Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jerkface posted:

I'm not into these vtubers to be my waifu, they are entertainers.
When you go to a puppet show, you speak to the puppet and not the puppeteer

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
I liked having a place to talk about vtubers that wasn't toxic, that was cool. :sigh:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

homeless snail posted:

When you go to a puppet show, you speak to the puppet and not the puppeteer

This is a discussion thread about the puppet shows.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Kanos posted:

Cover obviously wants their talent to focus on stuff that makes Cover money, and they're probably under a contractual obligation to not reference non-hololive content due to that. That doesn't change the fact that vtubers are deliberately anonymous and are in an industry where the price of breaking anonymity often has incredibly negative real life consequences. As for "don't believe the corporate propaganda", there are also a ton of independent vtubers who choose to not broadcast their identities.

You keep making really pointless analogies to other industries that are almost completely invalid because those industries 1. are not infamously known for doxxing campaigns ruining the career/lives of people in those industries 2. are not typically maintained under conditions of anonymity. If designers were a frequently harassed and doxxed group and did their work under conditions of anonymity due to the real fear that some neckbeard would try to triangulate their location and phone number based on the specific thread pattern of a dress they made and somehow use that information to try to ruin their career, I would also respect their right to anonymity.
Every industry is unique in their own ways and scandals happen in them too for different reasons. It doesn't mean we can't draw comparisons between them.

I am not saying we should be doxxing people. I'm saying we should be able to discuss their prior public work. All of these people with prior ventures were hoping that their prior work would take off and launch them to stardom. It didn't and now they're working for hololive, but when they created their old work it was completely intended and hoped for that it would be viewed by many people.

The information is already out there and available to any that want to find it, especially the diehard creepers. Gagging yourself, going along with idol culture, and pretending you're helping is just a delusion. If we normalize talking about their prior work openly it will at least keep the creepers from feeling they're somehow special and more connected to the vtubers because of it. It should also reduce their numbers as the people who want to discuss such things innocently won't be forced to seek out echo-chamber Discords full of obsessive fans trying to Doxx people.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I liked having a place to talk about vtubers that wasn't toxic, that was cool. :sigh:

It's all Amelia's fault

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

when the vtuber has actively hinted at their past persona it can hardly be called "ghoulishly digging around".

i don't care about this debacle one way or the other but acting like people who are legitimately interested in the content the vtubers did before they were hired by hololive are in fact terrible goblins is way creepier than the other way around

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

SpartanIvy posted:

Every industry is unique in their own ways and scandals happen in them too for different reasons. It doesn't mean we can't draw comparisons between them.

I am not saying we should be doxxing people. I'm saying we should be able to discuss their prior public work. All of these people with prior ventures we're hoping that their prior work would take off and launch them to stardom. It didn't and now they're working for hololive, but when they created their old work it was completely intended and hoped for that it would be viewed by many people.

The information is already out there and available to any that want to find it, especially the diehard creepers. Gagging yourself, going along with idol culture, and pretending you're helping is just a delusion. If we normalize talking about their prior work openly it will at least keep the creepers from feeling they're somehow special and more connected to the vtubers because of it, which should reduce their numbers as the people who want to discuss such things innocently won't be forced to seek out echo-chamber Discords full of obsessive fans trying to Doxx people.

Supporting my favorite streamer and improving their community by ignoring their explicit instructions and contracts not to discuss other streamers unless they do ftw. Agreed, fellow vtuber supporter. Good work.

Patware posted:

when the vtuber has actively hinted at their past persona it can hardly be called "ghoulishly digging around".

i don't care about this debacle one way or the other but acting like people who are legitimately interested in the content the vtubers did before they were hired by hololive are in fact terrible goblins is way creepier than the other way around

Nobody can prove that any of these supposed "hints" actually are hints to the identities they think they are.

e: Clicked edit before mod posted, apologies.

King Cohort fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 23, 2020

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah this conversation is loving over. Move on.

Buddha Fett
Apr 8, 2011
EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your post pop up

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Julias posted:

Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcqcLL-INzg

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
E: removed

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWRRxHDuqlU

So go watch Gura play TABS

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Julias posted:

Thanks. Could you update the OP with your rules on the matter in case this comes up again?

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
https://twitter.com/honmahimawari/status/1308850135955369984

Hima apparently doesn't know - just because the collab run of fall guys is over (they were practicing for a tourney) that doesn't mean Lulu's done PLAYING or anything silly like that.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Suzuhara Lulu skips leg day.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Here is a fun clip from the "haunted" Suisei stream from earlier: https://youtu.be/VEA8qx8hYgE

I'm sure it was mic problems or something like that but since this was a late night stream for her I think Sui-chan was legit creeped out by it.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://youtu.be/dezfnxL_7ZQ

Matsuri showing off her amazing singing voice.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Tabletops posted:

kiara is gonna be playing FE: three houses apparently. that is quite an undertaking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgU4dGFZ0Tw

I respect vtubers for having more of a spine than most streamers and playing 10000 hour long jrpgs.

*roberu voice* MONADO BUSTER!!!!!

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.

Marin Karin posted:

I respect vtubers for having more of a spine than most streamers and playing 10000 hour long jrpgs.

Nui's run of Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna was an emotional ride even with my terrible, broken japanese comprehension.

Buddha Fett
Apr 8, 2011
It's such a weird feeling watching the EN crew getting bullied with money. Like, at least they're getting mad bank while freaking out at how much cash and nonsense is getting slung at them?

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

motoh posted:

https://twitter.com/honmahimawari/status/1308850135955369984

Hima apparently doesn't know - just because the collab run of fall guys is over (they were practicing for a tourney) that doesn't mean Lulu's done PLAYING or anything silly like that.

I was fatigued after that 5-hour stream and I was only half-watching instead of playing, yet I somehow should've figured this'd happen...

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hey, look at this mafia cat jackal sing a pancake song.
https://streamable.com/uhrtu4

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Kanfy posted:

I was fatigued after that 5-hour stream and I was only half-watching instead of playing, yet I somehow should've figured this'd happen...

With Lulu this sort of thing is expected. I mean, she streamed for 20 hours straight once and then immediately went out to do new years celebrations with her family. After that she apparently got about 4 hours of sleep and then streamed all day again.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Buddha Fett posted:

It's such a weird feeling watching the EN crew getting bullied with money. Like, at least they're getting mad bank while freaking out at how much cash and nonsense is getting slung at them?

It's absolutely bananas how much money they are making through SuperChats. Even assuming YouTube and Hololive each take a big cut it's still a crazy amount of cash. Honestly it annoyed me a little at first but it's definitely not the worst monetization strategy.

I would however like them to list Gura's hoodie as merch somewhere. It's absolutely ridiculous but I love it and want it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

motoh posted:

Nui's run of Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna was an emotional ride even with my terrible, broken japanese comprehension.

Yeah Nui is definitely one of the most RPG-focused Vtubers. Aside from Xenoblades she's also done Chrono Trigger, Grandia, The Witcher 3, Skyrim, FF10, Trials of Mana and several Dragon Quests. Always seems to have a lot fun with them too.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Talorat posted:

It's absolutely bananas how much money they are making through SuperChats. Even assuming YouTube and Hololive each take a big cut it's still a crazy amount of cash. Honestly it annoyed me a little at first but it's definitely not the worst monetization strategy.

I would however like them to list Gura's hoodie as merch somewhere. It's absolutely ridiculous but I love it and want it.
Man, that Kaguya-sama chapter was literally ripped from the headlines.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Ina doing another drawing stream, finishing her Amelia art: https://youtu.be/WeBhvndGzX8

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

There has to be an irony in the most comfy holomyth personality being the one based on Cthulhu.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Hey don’t forget a few months ago when Pekora played Dragon Quest V and valiantly tried to sing along with the title theme every single time

https://youtu.be/aCVgkhgztH8

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Ina doing another drawing stream, finishing her Amelia art: https://youtu.be/WeBhvndGzX8

This is so relaxing, it's like I'm watching an Eldritch Bob Ross.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Talorat posted:

With or without the shark fin on the back?

Speaking of merch, the logo on this top is cool.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I was going to pay the $100 bucks for a Towa-sama hat, but it didn't have the ears on it and looked cheap, at least based on the render. Really hope they release a better version someday.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Ina just made a Galaxy Quest reference. :3:

E: how in 2018+ does someone install graphics drivers incorrectly?? It's entirely automated.

SpartanIvy fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 23, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I find myself always coming back to Towa’s cover of ERROR. There’s something so raw and chilling about that it draws me in. Her voice is so powerful and chilling that it captures the emotions of the song so well that I don’t need to understand the words. It makes me want to sing it half as well as her.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Marin Karin posted:

pekora's ZATT finish tag line was good too

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Talorat posted:

mori will owe like ~40% of her take in taxes as well.

it's rough.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

At the very least she's getting enough where she can be comfortable moving and getting a new PC/mic

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Marin Karin posted:

Lots of streamer play long jrpgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Saagonsa posted:

At the very least she's getting enough where she can be comfortable moving and getting a new PC/mic

rough math says out of 70k she'll take ~14k home.

but yeah, i'm sure she is still ecstatic and i'm glad she's able to make positive changes so quickly in her life.