Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
AITA for telling my brothers new girlfriend that she’s not pretty enough to be that stupid?

quote:

My twin brother and I have always been super close. He’s had his fair share of tragic relationships, his first girlfriend stole his car, second one was a drug addict, third lied about getting pregnant, he’s had a lot of drama. He’s kept himself out of the dating scene for a few years to focus on his career, and met his new girlfriend at the beginning of the year. I’ve met her a couple of times in passing, but up until last weekend my parents never had, so knowing that I was coming for dinner, they invited them both.

The night started off okay, she was polite and complimented me and my mother. She told us about her daughter and her job. It all went to poo poo when my dad asked her about college and what school she went to. She ended up saying she dropped out of high school at 15, which I stifled a laugh about because I knew my mom wouldn’t be happy, but then she started talking about the world and current events.

Firstly, she said she didn’t realise until the covid outbreak that Australia and New Zealand were separate countries, she said that being Muslim was an ethnicity, depression isn’t real, she got Paris and New York mixed up, just a bunch of dumb poo poo that it honestly got to the point where I thought it was an act. I started laughing at one of her comments so she asked what was funny, I said “you’re joking right?” and she looked to my brother all confused so I said “come on you’re not pretty enough to be this dumb” and my brother slammed his knife down and asked to talk to me.

He started going on saying I have some massive superiority complex and that I can’t talk to people like that. I asked him what he saw in such a dumb bimbo and he got her and walked out. My dad found it hilarious but my mom didn’t and told me to leave. AITA?

There are plenty of ways to poke fun at someone's lackluster intelligence that don't involve blatant sexism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Serephina posted:

I know reading posts is so passé, but they did go over that very point.

Sure but she still phrases it as "my son LIED to me" and is demanding answers from him. no amount of "I'm not biphobic BUT" can change how she frames the whole thing

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Bruceski posted:

I have never had ANYONE (including me) ready to move at the time they intend to do so, no matter how much they think they're on top of things, and no matter how much of an obsessive planner you are (again, including me) that has to be accounted for. That said, when someone's doing you a favor drop the attitude and any humor should be kept strictly self-deprecating. None of this "well clearly you aren't living life enough if you can manage to be on time" BS.
Packing boxes is one of those magical activities that always expands to fill the exact amount of time you've allotted, then another 20% or more. Regardless of how much you overestimate and try to be conservative on the original "this should take ____", it'll pretty much always turn out to be longer than that. But the correct answer is "yeah, it took us a little longer to pack than we thought, so let's just make sure we get the furniture and all the stuff that's already packed. I can handle the rest of the small stuff in my car anyways. Really appreciate the help friend".

Also, nobody has called out the most ridiculous part:

quote:

I can start with buying everyone breakfast
I don't know how the guy didn't burst out laughing here. I'm giving up my free time and doing you a huge favor here...and you're expecting me to buy breakfast for your family? Haha, no.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Cockmaster posted:

AITA for telling my brothers new girlfriend that she’s not pretty enough to be that stupid?

There are plenty of ways to poke fun at someone's lackluster intelligence that don't involve blatant sexism.

Bury the lede a bit not mentioning you told your brothers new girlfriend that she’s not pretty enough to be that stupid in front of your boyfriend.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Danaru posted:

Sure but she still phrases it as "my son LIED to me" and is demanding answers from him. no amount of "I'm not biphobic BUT" can change how she frames the whole thing

Bisexual was treated as a rationalizion not a bad thing.

You are reading way to hard into that

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Another day, another short guy with issues.

I [20 M] have seen how differently my friend [21 M] is treated for being tall and I'm starting to think dating isn't for me.

quote:

My friend is 6'2" while I'm only 5'5" (yes I know my height is pretty bad) with change. I'm trying dating apps but as you can guess I haven't had any luck whatsoever, I'd like to think I'm a confident person but after so many rejections it does take its toll.

My friend has no problem dating, when we would go out together (which I stopped doing because I would get ignored by girls who only seemed to be interested in him) girls would actually approach him to talk.

I know almost all women like tall guys but seeing how much easier he has it, makes me feel very discouraged. I feel out of place because most guys my age are very tall, it makes me feel like I'm not normal in some way.

I don't think dating is for me, everyone says confidence is key but when every profile reads "6' and up only" its hard to think there's a girl out there that would actually be okay with my height.

tl;dr: I have seen how easy my friend has it because of his height, I don't think I have a chance.

E:
Here's one where a guy went to AITA, didn't like his answer, and tried again elsewhere

Am I wrong for expecting my girlfriend to do a favour for free?

quote:

I've been living with my girlfriend for around 2 years. Shes a graphical designer (26F) working for a big firm and I work as electrical engineer (26M). We both earn around about the same amount of money per hour although I work a lot more hours since I'm currently taking a Degree. We keep separate bank accounts and generally split everything 50/50 like bills, rent, housework, etc.

Part of my course requires me to design a product for a wheelchair and I settled on a water bottle that clips onto part of the wheelchair. For this assignment I need to draw three simple designs concepts and then create one of these designs in a CAD program. The drawing only needed to be simple so shading and colouring wasn't really too important.

I'm not too good at drawing so created a rough design in CAD and asked my girlfriend if she could help me and draw the simple designs based on the CAD design whenever she had some free time. (Our tutor said this would be fine). She said sure no problem and asked me for $20 for the work. Confused, I asked why I would need to pay her and this seemed to upset her. She said an artist needs to be paid for their work. I reminded her that I didn't ask for payment for jobs around the house like when the sink broke or the door jammed and needed re hanging, even though jobs like those cost me money for parts. Besides, shes the one with the iPad and experience with the programs.

I don't particularly have a problem with the payment but I feel the relationship would quickly become toxic if we're constantly chasing payments from each other for favours. We talked for a while and she eventually agreed but still seemed bothered.

I was planning on giving her a few beers as a thank you but I feel terrible and I'm wondering whether I should have just offered to pay. I know this wont be a massive strain on our relationship but I don't want to feel like I'm creating drama between us over something so small.

What should I do to make things up?

TL;DR; I asked my girlfriend for a favour and refused to pay her. What should I do in this situation?

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 14, 2020

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bisexual was treated as a rationalizion not a bad thing.

You are reading way to hard into that

His mother is literally threatening to cut off his tuition if he doesnt explain himself, and his sister is very clearly stirring up poo poo because she's pissed off at her brother for being gay. Getting poo poo on for being too gay and not gay enough is a common bisexual experience. I'm not even sure what you're arguing to be honest

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

An all time classic

>magnificence incarnate<

Holy poo poo I have no idea how I've never seen this. Thank you, I needed this series of increasingly short, sharp, disbelieving laughs. The best part is the pseudo-literature way she describes this loving dude getting a shoulder tat.

"I stand like a lone tyrannosaur, bellowing at a world I do not understand." lol just lol, that's a very common image.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I read this as the Tim Allen AEEUUUUHHH??? And I hope everyone else did too

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

His mother is literally threatening to cut off his tuition if he doesnt explain himself, and his sister is very clearly stirring up poo poo because she's pissed off at her brother for being gay. Getting poo poo on for being too gay and not gay enough is a common bisexual experience. I'm not even sure what you're arguing to be honest

Couldn't the son just say he's bisexual instead of dodging his mom's calls? I mean the entire situation is poo poo. Daughter has every right to be mad.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The wild thing about tattoo lady is that she arrived at the non-tattoo core of the problem, and instead of working through the (perfectly understandable) grief of "my relationship with my child has changed and I need to navigate a new one where my feelings matter a lot less," she spends her time writing an article wallowing in how upset she is that her son has a tattoo despite the fact that she doesn't want him to, and how horrible tattoos are, and tattoos tattoos tattoos.

Like, poo poo, yeah, I know it hurts when you have to deal with that, but you're not dealing with it, you're just picking at a wound at this point.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Couldn't the son just say he's bisexual instead of dodging his mom's calls? I mean the entire situation is poo poo. Daughter has every right to be mad.

Given the way mom acts, there's probably a lot of other reasons he doesn't want to deal with her.

And/or he's just too chickenshit to own up to the consequences of his actions, there's that.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Genuinely thought the tattoo post was a reddit quote like usual and started wondering who the hell wrote their reddit post like a Guardian column

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

cumshitter posted:

There's nothing to make fun of here. I can't imagine the pain his parents must be going through. It has to be like discovering that your son is a serial killer or a cop.

There is nothing funny about stolen glamour.

You could probably get a pitch accepted by the NYT Style Section with just this turn of phrase.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

(f27) Is it possible for a relationship to be salvageable if your SO (m27) cheated on you multiple times?

quote:

Withheld information for 2 years till I found out weeks ago. Moved out of state for him and lived together for a year. We broke up in the beginning of this year for 3 months because he wasn’t ready for marriage. He went on a date with a chick and was back and forth with me. It was obvious he was meddling between me and the girl because he wanted to be distracted, and he wanted to get over me. He did have a connection with this person, but he didn’t want to be with her.

Which by the third month he wanted to come back again and this time with the intention of marrying me. He says he got scared and apologized for running away. I’m still not living with him and I made it clear that I’m not moving in with him or anyone for this matter until I’m married or at least engaged. We also have been together for 5 years.

When he wanted to work things out with me again (still doing it) this was before I found out about the infidelity, so the intention from him was already there. But he did lie to me for 2 years and I had to dig deep to really know what happened, it wasn’t until I reached out to the person was when the truth was revealed.

He seems to really try this time and stop with the constant lying. Calls me more and reassures that he’s not doing anything by FaceTiming me, giving me access to all his personal information/apps/ etc, even wanted to have his location on to reassure to me he’s going where he says he’s going. Has been taking pictures of proof he’s with the friends he says he’s with as well, which was not needed but it’s nice to know. He takes pictures of text messages when he’s texting people (although who’s to say he deleted them) and includes the time stamp. He takes screenshots of calls and tells me each number who has called him and what it’s for...

He seems to be taking the relationship seriously this time. He’s even reading more about my love languages now and taking the time to really put effort on dates (in the house cus of quarantine), which was something he hardly did before. He’s also trying to get in shape more and doing that with him and it has been good.

I’m still hurt about the whole infidelity and I know it’ll take time. But I do see the effort being put. I just don’t know if it’s only a matter of time he does it again. Honestly Idk if I would wanna marry him sometimes especially of what I found out. He wants to start fresh meaning that taking everything we’ve learned in the 5 years together and really taking this relationship to the next level with maturity this time. But I’m not sure I can handle another 5 years. Both of our goals are towards marriage, but will it take another 5 years? Or will it happen at all even?

tl;dr should I stay or should I go?

quote:

The cheating happened 2 years ago and I discovered it a few weeks ago. Like 3 weeks ago I mean. Since that happened we’ve moved in together and we have been good. 3 months ago we broke up because I talked about marriage and he got scared and broke up with me. But now we’re together again with the intention of getting married. When he came back, I didn’t know about the cheating yet. It was only about 3 weeks ago I found out he cheated on me 2 years ago.

He knows I found out because I confronted him about it. He knows I reached out to the person for answers and all.

quote:

I should. But idk, I know I love him but I’m just extremely hurt right now. It has only been a few weeks since I found out. Just still trying to process it all, I moved up to another state for him so it’s hard to just let it go. Friends have told me to that I should stay and then leave once I find someone better, just to get back at him. Apparently he doesn’t deserve the respect of leaving in good terms because of how he did me wrong

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 14, 2020

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

(f27) Is it possible for a relationship to be salvageable if your SO (m27) cheated on you multiple times?

I mean, it's possible, and lots of couples do it. Helps to have a shitload of counseling, though.

Granted, this sounds more like someone eyeball-deep in the sunk cost fallacy.

Also, whatever she decides, this:

quote:

Friends have told me to that I should stay and then leave once I find someone better, just to get back at him.

is a stupid idea. Don't waste your time with someone you know you're gonna break it off with. Life is too short for that bullshit.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The thing those couples realize is that it's not enough for the adulterer to make amends, the adulteree also has to put in work to get the relationship to a place where they can trust their partner again, or the relationship will eventually fall apart.

If you're just waiting for your partner to cheat on you again, you're not doing yourself any favors by staying together. Waiting for the opportunity to get back at them by cheating is actively self-destructive.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for pretending to have an affair and embarrassing my husband on a video call?

quote:

Just for reference my husband thinks I’m funny, just not to the extent he wants to get sued over it. My husband runs a family business and he works closely with a woman, we’ll call her Susan, who has been there for about twelve years. Susan had a lot of respect for his late father who never liked me. She’s never said anything directly to me, because of her position but every single time I go to see my husband she makes a face and I’ve heard rumors that she talks badly about how we met, that I’m with him for his money, the typical things jealous people say.

So my husband’s office is still closed due to covid and he usually works in his home office, but my brother came to visit us and he gave the home office to my brother for a few days and had the laptop set up in the bedroom. He’s kind of an idiot for leaving it on when he left the room, because he knows I like to gently caress with people.

Susan’s never met my brother. So I’d been downstairs cooking breakfast and I was wearing like a silk nightgown, which might be kind of weird in some families but we’re pretty open and when I saw my husband step outside I wanted to play a little joke on Susan. I dragged my brother upstairs to the bedroom and said my husband would be out for an hour or two (he’d just gone to make a call outside but she didn’t know, I knew that) and that we had time, and then I asked him to gently caress me.

Susan’s gasp literally pierced the room and I pretended to get upset and begged her not to tell, but she just kept saying she has too much respect for my husband, she knew I was going to do this, she just wishes someone warned him ten years ago.

Well my husband came in and yelled at my brother and I for being assholes and apologized to Susan, who obviously doesn’t think I’m very funny. My husband 100% married me for my sense of humor, but he said that was way too close to something he could get sued over, but I think I was gracious and well behaved for ten years, so settle this for us. AITA?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for pretending to have an affair and embarrassing my husband on a video call?

Wonder what the age gap is

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
let me just pretend to have an affair on camera, that'll really show the person who hates me and thinks my husband deserves better!

these kinds of pranks keep coming up and just don't get it

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Am i the one who's out of touch with reality? Are these what qualify for pranks now? I just don't get it. I don't.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for trying to outdo my roommate whenever she has sex?

quote:

I’ve been living with my roommate for about 2 years now, we have a really nice arrangement and get on well. When we both moved in, we both had boyfriends. She broke up with hers soon after, and I’m still with mine. Initially when we moved in, we had an agreement that we’d only have sex if the other one wasn’t home as to avoid any awkward viewing parties or conversations, and this happened up until my roommate became the village bicycle.

She started bringing guys back to our apartment literally every weekend, bringing them into our space and making me super uncomfortable. She then started having extremely loud sex to the point our neighbours could hear and made complaints, but that didn’t stop her.

Then as a way to get her to realise how loud she was being, I started initiating sex with my boyfriend whenever he was at the apartment and she happened to have a guy back. At first it made my boyfriend uncomfortable that we could both hear each other but went along with it. I try and be loud and irritating during sex so she can get the hint, which pisses my boyfriend off.

Last night it happened again but for the first time in a while due to lockdown restrictions. I tried initiating sex with my boyfriend but he instead pushed me back onto the bed and told me to get off him as I “only want sex with him when it’s to piss my roommate off” and he then went and told my roommate that I was insecure and that’s why I always had sex when she did. My boyfriend and I aren’t speaking, nor are my roommate and I. AITA?

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

AITA for being annoyed at my sister for using my electric toothbrush as a makeshift vibrator?

quote:

I (25) am living with my family ever since the pandemic. My sister (27) who has autism, is frustrated that our parents don’t let her get a vibrator. She then planned to use an electric toothbrush in lieu of a proper toy. She broke her own electric toothbrush long ago so hers doesn’t vibrate, so she used mine instead. I got up at 3am to use the bathroom, and saw that my electric toothbrush was missing. In the morning, I saw stains on the handle of my electric toothbrush and asked her and she confessed and apologized. I told her if hers is broken, that’s her problem, not mine, and demanded she buy me a new electric toothbrush. I also told our parents, and they took away her Netflix and internet privileges for this weekend.

AITA for feeling pissed that she took my electric toothbrush without my permission? Why or why not?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cockmaster posted:

She said depression isn't real, all sympathy evaporated.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for being annoyed at my sister for using my electric toothbrush as a makeshift vibrator?

:pray: OP anonymized by changing 1 to 2 in ages.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Future estranged parent

https://twitter.com/AITA_reddit/status/1272228793424502786

Forced to kill chickens?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

Forced to kill chickens?

School probably has a farm of some sort.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
According to twitter detectives, it's a fundamentalist Catholic cult, with all that entails. Yes, that includes sweeping accusations of grooming and sexual abuse under the rug.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

R/relationships:" I try and be loud and irritating during sex ... which pisses my boyfriend off."

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

PostNouveau posted:

Forced to kill chickens?
https://gregorythegreatacademy.org/the-carnival-of-chickens-boys-viscerally-experience-the-sacrament-of-life/

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Also:

School website posted:

[The boarding school] promotes an environment of technological poverty. Students are not permitted the use of television, music players, personal computers, cell phones, or other electronic devices. Our boys do have some limited computer access to fill out college applications, book flights home, or receive other important communication. Community telephones are available for student use. Community music players are also used and controlled by the staff. This policy frees our students from the distractions of the modern world and promotes a freedom that enhances the development of their imagination.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Koalas March posted:

Tbf stuff like that you don't really get done in one session anyway. It's not like buying a computer where you drop a bunch of money all at once. It's something you could and often do over time. She could also have a friend who does tatts who gave her a discount, or is an apprentice doing work for free etc

Yeah my perpetually-broke sister is covered in quality ink. When I asked "uh, how are you affording that?" turns out for years she's been using her truck to keep the tattoo shop's lot plowed during the 6 months of snow upstate NY gets (and does some landscaping in the warm months). Bartering is a thing.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

What in god's name

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Oh jesus gently caress that school sounds miserable.

One more on the pile of future estranged parents.

AITA for telling my teenage daughter I don’t feel the need to tell her I love her?

quote:

When I was 18 I got pregnant with my boyfriend at the time. He really pushed for an abortion but I had extremely strict parents who were against it, so I had her. She’s now 13, beautiful and very popular. Her father isn’t in her life. I love her, it’s a given I love her, she’s my daughter.

I’ve never been an overly affectionate person, cuddling and verbally showing my daughter affection just isn’t something I feel comfortable doing, and I didn’t think it was much of an issue to her.

Last night at the dinner table, we somehow got onto the topic of affection. She opened up and told me that she was jealous of her friends families who were open with love and displayed lots of affection. She said she wanted to discuss the potential of telling each other we love each other and hugging and stuff. I told her that I don’t feel the need to tell her I love her, and that she should just know that I do because I’m her mom.

She got upset and went upstairs to her room, and I heard her on the phone to her best friend saying that she feels like I don’t love her. I talked to my parents about it and they told me an I’m rear end in a top hat for not having at least a conversation with her about it. AITA?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

zakharov posted:

What in god's name

"What? In God's name!"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Deformed Church posted:

Oh jesus gently caress that school sounds miserable.

One more on the pile of future estranged parents.

AITA for telling my teenage daughter I don’t feel the need to tell her I love her?

Hey, that's not fair. It's just that that woman's love language is to not show love in any way whatsoever.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Cythereal posted:

To be honest, I don't trust what any teenager says about their sexuality. That's the age when you're still figuring things out and experimenting. I wouldn't consider anyone's sexual preference anything but 'Undecided' until their twenties.

People are different. I recall having my first sexual thoughts and feelings before I turned 7 and I was always very, very sure I liked women. On the flipside, a friend of mine came out as queer at 25 even though many people around him had long suspected it. Also no one is going to bat an eye if you're a straight kid who says they're straight at like 12-13, this kind of 'undecided' label somehow seems to apply only to non-normative sexual attractions?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Danaru posted:

Nah, sister is pissed off at brother because parents showered him with cars and trips to Japan and pocket money because they wanted to show how super-supportive they were of their gay son. Willing to bet that if they'd been a bit more even-handed sister wouldn't give a poo poo about brother's orientation.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for excluding my stepdaughter from an annual family vacation?

quote:

I (39m) have been with my girlfriend now for four years. Our relationship started as an affair as she was married to her ex husband at the time. I was also married. I’m not proud of it but it is what it is. She and her ex husband have a daughter together, who is now 19. I have four kids of my own with my ex wife. My wife’s ex husband isn’t in his daughters life much, so she lives here with my family. We have only been living all together for the past 7 months or so.

She’s never liked me, and has always told me I’m the reason her family was broken apart. She’s great with my kids, offers to babysit them and they love her, but it’s the opposite with me. She’s extremely cold and doesn’t listen to a word I say when her mom isn’t around. She goes out of her way to piss me off, including bringing her boyfriend round when we haven’t allowed it.

Every year my parents plan a big family vacation to their vacation home on Vancouver Island. This is the first one where my parents have told me to bring my wife and stepdaughter because they’re living with us now. I brought it up at the dinner table and mentioned to my stepdaughter that she could stay with her boyfriend the week we would be gone. I hadn’t mentioned to my wife that I didn’t want her to come so they both asked why.

She initially thought it was because I didn’t want to pay for her so she got quite upset and told me that if money was the issue she wouldn’t mind paying herself as she’d really like to go. I told her that if she couldn’t be a part of my family at home how could she expect to want to be part of my family when we go on vacation. She went quiet and it wasn’t spoken about again.

My wife didn’t think she was too bothered at first because she’s a teenager and has that “don’t talk to me” vibe about her but my stepdaughter later confided in my wife about how excluded she feels from the family and that she wants to go and live with her dad. My wife is now furious with me saying I make absolutely no effort with her but she makes even less effort with me. AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Runcible Cat posted:

Nah, sister is pissed off at brother because parents showered him with cars and trips to Japan and pocket money because they wanted to show how super-supportive they were of their gay son. Willing to bet that if they'd been a bit more even-handed sister wouldn't give a poo poo about brother's orientation.

Is it really bad parenting if the daughter is too stupid to figure out that she should choose to be homosexual? The parents did their best to reward positive behavior with their son. It's not like it was a complicated puzzle or anything.