eventually, but we have a party on Saturday and are trying to get them nice for that.

Garage door opener next, and ten of these

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Sep 22, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Baller.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Studly.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Super buff.

Hahaha I just saw the plate on the bike

Astonishing Wang fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 22, 2016

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I like the white between each section. It really makes the whole thing pop.

What kind of paint are you using?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

meatpimp posted:

I like the white between each section. It really makes the whole thing pop.

What kind of paint are you using?

Thanks! The white is just primer, but the light gray going over it should still have the same effect hopefully.

Uhhhhhh whatever the primo paint at Lowes was. Sherwin-Williams, maybe? I'll get the info when I get home tonight.

e: From a grainy closeup of the paint cans in the last picture, it looks like Behr Premium-Plus Ultra.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Sep 22, 2016

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Oh my god my dark secret is out. My vanity plate is revealed.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

and accurate :heysexy:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Well, I mean someone has to wear the pants in that relationship...if it's the Mrs. I won't object.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

and accurate :heysexy:

Noooo poo poo.

th vwls hv scpd
Jul 12, 2006

Developing Smarter Mechanics.
Since 1989.
https://www.amazon.com/Feit-917972-Electric-Utility-Light/dp/B00LFAY5SM

I picked up a few of those from Costco. I think they're marked down to about $25/each at the local store right now.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

th vwls hv scpd posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Feit-917972-Electric-Utility-Light/dp/B00LFAY5SM

I picked up a few of those from Costco. I think they're marked down to about $25/each at the local store right now.

Was gonna post this. They also have packs of just the LED bulbs for flourescent ballasts. Those LED bulbs are integrated and not replaceable. Not that it matters...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Geirskogul posted:

A 2016 Kindle fire 7 (cyanogenmod'd that bitch) and an admittedly old lg g3. Seriously though just put h at the end of the filename and post full-size. It's 4 to 8 times less memory than the full-size images, and awful.apk doesn't freak out.

Nexus 6P here, though it's on stock Android 7 (rooted, but otherwise stock). It still chokes on threads that are heavy on the timg. Same with my work phone, which is a bit older (2014 Moto X).

The 6P isn't top of the line anymore, but it's still pretty high end compared to a lot of mainstream phones.