Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Jones is going to ruin my birthday. gently caress.

Sorry about your special day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Pwny_Xpress posted:

Jones is going to ruin my birthday. gently caress.

If he loses you get the best birthday present ever

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Just when I was thinking about canceling my Fight Pass account, the UFC had to go ahead on do something like this, and make me really want to cancel my fight pass acccount

why

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Just when I was thinking about canceling my Fight Pass account, the UFC had to go ahead on do something like this, and make me really want to cancel my fight pass acccount

lmao

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I assumed that was a typo but otherwise it owns. Tons of more content at no extra charge? Dana you hosed up, I'm outtie.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chexoid posted:

I assumed that was a typo but otherwise it owns. Tons of more content at no extra charge? Dana you hosed up, I'm outtie.

Less charge if you sign up for 6 or 12 months!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

gently caress you Jones, it's not that hard to take three days out of your training camp for a bucks party, wedding and day after.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
That's actually not terribly unreasonable to ask for a later date for the fight for personal reasons. The problem is Jon Jones spent the last few weeks on social media trying to make the fight with Gus not happen and that's what's bad. So in conclusion I do not believe Jones' reason whatsoever. His reasons for ducking the match had nothing to do with a wedding or Ramadan or quail eggs.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Even with accepting the fight people still find reasons to poo poo on Jones.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

-Atom- posted:

Jones finds reasons for people to poo poo on Jones.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

-Atom- posted:

Maybe it's because he dragged his feet through the mud trying to fight an injured DC instead.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

-Atom- posted:

You say this like people should ever stop making GBS threads on Jones, a horrible scenario I don't even want to fathom.

gently caress Jon Jones.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nah, it's a legit excuse. You definitely can't train in the months leading up to another person's wedding, a single day where you have to wear one of Rashad Evans' suits, smile a bunch even when you're bored and then go home and carry on your life like normal for the rest of the days you have left.

It's exceptionally hard for a man of Jon "Bones" Jones' intelligence to do things like "write a speech about a person you've known for either your entire life or his" depending on whether it's his older or his younger brother. Reading the cheat sheets he has his speech written on would delay his fight training by at least a fortnight, and what if Grandma Bones asks him to try a slice of wedding cake? He might get injured picking up the plate.

Jon Jones is definitely a honest and truthful gentleman who doesn't make excuses to try and fight injured fighters, try to duck someone who beat him like a drum and left him hospitalised so he can fight an old Brazilian who never had a chance, post homophobic slurs on instagram or boast on YouTube to people who he doesn't know because he's an incredibly self conscious herb.

tl;dr: gently caress Jon Jones.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

ChampRamp posted:

If he loses you get the best birthday present ever

Expectations lead to resentment. Jones has ruined my special night too many times. Why does he have to ruin my ACTUAL special night?

For the record, I am highly invested in MMA. Like, I legit almost cried when Cain killed Nog. I love this gay sport too much.

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!

1st AD posted:

So now that they're kind of an official feeder league, do we discuss them in the UFC thread?

I would wait to see how things pan out. They have 3 divisions that the UFC does not, plus they were planning on adding a sixth last I checked (Women's Lightweight).

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Aurain posted:

Nah, it's a legit excuse. You definitely can't train in the months leading up to another person's wedding, a single day where you have to wear one of Rashad Evans' suits, smile a bunch even when you're bored and then go home and carry on your life like normal for the rest of the days you have left.

It's exceptionally hard for a man of Jon "Bones" Jones' intelligence to do things like "write a speech about a person you've known for either your entire life or his" depending on whether it's his older or his younger brother. Reading the cheat sheets he has his speech written on would delay his fight training by at least a fortnight, and what if Grandma Bones asks him to try a slice of wedding cake? He might get injured picking up the plate.

Jon Jones is definitely a honest and truthful gentleman who doesn't make excuses to try and fight injured fighters, try to duck someone who beat him like a drum and left him hospitalised so he can fight an old Brazilian who never had a chance, post homophobic slurs on instagram or boast on YouTube to people who he doesn't know because he's an incredibly self conscious herb.

Not to mention finding a socially acceptable way to duck the bouquet

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Fight Pass keeps getting better...even though they finally figured out how to bill my card after a 5-month free ride.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

That's actually not terribly unreasonable to ask for a later date for the fight for personal reasons. The problem is Jon Jones spent the last few weeks on social media trying to make the fight with Gus not happen and that's what's bad. So in conclusion I do not believe Jones' reason whatsoever. His reasons for ducking the match had nothing to do with a wedding or Ramadan or quail eggs.

Don't be a herbologist. It's his brother's wedding, not his own wedding. You can train around it no worries. gently caress I was best man at a wedding and prepped everything for the buck's party in an afternoon, it's like two day event, four if you get shitfaced at both events.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
If Jones fought Tito, who would we cheer for? I would probably cheer for an asteroid to wipe out all life on earth.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hands down Tito, because when he surprise-triangled Bader a while back, I almost died of laughter and I didn't even dislike Bader that much back then.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Hands down Tito, because when he surprise-triangled Bader a while back, I almost died of laughter and I didn't even dislike Bader that much back then.

God! What kind of Tito fan are you? It was a guillotine, not triangle! I bet you don't even own any Punishment clothing.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Fozzy The Bear posted:

God! What kind of Tito fan are you?

The worst and thus only kind.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Incendiary Pig posted:

If Jones fought Tito, who would we cheer for? I would probably cheer for an asteroid to wipe out all life on earth.

If Tito beat Jones, MMA would have peaked. There'd be no point in holding future events.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
Fightpass yearly subs make a lot of sense. There are a few things that make me consider cancelling though.

1. The android app is garbage: Crashes often, no way to watch on my TV via Chromecast, no search, signs me out every time I use the website. Plus they just updated and the app now requires access to my calendar...

2. In the UK, most of the content that should be on Fight pass is blacked out. No main events, or prelims are available for most cards, only Fight pass prelims.

No access to TUF either.
No content can be purchased in the UK outside fightpass either due to the TV deal they have - complete internet blackout.

3. It seems to takes months to add new events to the archive. There is *no* other way to watch these legally in the UK from the end of the broadcast till they come on fightpass, and given that they're broadcast starting at 3am, hard to see how they expect anyone to watch. There is no replay available from their TV partner, BT Sport.

P.s. please remember not to pay via the apple app store - it bumps up the monthly price significantly for the same access.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Dana does this tactic all the time, I don't know why people fall for it. Sign the way we want, or we'll go to the press and insinuate that you're holding up the negotiations, presumably for cowardly reasons.

Jones doesn't have to live his life on the ufc's schedule

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

wooger posted:

3. It seems to takes months to add new events to the archive. There is *no* other way to watch these legally in the UK from the end of the broadcast till they come on fightpass, and given that they're broadcast starting at 3am, hard to see how they expect anyone to watch. There is no replay available from their TV partner, BT Sport.

Back in 2009, you could get UFC PPVs on BT Vision on demand, I guess it's possible still nowadays.

I remember watching BJ Penn open a portal to another dimension on Diego's head while at work on that. It was pretty good.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Street Horrrsing posted:

Dana does this tactic all the time, I don't know why people fall for it. Sign the way we want, or we'll go to the press and insinuate that you're holding up the negotiations, presumably for cowardly reasons.

As a contracted fighter and a champion holding one of the most important belts in the world's biggest MMA organization that he is obligated to regularly defend he should definitely be able to make his own rules and just fight whenever the spirit fills his heart with the desire to get beaten up

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Street Horrrsing posted:

true, except it only works when he does it to unlikable people

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

This owns.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Street Horrrsing posted:

True, except for Jones posting an Instagram video of him imitating a whiney baby fan saying that he should fight Gus instead or Cormier instead of mentioning anything about personal reasons.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Awesome news about Invicta, FightPass' value just increased significantly.

I do hope they're still going to be based on doing Kansas City shows though, I'd like to see them live before they inevitably fold into the UFC.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

attackmole posted:

True, except for Jones posting an Instagram video of him imitating a whiney baby fan saying that he should fight Gus instead or Cormier instead of mentioning anything about personal reasons.

Oh did he? I don't follow fighters on social media. That changes things slightly, but I'd still say the onus on the ufc to make it rewarding enough for a fighter to accept their conditions, not to indirectly shame them into accepting what's offered.

Obviously if this goes to extreme lengths, he'd get stripped of his title.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
Hopefully part of the Invicta deal is they can use their footage in promo packages, which will be very useful on TUF 20.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Bluedeanie posted:

Interesting in that I would be interested in seeing Junior Dos Santos beat the living poo poo out of an overconfident, tubby Jon Jones, absolutely

Pretty much this.

This is awesome.

Aurain posted:

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

I think this finally put me over the edge to get a fight pass sub

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Street Horrrsing posted:

Oh did he? I don't follow fighters on social media. That changes things slightly, but I'd still say the onus on the ufc to make it rewarding enough for a fighter to accept their conditions, not to indirectly shame them into accepting what's offered.

Obviously if this goes to extreme lengths, he'd get stripped of his title.

But this wasn't even strongarm contract negotiations. This was just Jon Jones inviting another PR disaster upon himself unprompted because he didn't want to fight a certain person. The financial reward is the same regardless of who he fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Triticum Guzzler posted:

But this wasn't even strongarm contract negotiations. This was just Jon Jones inviting another PR disaster upon himself unprompted because he didn't want to fight a certain person. The financial reward is the same regardless of who he fights

Ya Jon Jones surpassed Anderson Silva's douchery very early in his title reign. Can you imagine Cain saying he didn't want to fight Werdum or Hendricks saying he doesn't want to fight Lawlor again and please let him fight Nick Diaz?

Jon is objectively the biggest pussy amongst UFC champions.

• Locked thread