Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MithosKuu
May 2, 2013

Captain Anthony La Forge
CFA was surprisingly entertaining and I can't wait for group two, but man I've been spoiled by the Dresden Files, I would not make a very good fairy at all : P

Is there a tabletalk for 65 or was that another victim of the curse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Also does anyone around here have a pic of Buford from the underwater episode? RIP Buford.

Ambisagrus
Jun 27, 2008

i am only a man

Fun fact: Bufo is the latin word for frog, so Buford is about as appropriate a name as Leonard would be for a lion dude. :eng101:

That's exactly why I used it! Man. I love Buford. I hope I get a chance to play him again.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Ambisagrus posted:

That's exactly why I used it! Man. I love Buford. I hope I get a chance to play him again.

Play Everyone is John, except Everyone is Buford.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Play Everyone is John, except Everyone is Buford.

Be nice to Buford.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
No actual gameplay in today's updates, but it's still good stuff, I promise!

:siren: Costume Fairy Adventures Chat: Pre-Written Adventures :siren:

That story in the back of your favorite RPG is good for more than just a glossary, even if you're an expert GM. Ironicus, Gnome, Ethel and guest Marah discuss the value of such prepackaged adventure as a teacher, a timesaving measure, a chance for communal experience, and a springboard for your campaigns.

:siren: Costume Fairy Adventures Podchat Tabletalk :siren:

Sometimes, schedules don’t go according to, uh, schedules. In times like these, we can always rely on naked gardening and horse names.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Okay fine, here's your actual recordings of play for this actual play podcast:

:boom: Costume Fairy Adventures 2-1: Three Berry Pie! :boom:
The fairies are back! Well, the town is back, and ready to be turned upside-down all over again by a new set of fair folk. Clockwise from top left: Prima Tollar (Ironicus) is the strongest pixie, and she’s here to prove it! Citrine (Marah) the brownie and Elly (Eliza) the cheshire have their eyes on the prize! And, of course, Iosa (Ethel) the goblin is just here to build a meat golem. The flighty fairies spend the morning solving the worldly woes of three residents of the town in particular; the visiting Prince (pictured), the harried Mae Honeydew, and the skittish Tanya Barrington.

:boom: Costume Fairy Adventures 2-2: Pie for a Pie! :boom:
A storm is brewing over this lovely town’s festival and those charming fairies who adore making a mess of everything. A living legend has learned of the Pie Festival, and she wants to see it– stamped into the ground. It’ll take an awful lot of wishful thinking to save the day– luckily, our favorite fairies are more than ready to rise to the occasion.

Costume Fairy Adventures 2 Tabletalk

General Ironicus fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 23, 2015

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
I love this session, but these fairies are a menace and must be stopped

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
Look at my sweet bacon scarf. I was a stylish gruesome fairy.

I don't drink, but if I did, I would drink bacon beer every time.

I don't shave, but if I did shave, I would slap a piece of bacon on my bleeding face every time.

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 23, 2015

A Wooden Palisade
May 23, 2009

none of them want to fight me like you do
This Costume Fairy Adventures session was really good and nice and you owe it to yourself to listen to it if you like sweet things!!!

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Please tell me the haunted house is called "The Old Pietimer Place" in the rulebook. Or just, some weird made-uppy Homestar-Runnery name involving pie.

High-Water Marx
Dec 30, 2007

History is nothing but the actions of men in pursuit of gnarly waves

I knew this was going to be a blast right out of the gate with Prima's boisterous "I have NO problems!" line.

What a delightful session. :allears:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Dr. Buttass posted:

Please tell me the haunted house is called "The Old Pietimer Place" in the rulebook. Or just, some weird made-uppy Homestar-Runnery name involving pie.

Nothing quite so clever. Not every location and shenanigan has a clever name or a joke to it.

I don't know exactly when they are coming out, but there are two more playsets for this game in the works, and I am excited to bring the crew back for another round once those PDFs hit my email inbox. Everyone had a really good time playing Costume Fairy Adventures and I had a good time running it, so it will definitely be back one day.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

:siren: 13th Age 66-1: Equinox: If You Lived Here, You’d Be Home :siren:

In the time the Elements have been away, Equinox Manor has grown into a thriving village and tourist hotspot. Appropriately, the team's business back at the manor is somewhat hampered by a variety of peculiar guests. The champion of Axis and his crowd of admirers, an elven knight in search of certain stolen properties, and a band of strangely silent elves eager to have an audience with the Duchess Bella Canto... it's the perfect day for something to go terribly wrong.

So now that Equinox has gone from a ruin, to a curiosity, to a thriving realm in its own right, what do you think life there is like? What special events do they host? How aware are people in the nearby village of Peppercorn's basement full of research weirdos? Are there enough available bedrooms for every NPC the party intends to send there in their compulsion to catch-em-all?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I bet everyone knows about Peppercorn's research lab, and they keep sending him requests for really mundane things like de-aging cream, or a really good fishing rod, or that one time someone wanted to know if his lab had a daycare (it wasn't even someone who wanted a job there, it was a tourist). He's tried numerous times to get people to stop, but all the memos he sends out keep vanishing/are ignored.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Equinox manor better have annual pie-eating contests plagued by adorably mischievous faeries. :allears:

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 28, 2015

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Since it came up, I've always pictured Margaret's husband as an Elf aficionado. Not enough to talk over Margo when she's on a rant, but he probably tries to get her come around on them a little.

This doesn't really relate to Equinox Manor, I guess. Maybe he goes there on a trip because he's interested in seeing the historical village? And he really wants to tell Margaret about Elven culture's rich tradition of abandoned tents.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

:siren: 13th Age 66-2: Equinox: Come for the Tour, Stay Away from the Demons :siren:

The mysterious elves led by Asura have revealed themselves as rakshasa under the demon queen Corson's command! Routed at Forge, Corson now plans to take the Elven Court, and Equinox Manor has graciously been chosen as the knifepoint of the invasion. It once again falls to the Elements to stop the rogue demon's advance-- and this time, their home is at stake.

Session 66 tabletalk

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
http://thefpl.us/episode/140

TTornado
Feb 15, 2015

Piso mojado, dirtbag.
All I'm picturing for the Full Margaret Calendar is like. One of those Youtube "Picture a Day" projects where you take a photo of your face every day for years and years and then compile it all in one long video. Except with a combination of Margaret's inherent stoicism and her elven slow-aging, she doesn't actually appear to ever move or change between shots.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

TTornado posted:

All I'm picturing for the Full Margaret Calendar is like. One of those Youtube "Picture a Day" projects where you take a photo of your face every day for years and years and then compile it all in one long video. Except with a combination of Margaret's inherent stoicism and her elven slow-aging, she doesn't actually appear to ever move or change between shots.

In a series of 12 highly extravagant locations! Equinox Manor, Deep in a hellhole, on the moon, while the tarrasque is charging right at her from behind, all while completely stonefaced... :|

Edit: A Nav calendar would also be awesome as a recipe-a-day thing. On Spookums night, Nav's recipe is to COOK YOU. Spooky.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 30, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I love that how no matter the universe and no matter any characterisation changes, nobody respects Algernon. :allears:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I love that how no matter the universe and no matter any characterisation changes, nobody respects Algernon. :allears:

To be fair, Algernon's bar in LPD&D was a well respected establishment by Bonerton. Now if that equates to respect for Algernon...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I did it. I finally caught up with the 13A LP. I had stopped after the crew left Dwarftown. What a ride. Sad to see Slots go, but he was fun while he lasted.

Clearbrook
Sep 2, 2011

SWAG
Well I've been unable to get internet for the last 7 months and now I have a 10 hour car drive to do. Good time to catch up on 13th age.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

:gaz: The Goblins have arrived! :gaz:

:gaz: Goblin Quest Chat: Comedy in Games :gaz:

Designer of Goblin Quest Grant Howitt joins Ironicus, Medibot, Gharbad, and Panzer to discuss how comedy, which often comes from subversion of a framework, can be accounted and designed for in roleplaying games. There are two key factors: writing vaguely enough for the players to add their own comedy, and ensuring comedy and progress are not mutually exclusive. To think, before this I thought I just had to play something sad and wait a while.

:gaz: Goblin Quest: Hootenanny Hijack :gaz:

Ironicus, Medibot, Gharbad, Panzer, and guest Grant Howitt party.

Presented in loving memory of the bottom fifth of Jimber Onegoblin and Hombre the Talented who were eaten by an orc; Dork Stubkins who had all four eyes pecked out; Johnny Matches who burned bright; Chaps the Talented who met the swamp; Imbo Applecola who made an alligator friend; the top fourth of Jimber which was taken by birds; Dote Applecola who enjoyed earwax; Finkle Stubkins who was crushed by Frosty; Frosty who bounced away; one third of Jimber which became enlightened; Piggy the Talented who trained goats too well; Steve, one half of Jimber, Swabbie the Talented, Stinky Stubkins, and Elks Applecola who fell against the Horse; and Spanners, who popped.

Goblin Quest tabletalk

(Grant Howitt's goblins' lineup was drwan by the man himself, other portraits by our own Panzer Skank. The map image was... a group effort)

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Yep, this checks out.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I can't breathe that was literally perfect.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm trying very hard to not giggle at my very professional workplace and not entirely succeeding.

High-Water Marx
Dec 30, 2007

History is nothing but the actions of men in pursuit of gnarly waves

Yeah, listening to the Goblin Quest session while running was not a wise decision. That was a blast.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
I couldn't really speak properly the day after recording this session, and I do not regret any decision I made in regards to Goblin Quest. Please enjoy the great taste of Goblin Quest

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

medibot posted:

I couldn't really speak properly the day after recording this session, and I do not regret any decision I made in regards to Goblin Quest. Please enjoy the great taste of Goblin Quest

the sacrifice of your collective larynxes was more than worth it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Hi, I have finally after many months concluded a blood pact that forced me to listen to all of the original LPD&D podcast before I could allow myself to watch/listen to this (yet to be seen) and I can now ask the question I've been wanting to ask for weeks: Who is Faustus

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

alcharagia posted:

Hi, I have finally after many months concluded a blood pact that forced me to listen to all of the original LPD&D podcast before I could allow myself to watch/listen to this (yet to be seen) and I can now ask the question I've been wanting to ask for weeks: Who is Faustus

A zombie cow.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

Rumda posted:

A zombie cow.

Joey's ancestor or descendant or both. You can watch a portion of his adventures on Wolfshirt's channel under Emco Adventures.

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

ikks posted:

Joey's ancestor or descendant or both. You can watch a portion of his adventures on Wolfshirt's channel under Emco Adventures.

Was there any more of Poorweather's campaign after that? The characters were really engaging.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

ZealousQ posted:

Was there any more of Poorweather's campaign after that? The characters were really engaging.

No more recorded, unfortunately. Emmenscher, at least, might make a comeback; his grumpy no-nonsense sellsword style was pretty fun to play.

I've had Trafficlight Applecola stuck in my head for a long time now.

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

ikks posted:

No more recorded, unfortunately. Emmenscher, at least, might make a comeback; his grumpy no-nonsense sellsword style was pretty fun to play.

I've had Trafficlight Applecola stuck in my head for a long time now.

I look forward to the party hearing tell of a group of whimsical misanthropes slaughtering their way through the northern reaches. #bringbackfaustus(again(again))

I appreciate that all these campaigns have somewhat intermixed. Some of the callbacks are approaching the 5-year mark. It's like Grant Morrison took over the continuity of the 6FU Multiverse.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

ZealousQ posted:

I appreciate that all these campaigns have somewhat intermixed. Some of the callbacks are approaching the 5-year mark. It's like Grant Morrison took over the continuity of the 6FU Multiverse.

oh! right! I set this wiki up, then forgot about it. just in case we have any archive-minded folks. y'know, get your dudley dump on (13a66) and all-- here's some juicy gossip to start with, the Inverse World is at the center of the Dragon Empire, and the Derro are intertwined with the World Eater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I just caught up with the main campaign. Haven't listened to Goblins or Costume Fairy yet, but I'm sure their great.

ikks posted:

oh! right! I set this wiki up, then forgot about it. just in case we have any archive-minded folks. y'know, get your dudley dump on (13a66) and all-- here's some juicy gossip to start with, the Inverse World is at the center of the Dragon Empire, and the Derro are intertwined with the World Eater.

Hrmm.. It's very tempting to go back and listen through things to fill this out, but it's a pretty daunting task. I may do something like that at some point though.

• Locked thread