Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
@katerussell It's about ethics in journalism. Right? #GamerGate

quote:

Ten days ago, Kate Russell crashed my feed asking who I was.
Anyway, last night it came to my attention that she may have been motivated to make this video (which most people think casts her in a poor light btw, and is conduct unbecoming) as an "attack" piece due to her trying to get or working on a Star Citizen book deal.
So while Kate is well within her rights to do and say as she pleases, as a BBC-UK tech reporter, it appears to me that, regardless of what she does in her own time, there has to be a line between morality and personal gain. And when it comes to ethics in journalism, that line doesn't get blurred when you're no longer on the clock. Other journos have got into trouble for less; even when they weren't on the clock.

He's getting distracted again, focus Derek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

It's all fun and games until you realize you don't have control over your own money. This will be right around the time your bank starts enforcing 'belt-tightening' policies which limit the amount of "your" money you can access each day to $60-$100.

TL; DR Buy Bitcoin.

:gas:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

It's all fun and games until you realize you don't have control over your own money. This will be right around the time your bank starts enforcing 'belt-tightening' policies which limit the amount of "your" money you can access each day to $60-$100.

TL; DR Buy Bitcoin.

Hey Serph, I like nice new account.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

TL; DR Buy Bitcoin.

:frogout:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

TL; DR Buy Bitcoin.

Welcome back.

Seraph84 hosed around with some poor unsuspecting minor at Oct 15, 2015 around 08:03

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Thronde posted:

Just got off the phone, my bank is so small they don't even know what their charge back policy is. So the teller is calling to find out deets. Nice to have the bank president in my hometown where I can just walk into his office and lay this all down. So once I get a yay/nay on the CB, I'll move forward accordingly. I also held no punches and the reason for the chargeback going to Visa is "Likely a Ponzi scheme, failure to deliver product."

Yeah, you really shouldn't. I am sure banks and credit card companies will have more sympathy if you explain it to them this way, that you were promised a product by now that has consistently missed every deadline and looks nowhere near completed.

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

TL; DR Buy Bitcoin.

The last time that happened was during The Great Depression.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66F2-af-0dU

It never gets old.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

TL; DR Buy Bitcoin.

:frogleave:

Dr. Bitcorn
Oct 14, 2015

by Lowtax

AP posted:

Hey Serph, I like nice new account.
I am bitter and disgruntled ex-CIG employee Travis Night, evil twin brother to Travis Day. I may be evil, but at least I didn't cook up a lovely half finished flight model and then abandon the project at the first sniff of BlizzGold.

Dapper Dan posted:

Yeah, you really shouldn't. I am sure banks and credit card companies will have more sympathy if you explain it to them this way, that you were promised a product by now that has consistently missed every deadline and looks nowhere near completed.
Crying and begging for your money on hands and knees may also prove fruitful.

Dapper Dan posted:

The last time that happened was during The Great Depression.
Nobody tell him this is the worst economy since the great depression and will continue getting worse until the end of capitalism.

Dr. Bitcorn fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 15, 2015

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Also not mine.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

I don't think I have a buggy, is that something you have to buy?

Welcome to star citizen, you are clearly new here.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

MrDorf posted:

Holy poo poo, the Battletech Kickstarter is now offering the old school tabletop game sourcebooks in PDF form as backer bonuses. That's loving amazing, and literally better than anything SC has ever offered.

I want these pdfs.

AP posted:

90 million dollars

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

I am bitter and disgruntled ex-CIG employee Travis Night, evil twin brother to Travis Day. I may be evil, but at least I didn't cook up a lovely half finished flight model and then abandon the project at the first sniff of BlizzGold.

I identify as a bitter past-expiration buffered 325mg hard capsule of asprin. My pronouns are "ew" and "oh God, I think I am having a heart attack, call 911 and where's the asprin?"

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Is the buggy equipped with a jump drive?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Jump drive sold seperately for $5:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

To be fair if they had posted that on the original kickstarter I woulda pledged.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Guys I think the game is going to come out and it's also going to be pretty bad so everyone will be disappointed but still talk poo poo to the other side

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

wyoak posted:

Guys I think the game is going to come out and it's also going to be pretty bad so everyone will be disappointed but still talk poo poo to the other side

This is the likeliest outcome. CIG will draw a line in the sand sometime late next summer with whatever they have ready as Episode One, fix bugs that aren't due to poor architecture choices into the fall, and release it before the holidays. The experience will be poor in comparison to what people wanted, but better than Steam Greenlight games that people will find to compare it to to justify it being "a good game!" Somehow, feature incompleteness and poor performance will be waved off as the SQ42 campaign being complete, but hey the engine is in beta, give them a break they're still working on the PU.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

TL; DR Buy Bitcoin.

Couldn't even keep the cover up for 1 whole day.

Dr. Bitcorn hosed around with this kid at Oct 15, 2015 around 10:10

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Seraph, the standard of posting has come down considerably while the capacity for this thread to deliver has skyrocketed. If you manage to gently caress up yet again (and I know you can goodpost, you've done it plenty of times before), there are no words.

Dr. Bitcorn
Oct 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Truga posted:

Jump drive sold seperately for $5:

Hey, real-fake videogame shitters are half off guize!

Looks like Portalarium is trying to one-up Crobert's referral program for most pathetic thing to ever happen on the internet.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wow $10 for a virtual poo poo shack

better deal than star citizen tho i guess

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Eonwe posted:

wow $10 for a virtual poo poo shack

better deal than star citizen tho i guess

And you can actually play the game too. Kinda.

Dr. Bitcorn
Oct 14, 2015

by Lowtax
Give your property a touch of clrear end, with this half-priced ten dollar copypasted digital asset constructed of faux wood, human feces, and the misery of Backers like You.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xaerael posted:

It's pretty obvious at this stage that CIG are breaking bad and SC is a car wash in Albuquerque.

Who is CIG's Jesse?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Hammerstein posted:

"Hey look, in our game you can stab someone in the eye with a rusty shiv, how awesome is that ?". Sorry I stopped finding stuff like that cool once I hit puberty.

The other game illfonic is working on is a star citizen clone that sells really pretty virtual houses in a medieval setting and has as a major selling point "obtain buffs by having gratuitous sex with other players and npcs, with better buffs from people with a high sex skill" and "unparalleled immersion such as pee and poop."

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Lots of the demos show people finding ships and salvaging them, and boarding is supposed to be a thing.

So wait, if I have ship insurance and my ship gets boarded and taken from me, do I get a new one? Does the person who ganked it off me get to keep it? Could I not then get a single top-tier capital ship with insurance, allow someone to take it off me, get my replacement, lather, rinse, repeat, and then team up with the people I've colluded with to steal my ship over and over again in a giant armada of hundreds of the biggest ship in the game?

Oh. That's right, it doesn't matter because it's never loving coming out.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

The other game illfonic is working on is a star citizen clone that sells really pretty virtual houses in a medieval setting and has as a major selling point "obtain buffs by having gratuitous sex with other players and npcs, with better buffs from people with a high sex skill" and "unparalleled immersion such as pee and poop."
Will you character get virtual claps? Do you have to visit a cleric to get it fixed?

Breetai posted:

So wait, if I have ship insurance and my ship gets boarded and taken from me, do I get a new one? Does the person who ganked it off me get to keep it? Could I not then get a single top-tier capital ship with insurance, allow someone to take it off me, get my replacement, lather, rinse, repeat, and then team up with the people I've colluded with to steal my ship over and over again in a giant armada of hundreds of the biggest ship in the game?
I wouldn't gently caress with the space insurance investigators.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

hakimashou posted:

Yeah, once I saw that my enthusiasm for the other game died down real quick. I think I'll stick with Vermintide for my L4D clone needs.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Breetai posted:

Lots of the demos show people finding ships and salvaging them, and boarding is supposed to be a thing.

Oh. That's right, it doesn't matter because it's never loving coming out.

You can, but you'll end up in Space Court.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Breetai posted:

Ask Konami. Selling insurance for fake videogame bullshit is kind of their deal lately.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Good times, those. But I remember there being also something done with Slavik by Peroxide_Cowboy, and goddamit I'm still beating myself up for not saving that picture.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 15, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

Hey, real-fake videogame shitters are half off guize!

Looks like Portalarium is trying to one-up Crobert's referral program for most pathetic thing to ever happen on the internet.
Oh look, a peasant simulator complete with exploitation mechanics. PC Gaming 2015 here people.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

The Kins posted:

Ask Konami. Selling insurance for fake videogame bullshit is kind of their deal lately.

At least on PC because Konami will never do anything about the cheaters there. I had to lol at people who thought they would actually do anything to MGS cheaters. This is a company that scrapped a PC port of all the MGS games when they could have made an asston of money. They don't give a gently caress about gaming and they doubly don't give a gently caress about PC users.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Who is CIG's Jesse?

Clearly Ben. Except it's hard to feel sympathy for him.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:quig:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Dr. Bitcorn posted:

Crying and begging for your money on hands and knees may also prove fruitful.

Nobody tell him this is the worst economy since the great depression and will continue getting worse until the end of capitalism.

I can see that high school education really does need some work. You're probably one of those edgy zeitgeist teenagers angry at working at Arby's and no secondary education, pissed off at the world because surely it's the system that is flawed, and has nothing to do with you being unable to control the urge to walk by a window and not run your tongue across it.

You can tell this is true because you are retarded enough to try and shill a cryptocurrency with absolutely no regulation which we've already seen peak and now fall through the floor, that no serious institution will use in any meaningful way. You fool yourself into thinking it's viable because some websites allow you to buy a coffee maker with bitcoins so surely the future is being embraced, except no one, literally no one in the real world takes you seriously because everyone with an actual education or a job that pays 5 figures or higher realizes how loving terrible a notion bitcoin is.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 15, 2015

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Dapper Dan posted:

At least on PC because Konami will never do anything about the cheaters there. I had to lol at people who thought they would actually do anything to MGS cheaters. This is a company that scrapped a PC port of all the MGS games when they could have made an asston of money. They don't give a gently caress about gaming and they doubly don't give a gently caress about PC users.

Just wait for MGO for PC comes out (which it probably won't). it will be a cheat fest.

Dr. Bitcorn
Oct 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Blazing Ownager posted:

Who is CIG's Jesse?
Jared AKA Disco Lando. Like :lesnick:, he has no ability to code. All style and no substance; adds nothing but a pretty face and some light humor.

Money well spent CIG, fucks sake I'd rather have you bought a few more coffee machines so your coders can stay awake through the 90 hour weeks you work them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Kimsemus posted:

I can see that high school education really does need some work. You're probably one of those edgy zeitgeist teenagers angry at working at Arby's and no secondary education, pissed off at the world because surely it's the system that is flawed, and has nothing to do with you being unable to control the urge to walk by a window and not run your tongue across it.

I doubt Seraph's mental illness can be attributed to high school education. Although I do admit, from what I hear of US schools and the state they're in nowadays that may very well be the case.

• Locked thread