Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

tithin posted:

More appropriate to say Mizu's a few years from going full Jesse.

Mizu can't float and chuck poo poo at her enemies

yet.

I was thinking attitude wise but yes the point is they're converging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

the Orb of Zot posted:

Remember when the biggest problem facing X was that our secret unknown informant had been killed off by our AI secretary (which we had confirmation had plans to murder X and also backstab the company? Aka a week ago in game time?

I mean I still consider X's biggest problem to be that Angela killed B. Everything that's happened since isn't really a problem, just an unsettling realization like that the sephirot are boxbots or that they are casually murdered whenever they break down or that X is probably actually A who's been memory wiped. Having a not-so-secret traitor seems like it remains top of the problem list, especially since it appears that X can, if they want, just ignore core overloads and continue anyway.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Malkuth's hijacking the entire facility in a total breakdown wasn't a problem?

I know it's not going to happen because after that catastrophe they're going to turn her into scrap metal and then destroy the template to ensure this never happens again, but I still somehow want Malkuth to end up okay. :ohdear:

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 11, 2020

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Perhaps the entire next chapter will be all the Agents giving Bishop and Malkuth relationship advice. With Just Mizu running around checking on all the Cuties all by herself.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

the Orb of Zot posted:

Malkuth's hijacking the entire facility in a total breakdown wasn't a problem?

Like I said, apparently X could have legit just ignored it and things would have continued as normal. That's probably because gameplay and they want these "boss fights" to be optional rather than forced, but yeah. The possibility of Angela deciding "No, it's time to kill/reset/replace X" however isn't something X can ignore.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Angela said that we can ignore Malkuth's meltdown, and she can substitute 100% for Malkuth.
Presumably, she can do so for the other Sephirah as well.
All of them.

Angela can run the entire facility by herself with no appreciable strain.

Assuming this isn't an element where story and gameplay are separate, it begs the question: Why do the other Sephirah exist, if Angela is perfect enough to run the whole place? It suggests running things is more like a beneficial side effects of keeping these minds around.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Lunar Suite posted:

Angela said that we can ignore Malkuth's meltdown, and she can substitute 100% for Malkuth.
Presumably, she can do so for the other Sephirah as well.
All of them.

Angela can run the entire facility by herself with no appreciable strain.

Assuming this isn't an element where story and gameplay are separate, it begs the question: Why do the other Sephirah exist, if Angela is perfect enough to run the whole place? It suggests running things is more like a beneficial side effects of keeping these minds around.

The Sephirah are actualy the seals that are binding Angela to this place.

Is bishop still there with x?
X needs to ask him if the dead body is still around and if it looks exactly like x.
X also needs to find a mirror, smile and ask himself if hes a regular manager or a superstar manager.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

The Sephirah are actualy the seals that are binding Angela to this place.

You joke, but I could believe it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Angela is actually the seal keeping the sephirah in place

Best not to mess with stuff and just keep the energy flowing, manager :ohdear:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Day 26: Story

Music: Romantic

I’m really, really glad to join this team! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is ------! I’ll try my best to be helpful to the team! Oh, I was writing a report. Where’d it get off to?

Nothing could be achieved through passion alone. It was obvious what mistakes impatience could cause, so we needed to take our time. The situation wasn’t bright enough for me to remember everyone’s name or personally respond to meaningless gestures.

Music: Strange Dream

This choice doesn't matter.

I think you confuse us for humans from time to time. I feel like I had a real dream for the first time in a while. The other Sephirot told me that I damaged the facility a lot.

That feeling of sailing the ocean without a map or any kind of guidance. The feeling of groping blindly through a vast darkness. It feels like I’m an island on that vast ocean.

I work in the Control Team.

I’m sure you know how it feels, manager. Everything starts tumbling down on top of you when you start thinking you might not be able to handle it.

Don’t look away from them, saying that there’s nothing you can do for them. Don’t just be sorry for the dying sacrifices. Don’t blame yourself, thinking that you could have done better. Only after you can confront those moments as they are… Will you be able to see other things.

To be honest, I wasn’t sure you would make it.

We can’t change the past, I know. I don’t expect you to be a shining beacon or a lighthouse in the vast ocean, or that this place will suddenly become all peaceful and warm. But… Maybe we can just try and wait, right?

*Static*

....Like we are now.

And finally, the Generation of the Seed of Light ticks up from 0% to 10%. Hooray?

In summary: Malkuth seems much more lucid now, and asks us to not turn away from our responsibilities over the lives of our employees. All of this hoopla causes our Seed of Light to grow from 0 to 10%, presumably this is the 'seed that breaks the cycle' that Angela mentioned yesterday. The perception filter over Malkuth stops, letting us see her true form from now on.

So… you don't remember anything?

Like I said, it was like a dream. I feel much better now, though. I should be able to resume my duties.

Perfectly, right?

Things may not go as we expect… but I'm sure that it'll work out fine.

Huh… Alright. Let me know if you start feeling like a couple days ago, okay?

Will do, sir!

Well heck. Whatever I did, it fixed her.

Music: Dear Lorenne

I attempted to tell you that it was reckless, however, it wasn’t such a big loss on our end. I realized that a large quantity of energy was refined during the process of restoring that Sephirah. If you wish to know why such an occurrence passed, well, the day will come when you find out.

In summary: We didn't deal as much damage as Angela thought we would, and she says someday we'll find out why something like this occurred. There's also some text left in the script that doesn't show up here, so I'll put it below.

Cut content posted:

Meanwhile, the other Sephirot were deactivated, or rather, put into hibernation.

Even though there was a significant surge of power, it wasn’t quite sufficient to keep all of them running, so I let them rest for a little.

I guess this is supposed to explain why the other Sephirot don't talk to us during the meltdowns, but I couldn't find it mentioned anywhere else so this could have been changed or just deemed unimportant.

So… doing that was profitable?

Yes. All told, we managed to create several thousand times more energy than we have on any of your previous days. Even after the repairs are accounted for, this was a startling success.

Sounds pretty good. And Malkuth?

She has hit all required benchmarks to resume regular function, so it is not necessary to replace her at this time.

Geez… So they go crazy and change into that, and we still don't replace them? Is this part of that 'play' thing, too?

The day will come when you will find that out, as well.

That again? Can't you give me anything more to go on?

Hmm...

Music: Romantic Memories

I can remember everything.

That belief was hope, a light full of aspiration. Proof that the world was not yet wholly beyond saving, a compass that guided people towards and along the path they should follow. A destiny placed upon them, meant to be carried since the beginning of time. A noble instinct forgotten by most people.

The same person also told us that we are all losing something, and that we don’t even know what it is we are losing.

Not a single soul believed that story at first. Everyone was able to walk, see, hear, and speak. All disease had long since been conquered. Eventually, more and more people joined alongside the strong belief held by that person.

Although, it took a lot of time to conclude that the shell must be broken… Once the decision had been made, all seemed well.

In summary: Angela gives us a quick history lesson, about a figure who was sure that the world was leading to its own destruction. Given that one of the shadowy figures up there is clearly Malkuth, she's probably talking about the history of Lobotomy Corporation itself.

Just like days 11-20, we have a choice of where to open now between two departments: Welfare and Disciplinary.

Disciplinary is headed by Gebura, who is awesome. For players who are new to the game, I very strongly recommend heading to Disciplinary first, since there are a number of very useful researches there that let us use Execution bullets to remove clerks as an issue and call in special help to save us from emergency situations. We basically can't go wrong with Gebura.

Chesed's research is all related to the Healing bullets-which are less effective than Shield bullets-and one of his researches is bugged out so that it does nothing at all without a mod to fix it. It's not ideal, but to be fair he carries a mug at all times so our choice is obvious.

I suppose I'll get right to work, then~

Yeah, you won't be introducing yourself properly until tomorrow, right?

How observant. I can see you've done this a few times before.

Pattern recognition is one of my strong suits, I guess.

How nice for you. I'm going to put some coffee on and get right to setting things up. See you in a few hours~

Next time, on Lobotomy Corporation: Shrooms and also tripping.

Bonus

Elijah sprite

Malkuth robot sprite

Hey guys, how are you doing?

Bishop! You're back! Did you fix everything?

Naturally. How's Malkuth?

She got back before you, ready to go like usual.

Since we're all finally back here, let's give it our all like always.

Right. Fall in, everyone.

Yes sir, captain!

Actually…

What?

I'm showing all three of you were out of the department yesterday? According to company policy, your seniority's all been removed. It'll be seven days before Bishop's 'captain' again.

Boss that is a load of horsepiss.

Sorry. I don't make the rules. :shrug:

Well… it doesn't matter much.

We know who the captain is either way, right?

...You guys… :rolleyes:

I guess I can allow that. Control Team…

Move out!

YEAH!

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 3, 2021

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm probably overreading things, but this line

This line is very telling and is fitting into my overall theory of what's going on here.

We're in a time loop and Angela and the Sephirot are the only one capable of stopping it. Angela's trying to guide us in a direction so that we're all set for whatever's coming for us, and we've failed many many times before, to the point where Angela has no confidence in us handling Malkuth.

I'm guessing we've tried to intervene with Malkuth many times before and failed most, but not all times. Us bringing lucidity back to Malkuth isn't the first time we've been succesful, but it does surprise Angela so it makes me think that it's the first time in a while that we've been succesful.

It'll be interesting to see how the story pans out and if I'm right or wrong here.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
:unsmith: So the core suppressions are like fighting your Shadow and awakening your Persona? Hopefully, the other core suppression are like this

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.

Lakbay posted:

:unsmith: So the core suppressions are like fighting your Shadow and awakening your Persona? Hopefully, the other core suppression are like this

Knowing LobCorp, they'd immediately try to extract the Persona and have it run in a hamster wheel.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Lakbay posted:

You've become friends with Malkuth. Malkuth will now die for you.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
One's got them thighs, the other's named Cheesehead. The dev team showing clear aptitude in organically guiding new players towards the more helpful choice without having to spell it out.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Yay Malkuth! :unsmith:

Box Malkuth is kind of cute in her own way—I really like that she still has the headband. Although it does kind of put a new light on the early scenes of employees begging her to let them quit without dying. You’ve gotta he pretty desperate to throw yourself at the mercy of The Walking Box That Orders People’s Deaths.

yamiaainferno
Jun 30, 2013

TeeQue posted:

:swoon: Holy poo poo I'm immediately in love (god I'm so goddamn gay). If my character happens to come up please, please put me in Disciplinary. I want Gebura to step on me.

yamiaainferno fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 11, 2020

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Gebura looks like a female ID and opening the punishment department looks very welcome as abnormalities get uppity every day, especially that annoying bird.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 11, 2020

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

I am incredibly relieved that we get to keep Malkuth around. Give that box a hug, she deserves it.
I am incredibly worried by the implication that every single Sephirah is going to snap like she did.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I am really glad things worked out for the stressed boxbot. I like the Sephirah.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Are we sure Chesed's mug is actually a mug and not a piece of paper cut out in the shape of a mug?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Chesed's mug is clearly a tool abnormality. It stores liquid despite lacking the third dimension.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

yamiaainferno posted:

:swoon: Holy poo poo I'm immediately in love (god I'm so goddamn gay). If my character happens to come up please, please put me in Disciplinary. I want Genbura to step on me.

:hmmyes: You. You get it.

Also gonna be the contrarian here and say I'm not a fan of Malkuth getting permanently box'd. If that happens to all the Sephirah then that's motivation enough to never do core suppression ever again.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

X also needs to find a mirror, smile and ask himself if hes a regular manager or a superstar manager.
Huh, I guess replacing with actually makes the LP better. I guess that's why Angela and the Sephirah are constantly making GBS threads on him.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

eternaldough posted:

Are we sure Chesed's mug is actually a mug and not a piece of paper cut out in the shape of a mug?

The boxbots are able to shoot up Enkephalin or get high from it somehow. If they can do that, why can't they drink official Lobotomy Corporation department coffee?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

That is A+. Man this gem really is a gem.

golden bubble posted:

The boxbots are able to shoot up Enkephalin or get high from it somehow. If they can do that, why can't they drink official Lobotomy Corporation department coffee?

Tbf Enkephalin is literally positive mental energy or whatever made manifest so it stands to reason anything that can think or reason could make use of it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

TeeQueue posted:

Disciplinary is headed by Gebura, who is awesome.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I know I'm super late but if you somehow end up getting to the end of the list feel free to throw my name into the blender.

Also I've been following this thread like the lurky lurker I am and wow this game is a wild ride huh.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

serefin99 posted:

:hmmyes: You. You get it.

Also gonna be the contrarian here and say I'm not a fan of Malkuth getting permanently box'd. If that happens to all the Sephirah then that's motivation enough to never do core suppression ever again.

It’s okay! There’s a mod to fix that, too.

We will not be using it.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I really really hope Gebura's true form has a cigarette poking out of a vent slit.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

TeeQueue posted:

It’s okay! There’s a mod to fix that, too.

We will not be using it.

Good. Malkuth’s trusting us so much the cognition filter now just goes to “box” automatically, no way should that be taken from her.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

PetraCore posted:

I really really hope Gebura's true form has a cigarette poking out of a vent slit.

I was just about to post the exact same thing. Beaten like an agent that went cuckoo.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

PetraCore posted:

It would likely be an e-cig.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hello best two Sephirah. It is a real shame we won't be seeing Gebura for a while, because she really is the best girl.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

PetraCore posted:

I hope she keeps the bodysuit.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

quote:

Welfare Department

Is that the one that sends compensation to relatives of deceased clercs? Does Chesed get drunk with Netzach every day, since this faciliy have neither safety nor welfare?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Welfare sends agents a small cupcake with a candle on it on the day they were hired each year.

This has never actually happened.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Welfare sends agents a small cupcake with a candle on it on the day they were hired each year.

This has never actually happened.

I believe in Mizu

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
They're here!! The coolest kids :dance:

I would accept a cup of coffee from this man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Oh, pssh, Welfare isn't for the employees, it's for the anomalies. Their researches are for healing bullets because if the agents can't suppress the anomalies the site probably gets nuked and that would definitely not help the anomalies' welfare any. Fortunately the site does a good job taking care of anomalies usually, so that's why he's so relaxed with a cuppa joe.