Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

Vorgen posted:

I love how the Ranch Dressing elemental is so friendly. Summon a fire, water, or chlorine elemental and you get a murderous beast. But Ranch Dressing elementals just want to dip stuff in other stuff, or presumably themselves. It is the true essence of all dressing planes (and perhaps topping planes as well) that they just want to be true to their natures, I guess?

Well I mean maybe all the elementals really just want a hug, the ranch dressing elementals just want to hug people and dip stuff in other stuff by a side effect, fire elementals just want a hug and end up burning things as a side effect, chlorine gas and water elementals just want to hug things and end up suffocating people as a side effect and the titanium elemental just wants to hug things and has no concept of his own strength?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

DrakePegasus posted:

I love these rare introspective strips. Though the part about Elan's mom hit a bit too close to home. :smith:

because I am more dense than lead. can someone please explain the thing?

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Niton posted:

Yeah, he was deafened because he was an Evil creature within the area of effect of a Holy Word spell.

Actually assuming I remember right, it's nongood specifically, so he COULD still be neutral! (Except you know yeah, but he still has plausible deniability)

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Huh, maybe my prediction from before will come true. I will agree that this is most likely only Elan's illusion. Roy's father having angel wings is a simplistic idea that Elan would believe. How he actually knows how Roy's father looks (or if he just guessed "Roy with a white beard"), is an issue, though.

that actually would stick with the happy ending for him only if the others had different illusions like the party geting gibbed from the lich, but since roy seems happy enough in the realworld shot I doubt it.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

It's Durkon...but it's not. It's ...Durkon's memories are like firmware, his body being the hardware, and instead of his soul driving, you got another force.

This is the best.

"Oh, your friend died? Have you tried turning him off and on?"

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

So, Going back through the plot with the vampire from the beginning revelation and the knowledge of the posthumously thing.

What happened to Hilgya again? She might actually come back and play a really big role?

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

I'd ask how you can fly in an airship without the airship pushing you around since fly doesn't tether you to an object but gently caress it I don't care and I don't want :words: about it (Though it would be better than tree puns at least)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

Iron Heart Surge ended any spell, effect, or condition on you. Stunned? Nauseated? Confused? Level Drained? Pregnant? Poor? Kinda peckish, not exactly hungry, but you could eat? Held to the earth by Gravity? Old? Stupid? Dirty? Human? Socially oppressed? Limited by the first, second, or third law of thermodynamics? Iron Heart Surge could fix that.
If that's how it actually works...

And so the war-blade entered the villains lair, for the villain to state "Just you mister fighter? I don't even need to worry about you pulling any magic tricks! You're going to be the one to kill me?" and he responded "No... Not at all" "Oh, you have some trick planned where the rest of your party is hi-" "No, The rest of my party is on a different plane. I'm saying I'm not going to just kill you, I'm going to kill everything in a 2 mile radius" "Oh! How do you plan on doing that mister fighter? Stabbing everyone a lot and yelling?" "Physics"

And so the war-blade used Iron Heart Surge to end his condition of "being made of matter", The energy binding his molecule and atoms and particles together was freed and was instantly converted into 1.51 gigaton of TNT, and so the kingdom of evil was brought down by unleashing a nuclear device and a soldier proving he truly had an iron heart.

and a wizard could still have done it better