Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Cyberpunk Gamebryo port when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
Working for CDPR makes me wish for a nuclear ... that I was back at working for Bethesda

mlmp08 posted:

Cyberpunk Gamebryo port when?

It's not far off. They already have the exploding gamebryo physics piles implemented!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

With this game being first person all the time has anyone asked for a VR port yet? :getin:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

So it looks like you can no longer have cybernetics in the character creator beyond robot eyes. My wife just tried making a character and went through all the options and it seems to have been taken out.

Can't make a cyberpunk anymore, just regularpunks. :(

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

With this game being first person all the time has anyone asked for a VR port yet? :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNSVy45mqoE

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

The doom posters ITT have absolutely no idea what cancelling their proposed multiplayer mode would cost, there’s literally 0% chance of that happening. They are going to milk every dime out of this engine and this setting.

Counterpoint: investors are big babies and bail at the first sign of trouble.

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
Someone please explain what's supposed to be happening in this Sinnerman job, I'm so confused. I'm hired to kill a guy, but the cop kills the guy who hired me no matter what I do, and I cannot manage to drop the cop first despite being way over leveled. Then I'm just supposed to hop into a cop car with the guy I was supposed to kill? Why? And if I don't the quest's over?

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

The ~DOOM POSTERS~

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

afflictionwisp posted:

Someone please explain what's supposed to be happening in this Sinnerman job, I'm so confused. I'm hired to kill a guy, but the cop kills the guy who hired me no matter what I do, and I cannot manage to drop the cop first despite being way over leveled. Then I'm just supposed to hop into a cop car with the guy I was supposed to kill? Why?

Just roll with it! See where it goes from there

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Speculation and all, but I'm pretty confident they're going to make CP2077 Online a GTA Online clone for the same reason anyone who made an MMORPG tried (and inevitably failed) to clone WoW: because investors and shareholders would rather a company try to copy whatever was wildly successful instead of trying to innovate, because they think that's what will give them maximum return on their investment, regardless of how often it's actually failed.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm ready for a sequel using the engine by Obsidian
Just take my SSD/RAM out and smash them with a hammer.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
CDPR would never chase other genre success stories!

Please play Gwent

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

afflictionwisp posted:

Someone please explain what's supposed to be happening in this Sinnerman job, I'm so confused. I'm hired to kill a guy, but the cop kills the guy who hired me no matter what I do, and I cannot manage to drop the cop first despite being way over leveled. Then I'm just supposed to hop into a cop car with the guy I was supposed to kill? Why? And if I don't the quest's over?

Yeah. The guy that hired you is supposed to get killed.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

So it looks like you can no longer have cybernetics in the character creator beyond robot eyes. My wife just tried making a character and went through all the options and it seems to have been taken out.

Can't make a cyberpunk anymore, just regularpunks. :(

I had this bug too. Tell her to try changing her skin then go back and check again. That worked for me.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm ready for a sequel using the engine by Obsidian

Wasn't Outer Worlds also a looter-shooter with a world that was practically empty between quest objectives and hubs?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Speculation and all, but I'm pretty confident they're going to make CP2077 Online a GTA Online clone for the same reason anyone who made an MMORPG tried (and inevitably failed) to clone WoW: because investors and shareholders would rather a company try to copy whatever was wildly successful instead of trying to innovate, because they think that's what will give them maximum return on their investment, regardless of how often it's actually failed.

Ok but if that were the case then wouldn’t Cyberpunk 2077 have turned out completely different?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
obsidian should stay away from making games for awhile

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

dyzzy posted:

Just roll with it! See where it goes from there

johnny lays it out pretty clearly

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Are there any reprecussions for sleeping with both Judy and River or Panam and whoever the gay dude is?

Asking for completionist sake.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

f#a# posted:

Are there any reprecussions for sleeping with both Judy and River or Panam and whoever the gay dude is?

Asking for completionist sake.

A deep sense of shame.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am addicted to tech weapons. They are just too useful to not use always. Ping to see all the enemies in the building, then use the Quasar to rapidly gun them all down. It's amazing every time.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010
outer worlds was by far the worst obsidian game i've played, it was bethesda or ubisoft levels of bland

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

'Lotter Turds

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Zeta Acosta posted:

obsidian should stay away from making games for awhile

Deadfire is amazing and it's a shame people put off by PoE 1 will never try it out.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

I am addicted to tech weapons. They are just too useful to not use always. Ping to see all the enemies in the building, then use the Quasar to rapidly gun them all down. It's amazing every time.

problem is just how OP it is, because the enemies aren't equipped to deal with it. game needs more and better netrunners or other counters.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Eraflure posted:

Deadfire is amazing and it's a shame people put off by PoE 1 will never try it out.

the last games i played from obsidian were: poe, tyranny and outer worlds. i couldnt finish a single one of them.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

doingitwrong posted:

Poor Judy really knows how to pick ‘em.

Her exes include (significant story spoilers) an on again, off again hustler who drifts in and out of her life who ultimately gets mindfucked, raped, left for dead, and rescued only to commit suicide, and a domineering jerk who betrays her and (depending on how you play it) killed by her newest love interest, an ambitious merc with terminal cyber-brain cancer.

The romance scenes between Judy and V are touching and tragic. Their night together has more terror at Clouds hanging over it, as well as Johnny’s intrusion. The next morning, when Judy gives V the keys to her apartment I just felt really sad about everything. She says she’s decided to stay in Night City for V but V’s not gonna be there much longer, probably. Another in a string of bodies. A walking talking corpse.

The BD sync giving V echoes of Judy’s memories and Judy echoes of Johnny was a lovely layer on the question of identity that’s at the core of the theme of the game. We’re all becoming someone else.

I know this is the last Judy side quest but I hope they’ve written more encounters between them. I wanted V and Judy to have a chance to talk directly about what V is facing and what it means for them. Between the dolls and the BD, Judy seems like the best person in the world to talk through having a terminal identity crisis. Maybe that’s coming. I’ve only gotten as far as the next morning.

Poor River. In the timing of my playthrough, he literally calls me up the morning as I’m driving away from Judy’s to invite me over for dinner, nervous as a schoolboy. Sorry, buddy. Not this time.

In general, I wish games with romance subplot didn’t treat the sex scene as the end. It’s a lot of more content to create that most players will never see, but it’s nice to give the characters a chance to have a relationship on screen. It’s one of the things that I appreciated about Mass Effect trilogy. Spread over three games you got a chance to see Shepard have ongoing relationships with the friends and people they loved.

you forgot a massive crush/dated a back biting sociopath who is fine with hurting an exploting folks like judy and Evelyn as long as she came out on top and was fine ruining their revolution so she could were the BOOT on their necks. no one left that meeting alive in my playthrough.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Rinkles posted:

johnny lays it out pretty clearly

That is not the threat Jonny "King of the douche canoes" Silverhand thinks it is.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I get the feeling a bunch of planned features and storylines were abruptly cut or severely reduced the moment the suits running CDPR saw that GTA:O was literally a money printing machine and went "let's make our game do that too".

The remnants of some content that was dropped for w/e reason:

There's a prison inside the city you can jump into but there's nothing there but a bunch of guards and fences.

There's a toxic industrial plant that gets mentioned several times in the game. There's even an interview going on outside its main gate. But you can't get inside and if you do there's nothing there.

NetWatch go back to their home planet.

Optical camo.

More stuff I don't remember atm.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bust Rodd posted:

The doom posters ITT have absolutely no idea what cancelling their proposed multiplayer mode would cost, there’s literally 0% chance of that happening. They are going to milk every dime out of this engine and this setting.

yeah unless there's an absolute catastrophic meltdown in CDPR that ruins it as a company Cyberpunk is gonna keep going the way they want it to keep going. People are going to buy that poo poo even if they don't fix what's wrong.

one thing that's funny about Red is that it's the pretty well opposed to 2077, gear wise. There's a bunch of different weapon types, and there's a few grades of quality, and that's it. There's no dps or levels or any of this other poo poo, if you have a very heavy pistol, you have a very heavy pistol. The quality ratings are like lovely / decent / good, and it primarily describes how guns can jam and what cost bracket it's in and stuff like that.

I have no idea why they set the game up with crafting and gear to be the way it is, it seems pretty crazy. Just make 4 or 5 kinds of each gun, adjust them around some so they all feel and play different enough.

Tech in Red is kind of crazy because you can literally make anything so that's pretty hardcore, but it could have been set up so that you need tech to make mods and mods actually do serious changes to how the guns function and let you add in different damage types and major changes to weapons and clothes, not just move numbers around a little bit based on how many ashtrays you melt. Collecting poo poo is not inherently bad but it's not particularly well done here.

woah. Also lol.

Katt posted:

Wasn't Outer Worlds also a looter-shooter with a world that was practically empty between quest objectives and hubs?

yup! I mean there was some stuff but it was imo worse than 2077 and was mega hub'd up like what some posters were wishing this game was more like earlier in the thread.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Zeta Acosta posted:

the last games i played from obsidian were: poe, tyranny and outer worlds. i couldnt finish a single one of them.

Understandable honestly. It's a real shame you're missing out on the best one of the bunch.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Zeta Acosta posted:

The first PoE had some of the blandest worldbuilding I've ever seen in a video game. Just endless talking head "the kindom of Glopgleep was conquered from the Gleepglops" everywhere you went.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok but if that were the case then wouldn’t Cyberpunk 2077 have turned out completely different?

You mean if it hadn't been rushed to market a year early?

If the investors/management/whatever are going to strong arm the devs to release whatever this was without understanding what they were demanding (as they clearly weren't), why wouldn't they just look at the most successful multiplayer open world game and say "do this in two years after release please" without yet again understanding what they're demanding.

Jeff Fatwood fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 28, 2020

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Rinkles posted:

problem is just how OP it is, because the enemies aren't equipped to deal with it. game needs more and better netrunners or other counters.

I agree 100%, be awesome to have more net runners loving with your tech.

I was about to say and have enemies shoot you back through walls, but that would get annoying super quick.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

exquisite tea posted:

The first PoE had some of the blandest worldbuilding I've ever seen in a video game. Just endless talking head "the kindom of Glopgleep was conquered from the Gleepglops" everywhere you went.

I also liked how those weird elemental people were supposed to be kind of rare but every single Kickstarter npc was one of them.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
It would need to have a clear indicator like snipers do, and the ability to dodge the shot. It'd be a good way to ensure players can't park behind cover and go through grandma's inhaler stash.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I have no idea why they set the game up with crafting and gear to be the way it is, it seems pretty crazy. Just make 4 or 5 kinds of each gun, adjust them around some so they all feel and play different enough.

if you sift through the piles of loot you collect, you'll see there's actually quite a bit of variability between weapons of the same type. extra bullets per shot, vastly reduced charge time, big headshot multipliers etc. It's obfuscated, but there's more depth there than initially meets the eye.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mesadoram posted:

I agree 100%, be awesome to have more net runners loving with your tech.

I was about to say and have enemies shoot you back through walls, but that would get annoying super quick.

I got my legs hacked somehow and it loving SUCKED, if you have people hack you you need to have defense for it. Same as if you're getting shot thru walls you need some kind of way to know what you're up against and actively counter it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would love a huge gear pass to focus on mods.

I spent 2 hours yesterday going to every gun/cyberware/clothing/ripperdoc vendor and bought every mod formula and it’s only like 5-6 total. The reload speed mods or silencers or anything like that just, don’t exist. If you don’t find a reload speed mod randomly in the wild, tough poo poo you just don’t get one.

Why can I craft 3 kinds of Epic dress shoes but cannot craft an Epic dress shirt or Netrunner gear?

It just seems like the gear system we have is like 2/3s of the gear/mods we were supposed to have.

Also I doubt we’ll ever get a hacking rework but I would kill to know what kind of environmental hacks they had planned that they had to cut. Not being able to hack the boxing robot to knock the dude out... that keeps me up at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Zeta Acosta posted:

I think Tyranny is great and PoE was a good enough nostalgic romp. I guess you found them boring, and that's fine. Going from that to Obsidian should stop making games is a head-scratcher though.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I got my legs hacked somehow and it loving SUCKED, if you have people hack you you need to have defense for it. Same as if you're getting shot thru walls you need some kind of way to know what you're up against and actively counter it.

There's a perk buried somewhere that lets you see Netrunners that are hacking you while you scan. Then you can shoot them with a power rifle or a charged tech rifle while they're sitting and hacking.

itry fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Dec 28, 2020