Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm so sorry Chic

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah. Ernie said it in our doc but I don't see how it would have helped us to bring it up in thread. Clever from Ernie.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mills posted:

This is a misrepresentation. I made a throwaway comment based on the players who were left looking suspiciously like all the familiar names that got discussed in the Discussion thread when we talked about black listing. I'm sorry you misunderstood!

I dunno, I wasn't in the blacklist discussion but you were kind of an rear end in a top hat to me in the Breach and, from my POV, it felt like it was continuing here but with others involved as well. I dunno. Not kosher.

I started with only 20,000 Macca.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I haven't come across the brutal prefix before, what does it do?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Ernie. posted:

i broke this on the very first day, and no one used it to test alignments :(

I noticed this. I didn't want to comment on the people who had figured out power roles got less money because I didn't want to be outed.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Chic, I still do not see the reasoning behind not giving me my action. I posted drunk in your thread during my party ffs. You knew I was out celebrating all day and should have realized I wouldn't want to decide a night action that has implications for weeks afterwards while drunk. The thread was closed.

I understand your stipulation of the deadline but since it did not impact anyone in any way to process it and I in good faith got my night action in at the end of an insanely busy day for me albeit 28 hours after the thread was closed. It seriously impacted the game because I was very very angry for two game days and completely ignored Asiina from then on to prevent myself from freaking out.

So tell me the truth. Did you not give it to me because you felt bad for scum? It's the only reason that sits right with me.

No. I had already resolved the night actions by the time you sent me your action. I'd sent half the results out, even! Literally the only reason the thread was still closed was because my power started flickering and then went out halfway through sending out night action results. The fact my power went out doesn't change the fact that I'd set a night deadline that I intended to keep. I'm sorry that you felt it was unfair to you, but I meant what I said when I said all night actions not submitted within 24 hours would be forfeit. The reason why your action was late was irrelevant, I'm sorry.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Little Mac posted:

I noticed this. I didn't want to comment on the people who had figured out power roles got less money because I didn't want to be outed.

if our scum-team didn't implode it was going to be v easy to find the other scum team

3-4 players who have a spread of 20-30-50 among them and won't talk about each other

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

tithin posted:

Kills scum when he investigates them. Extremely OP because it saves a lynch and doesn't require him to claim to out scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

tithin posted:

A brutal cop investigates someone at night and kills them if the result is scum or, depending on the mod, 3p.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

diqnol fwiw i tried to send you a little cheer in pms :shobon:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Ernie. posted:

diqnol fwiw i tried to send you a little cheer in pms :shobon:

So did I. :3:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Like I am legitimately sorry you feel that I was unfair to you, but I felt it would be unfair to the other players if I accepted your late night action.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm an rear end in a top hat

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Mar 7, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I know we discussed this earlier but I'm surprised you consider giving Diqnol his action unfair to other players but not Asiina living on the back of 40 posts that almost literally read "I'm being mod killed. I am not going to provide content."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Man, my scum hunting was so on point this game! Thanks for running this game, Chic, I've never had more fun playing VT.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

There's no right or wrong answer though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mills posted:

I know we discussed this earlier but I'm surprised you consider giving Diqnol his action unfair to other players but not Asiina living on the back of 40 posts that almost literally read "I'm being mod killed. I am not going to provide content."

That reminds me though, I did think it was really harsh that MT got modkilled. If you're posting a :smith: smiley with the flip then that's probably a sign that someone's contributed enough to deserve to keep playing.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Sorry I was so poo poo, everyone! This game was super overwhelming for me due to its size and how much was going on.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Mills posted:

Even she was surprised that she eeked out enough posts. But she was above the threshold, and if she really wanted a modkill at that point she really should have asked for one.

Rarity posted:

That reminds me though, I did think it was really harsh that MT got modkilled. If you're posting a :smith: smiley with the flip then that's probably a sign that someone's contributed enough to deserve to keep playing.

When I post a firm threshold, I mean it to be firm. I felt awful but them's the breaks, sometimes.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Rarity posted:

i will try this in my next game, but i would like to start defining lurking as based on a % of suspicious players someone comments on in a given day

it's arbitrary, and it sure as hell doesn't favor scum, but i think it might be interesting

someone like MMT probably had more insight in one of her posts than scum-asiina did all game

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't think anyone is having a crack at you Chic. Just maybe suggesting that a different metric would be more appropriate next time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
half of chaos was almost modkilled at one point or another

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm a loving rear end in a top hat

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 7, 2015

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Like, I wouldn't care at all if the thread opened and I hadn't gotten it in. That would have just been ill timing. What you did is consciously ignored my night action despite a lack of impact otherwise. If I had submitted the next day, then too I would understand. That would be me flagrantly ignoring the deadline. But I submitted that night, while the thread was still closed and well before you opened the thread. It was a measly 4 hours. That's just petty.

:ironicat:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Like, I wouldn't care at all if the thread opened and I hadn't gotten it in. That would have just been ill timing. What you did is consciously ignored my night action despite a lack of impact otherwise. If I had submitted the next day, then too I would understand. That would be me flagrantly ignoring the deadline. But I submitted that night, while the thread was still closed and well before you opened the thread. It was a measly 4 hours. That's just petty.

diqnol just assume that she didn't want to give you information that you weren't tracked or your target wasn't watched in the resolved results she already sent out

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

stop trying to one up mills

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Mar 7, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chic Trombone posted:

When I post a firm threshold, I mean it to be firm. I felt awful but them's the breaks, sometimes.

I understand where you're coming from. It's just for me, I think arbitrary judging contribution by post count isn't the best measurement because I don't think the number of times someone has posted is the best representative of the amount of effort or impact they've had on the game.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

Something has happened and though about half of you have your night results, the rest of those + the thread reopening has been delayed until tomorrow morning, sorry about that!

Diqnol I literally posted that ~half of everyone had their night results.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 7, 2015

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

chic do you have our scumdoc links~

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

So, in giving me my action would anyone have had their results changed?

I honestly do not remember at this point, I will check the mod doc in the morning when I am not on my tablet.

Tremendous Taste posted:

chic do you have our scumdoc links~

Yeah, I'll post them when I get on the comp in the morning.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If the answer is yes, I sincerely apologize.

If the answer is no, please reconsider that policy for future games.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If the answer is yes, I sincerely apologize.

If the answer is no, please reconsider that policy for future games.

i think if the answer is no we should reset the game to that night, and play out the game again as it would have if you weren't angry as a birthday present to you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just read my pms.

I'm sorry everyone.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I love you too.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Thank me later town for doing your job for you :smug: and ignore the fact I didn't lunch Ernie

I was pretty on point with brutal cop

How much Macca did everybody start with? I had 30k

Also I don't like faction symmetry when there's two mafia teams, makes it easier for town going into endgame

It was a very nice game chic and I liked it lots!

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I died with my usual poo poo plays and 50k macca burning a hole in my pocket. Sorry for not posting enough. Got some terrible news halfway through but felt bad replacing at that stage.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

mr.capps posted:

i would post our scum doc but apparently i can't access it anymore (???)

Nobody needs to see it.

Tremendous Taste posted:

i'd like to see other scum doc laughing at our 2 days

There's no laughing. It's the worst loving doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it was a normal scum doc?

• Locked thread