Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

if I was working for that hospital I would have simply lied to elon about the press photo and taken the bipaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
if I was working at that hospital I would expose myself to corona and pose with elon, in Minecraft

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

or published the text of the offer and the back and forth of trying to get out of it with his PR people, pictures of some assistant running off copies of the logo and taping them to the boxes, followed by the agreed photo.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1251031795849707521

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

how is there a seemingly infinite supply of these propeller beanie libertarian/ancap cryptocurrency nerds, it seems like they should be a rarity

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

qirex posted:

how is there a seemingly infinite supply of these propeller beanie libertarian/ancap cryptocurrency nerds, it seems like they should be a rarity

the internet allows idiots to congregate and find like-minded idiots and thus it seems normal to them so they start publicly declaring their beliefs

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
libertarians are loud and annoying so they stick out

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Vomik posted:

the internet allows idiots to congregate and find like-minded idiots and thus it seems normal to them so they start publicly declaring their beliefs

yospos, bithc

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1250607449498775552

I wouldn't wish C19 on anyone but I do wish he'd just gently caress offff

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I'd go on twitter and tell Elon to stay in his lane, but that kind of thing is not really his forte.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

I'd go on twitter and tell Elon to stay in his lane, but that kind of thing is not really his forte.
maybe he'll understand if you tell him to stay in his tube

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

NoneMoreNegative posted:

how about c-diff? can we wish that on him since he's so full of poo poo and might benefit from getting it out?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
c-diff can easily kill you btw

it's apparently a bad way to go too

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/VatsalTrivediMD/status/1251184203921850368?s=20

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
well you see, much like the brain, the lung is a muscle, so it is important to not exceed its bench press weight or you can damage it

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

elon is smart enough to start scratching the surface of some parameters of real tough problems in some industries

but not smart enough to accept that he's not an expert

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

I mean he did kind of mention it upstream, but it’s obviously just him reading the Wikipedia page at you

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

a cyberpunk goose posted:

elon is smart enough to start scratching the surface of some parameters of real tough problems in some industries

such as?

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

well you see tunnels

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
dirt makes great bricks, it doesn't matter what you make concrete out of, and everything underground is basically homogeneous and also self-supporting structurally

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
remember, he went with tunnels because he couldn't get the ramps to work with double decker highways

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's funny because i'm pretty sure no one asked him to try, but he took a whack at it, decided it was too hard, and then came up with a solution to the problem no one had that was somehow even dumber than "keep adding decks to the highway".

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
it's simcity irl how hard could it be

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I would and do wish that for him and hell I wish he’d get Ebola too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i mostly hope he gets squished at his factory by improperly safe machines as per his "no loud honks" and "no color yellow" floor directives

though i'd also be ok with his cultish PR campaign backfiring and having a stalker cut his face off and wear it as a mask or something

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

SpaceX is sending its first astronauts to space - I wish those guys (the astronauts) the best, but I would not want to be the first human on a SpaceX rocket

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

MomJeans420 posted:

SpaceX is sending its first astronauts to space - I wish those guys (the astronauts) the best, but I would not want to be the first human on a SpaceX rocket

eh, no fire trucks in space. its a safe bet

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
elon musk owns because he makes nerds mad

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MomJeans420 posted:

Tesla exists so that Elon doesn’t interfere with spacex

he’s unfortunately found out more about spacex, but they found some water tower company to distract him for now while the real work is being done

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

eh, no fire trucks in space. its a safe bet

There's a Tesla up there it could crash into :ohdear:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

elon musk owns because he makes nerds mad

elon musk makes some nerds mad, but he also makes some nerds happy, so, it;s impossible to say if hes bad or not,

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

the teslanauts will be hailed as both brave heroes and necessary losses when they die, love the rocket though.

Cactrot fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Apr 18, 2020

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Cactrot posted:

the teslanauts will be hailed as both brave heroes and necessary losses when they die, love the rocket though.

It will end up like Apollo 13 except this time they will just need to purchase the oxygen scrubber DLC.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

t,ihi

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
So they get to wear real spacesuits right and not the fake motorcycle leathers? and they had to put real controls in and not a giant tablet computer, right? :ohdear:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lancemantis posted:

not a giant tablet computer, right?
lol oh no a cabin depressurisation, keep your suit sealed up and plot an emergency return.

These gloves aren't touch-sensitive are they?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the governor of nairobi is sending little bottles of hennessy in the care packages. when some people got mad about it he said "its ok! It's throat sanitizer"

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol oh no a cabin depressurisation, keep your suit sealed up and plot an emergency return.

These gloves aren't touch-sensitive are they?

Hey now, they specifically called out the gloves on the totally real and not just motorcycle leathers spacesuits as being touch compatible

I guess nobody has ever experienced those or something because they’re awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

upsidedown posted:

It will end up like Apollo 13 except this time they will just need to purchase the oxygen scrubber DLC.

reminder that the other competitor in this is boeing

nasa considers spacex the competent one. boeing probably has a higher dlc death toll than tesla after all