Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Mattslox posted:

He's coming for you.

That's not funny at all considering someone just now started walking toward the baoisafiujsdtjsdgds0f9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Mattslox posted:

He's coming for you.

Every time I walk past the window at the top of the stairs, I always look out it, even if just for a moment. It's a habit I've had since I was tall enough to peek over the sill. But tonight, as I stepped out into the hall, my head refused to turn; even my eyes remained fixed on the other end of the corridor.

It was as if my body was trying to tell me something... Not the frantic 'Don't look, don't look, dear god please walk faster,' but instead the eerily calm 'There's no need to look. You already know he's there.'

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?
Oh, fucky gently caress gently caress, you people, I have to pee and I can't bring myself to walk through the living room (the only light switch is at the far end) to get to the toilet! Thank God I closed the curtains before it got dark.
This is seriously the sort of story that has you covering your mirrors, and I definitely want to read more, even if I don't sleep well tonight.
The description of the Rake as looking like a large hairless dog particularly hosed with my mind; hello, childhood nightmare image.

21stCentury
Jan 4, 2009

by angerbot
Welp, that's great, for once I regret living in the woods...

Dungeon Master
Jan 12, 2009

KatWithHands posted:

'There's no need to look. You already know he's there.'
You know, I'm not really a paranoid type... but my bed rests right under a rather large window looking out to a field that leads up to a forest. Actually, now that I think about it, there's too many drat windows in this house.

Hmmm, after thinking about it, there's some ripe photoshop offerings ahoy. After the repairman ventures out here and leaves, it's into the woods tomorrow!

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
So do we agree that The Slender Man has something to do with trees? Because I'm wondering if I should be freaked out by the ancient peppermint tree that is growing not a dozen feet from my window. :ohdear:

nockturne fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 16, 2009

Forum Actuary
Jan 23, 2004
BRITISH
The cure to the phobia you guys have given yourselves should be a sequal series of images showing the Slender Man going through everyday activities, such as mowing his lawn, walking the dog, sitting down to breakfast with the family and eating fried human flesh.

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
I'm loving the Slenderman. That's just an awesome name to start with. The minimal backstory to the image was just perfect. Victor, you have a gift for horror it seems.

You posted one image and a tiny backstory. Planting a small seed of an idea into the internet, without even knowing (or planning) for others to run with it, and make it grow.

Then, people saw your idea, and started expanding on it. The Slenderman went from an isolated incident to a full mythos, with woodcuttings, incident reports, coverups and multiple killings to it's name in just a few pages of collaborative effort.

Somebody compared it the Special Containment Procedures files.

I'm officially taking credit for creating SCP173, the original, and dropping it into 4chan's /x/ board. Pretty much the same thing happened there that happened here.

Anonymous ran with it after I set it loose, and the results have been phenominal.

The folks at http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/ have done an awesome job with this simple format. There is some very nice creepypasta to be had there.

What I'm trying to say with both of these, is that I am continualy amazed with how a single idea on the internet can sprout and grow into something more incredible than you ever expected, simply through a small amount of creative effort on the part of many individuals. I won't be getting to sleep anytime soon thanks to you all.

(I'll try to add something to the SM mythos later)

Moto42 fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 16, 2009

MonkeyMaker
May 22, 2006

What's your poison, sir?
(So I take it people are OK with more fiction? If so, here's the next journal entries of a Slenderman haunting. If not, tell me and I'll edit the post.)

January 28, 2009

Called Dr. Bronn about these journals. I don't want to write them but she thinks I need to. Thinks I need to come to terms with what I--with what happened. We'll see if I can.

January 31, 2009

Turns out I couldn't bring myself to write anything down after my first entry. It just brought up too many memories. But why would I have all of these memories? I couldn't have done any of the things I remember. There wasn't enough time and, besides that, my family is OK anyway. I didn't hurt them like I remember. Thank God!

I guess these entries are good for something, though. I remembered something I left out of the other entry. When Buck and I got to the sidewalk and I looked back, I did see something other than the guy on the bicycle. There was SOMETHING by the tree. There's a small wood there, maybe twenty or fifty trees in the part of the park near the trail and there was something else, too. I--I didn't see it but I FELT it. Just something wrong.

These last few days have felt wrong, too. Not the same kind of wrong, though. I've been having--dreams. Nightmares. Visions that I can't wake up from of hurting my wife and son. And then, the next day, I don't remember them as dreams. It's like I really did the acts I imagined and there's this horrible sick shock of seeing them healthy and walking around. Seeing my son play with his toys is like some sort of dream instead of reality. I haven't been able to kiss my wife without feeling like I'm kissing a corpse.

Last night was the worst, though. I didn't do anything to my family. But last night, HE called to me. I laid there and listened. I couldn't move. And he told me, over and over, what I was going to do. To my wife. To my son. To myself.

I think I need to be committed. I don't think I'm safe. I think I might hurt my family. Oh God I don't want to hurt anyone

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

I was looking through my old photos, looking for a good source image to work on for this thread, and thought this picture would do good since it's already got that right ghosty atmosphere, but when I opened it up and started thinking about where to plant something, I realized it's already got something in it :ohdear:

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Jetsetlemming posted:

I was looking through my old photos, looking for a good source image to work on for this thread, and thought this picture would do good since it's already got that right ghosty atmosphere, but when I opened it up and started thinking about where to plant something, I realized it's already got something in it :ohdear:

.gif files aren't that scary, they're too easy to spot. Might want to flip it around so that the last frame is the pop-up, because when it loads you can see the thing before the image starts into the loop.

scoogliboosh
Sep 10, 2007
The Slender Man is seriously creepy. I don't know what it is but I was reading it before heading to my exam this morning and I had to keep pushing the laptop away from me and walking around for a bit because it gave me the willies before coming back to read some more. I just can't get enough of it. It's amazing stuff - keep up the good work people.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

TheOneOutside posted:

.gif files aren't that scary, they're too easy to spot. Might want to flip it around so that the last frame is the pop-up, because when it loads you can see the thing before the image starts into the loop.
I tried, but for some reason GIMP was insistent on making the image with the monster pasted over it the main image, with the background image a mostly blank image with just the outline of the monster filled in with the background behind it.
Making that was pretty much the extent of my skill with GIMP. :( I WANTED to take that image (I can't remember the name of that monster, I think it has "swamp" in it though) and subtly stick him in the background of a picture of the Jersey Pine Barrens, like this pic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mullica_River_5.jpg
But it was a bit beyond possible for me to do. :saddowns:
Source of the monster:
https://wi.somethingawful.com/29/2947d19ef353d5cb007780ac3d6d8ee2445144e1.jpg
In case anybody else wants to use it, It really is a pretty freaky looking thing.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

pixelbaron posted:

Whelp, that's about the most pants-making GBS threads of the Slender Man images, especially with no description or story, just the date and the lead up of all the other creepiness.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

pixelbaron posted:

Easily the best.

Doedipus
Nov 21, 2006

Doeder than Doed.
That one kind of has a "pale man" feel, from Pan's Labyrinth. But with clothes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

pixelbaron posted:

You can roll with this
You can roll with that
You can roll with this
You can roll with that

I actually like that a consistent form for the Slender Man hasn't been settled on yet; presumably the differences are of him in different states of activity, where the legs are prominent when HE'S COMING FOR YOU

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.

pixelbaron posted:

You done hosed up thinking those bars on your windows would keep out the Slender Man. "I'm not stuck in here with y...". :kills you:

I always went with the assumption that his arms, and to a much lesser degree, his legs would change periodically. The Slender Man wants maintain human-like proportions, but try as it might, it's always off to the point where you know something is very, very wrong.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I got that feeling from him myself, and tried to incorporate it into my therapy transcript.

Joseph isn't just crazy, the Slender Man really is wearing the skin of a man like a mask, and sir, it just don't fit right, no sir. Not an actual skin, perhaps, but more like one of those plastic masks you buy at costume shows. Modestly close, but horrifically off.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
My Slender Man contribution.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Someone want to write the Fire Chief report for me, i mean its not every day a house erupts in pure blue flame that was strangely cool yet burnt everything to a crisp. Funny thing... the house was abandoned and there was no active natural gas supply that would normally emit such a coloured flame.

Edit: added thumbnail to stop the broken table.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

Loomer posted:

Joseph isn't just crazy, the Slender Man really is wearing the skin of a man like a mask, and sir, it just don't fit right, no sir. Not an actual skin, perhaps, but more like one of those plastic masks you buy at costume shows. Modestly close, but horrifically off.

This could very well be the Slender Man.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Not sure how obvious this one is...

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

apsouthern posted:

Not sure how obvious this one is...

works well, you have to second guess if its just discolouration on the tree or an apparition .

Mattslox
Jan 11, 2004

LIVE IN TREATMENT OK?

pixelbaron posted:

JJ Abrams' The Slender Man, in theaters this summer.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
Men, it's Slendermen, there are multiple of them. As seen from the photis, some are more concealed with the only distinct features being height and lack of features. Others have changed,reverted into a more primal or advanced to a different form, with the increase of strange features, tentacles and the like. I hope there are multiples, or the one there is can change, and he may be able to change into a more human form, and infiltrate human society.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

pixelbaron posted:

TO: OPTIC NERVE HQ

SUBJECT: RISING S.MAN REPORTS
DATE: JUNE 16th 2009 1243 hours

When you guys gave me this assignment back in 88 there were about, I would guess, three to maybe four S.MAN reports a year... now it's 2009 and I'm getting hits of S.MAN sightings drat near 20 to 30 times A WEEK!

I have been on this case for the past 21 years and we are no closer to catching it or even finding out how to kill it! I have been saying for years that there has to be more than one and with these reports that flood my in-box and the things our Europe and Asian sector agents have sent I can only say that this fucker is every where. Either this thing is breeding or... I really don't want to think about it.

Something Agent ********, from the Japanese field office, told me has been kicking in my head for the past couple days. She said that maybe this thing isn't breeding... but these others are WAKING UP. That maybe these things have been hibernating for god knows how long and how they are up and feeding. It makes some kind of sense with the stories of this thing dating back to the Dark Ages of Europe and beyond that.

That leaves the six million dollar question... If ********'s theory is true... how many of them are there?

DevilOnYourShoulder
May 17, 2007
Tour guide on the road to damnation

dpack_1 posted:

Someone want to write the Fire Chief report for me, i mean its not every day a house erupts in pure blue flame that was strangely cool yet burnt everything to a crisp. Funny thing... the house was abandoned and there was no active natural gas supply that would normally emit such a coloured flame.

Edit: added thumbnail to stop the broken table.

Just out of curiosity, are you in Glynn County?

Volponi
Feb 9, 2008
Mrgh you know drugs are just what doctors give you to make you be a sheep, YOU GOTTA FIGHT THE MACHINE KEEP YOUR CLARITY RON PAUL '08

homerlaw posted:

Men, it's Slendermen, there are multiple of them. As seen from the photis, some are more concealed with the only distinct features being height and lack of features. Others have changed,reverted into a more primal or advanced to a different form, with the increase of strange features, tentacles and the like. I hope there are multiples, or the one there is can change, and he may be able to change into a more human form, and infiltrate human society.

I like the idea of just one Slender Man. Multiple worldwide sightings are due to his ability to travel ethereally; he exists inter-dimensionally and is not subject to restrictions of our space-time.

Differing appearances are the result of multiple factors. One, nobody ever sees all of him, just whatever portion that the entity has 'phased' into their proximity. Two, most Slender Man 'sightings' are indistinct glances or unclear photos; if anyone has gotten a good view of him, they're not around to describe him.

"Some say that the worst monsters reside in the imagination, drawn from the greatest fears of those who imagine them. I say there are horrors beyond mortal imagining, and they are far worse. And I have looked on both."

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
Guys, I don't know what to loving do, I'm really loving scared

I spend a lot of my time outside at night cause I work till 3 AM and sleep in the morning. I walk back home just because I like being alone at night, and I usually carry my poo poo 15 year old camera with me

I usually walk down the middle of the road cause it's a weird feeling, you know, no loving cars or whatever. I was snapping pictures tonight when all of a sudden this tall guy walks out from the eastern road of the intersection. I mean, a loving business suit, 3 loving AM. So I figure maybe he's drunk, really well-balanced drunk, because he walks really loving slow and looks straight ahead. I mean this guy moves so slow it's creepy and unnatural. There's something off about his silhouette too. He stops somewhere in the middle of the intersection and i take a picture, cause drat this is loving weird. I only noticed after I went through them that he's loving looking at me! you can see his head is turned...

Well, I'm not in the mood to get raped tonight or anything, so I turn around and speedwalk up the hill. At the top there's an old gas station that's been closed for 5 years and a parking lot, and I have to cross the lot on my way home. I still feel my skin crawling after seeing that dude so just to make sure I turn around and there he loving is.

I mean loving seriously, this guy must be wearing running shoes cause I didn't hear a single loving step and my ears are pretty good. Not to mention there's no other sound whatsoever. I'm sure men's dress shoes make noise even if you're trying to be quiet. I'm freaking out now, because this is really loving odd. Not to mention he looks like he's holding rope or some loving thing, I mean look at the silhouette. So I start running. I was hoping I'd lose him cause it really is foggy, and it's a neighborhood where you can easily get lost if you aren't familiar with it. Whatever amount of time later, I look back (this was seriously at least a mile away from the parking lot):

What the gently caress. I realize that besides for when he walked to the middle of the intersection, I have not seen this guy loving move. When I turn around he's just standing there. I just ran over a mile, and presumably so did he, and I can't even see him breathing. gently caress all. And you can see whatever the gently caress he's holding better here. What is that, loving rope? At this point I figure gently caress it, I'm going to run flat out, all the way home because I'm close now and I prefer this gently caress not to know where I live. I start running and I get the idea to take some pictures just for the hell of it, I mean what if this dude starts following me around tomorrow? I only got one that wasn't blurred all to gently caress.

Goons, what the gently caress is that. Those loving trees behind him are old and pretty goddamn tall. The dude could have torn the top leaves off of them. His magical loving no-sound shoes are at least 6 feet off the ground. I can't loving see what it is that's keeping him up but it looks like whatever I thought was rope before. I can bet he wasn't moving when I took the picture because the motion blur is pretty much the same for the background as it is for him. What the gently caress. It's early morning right now and I think the sun's coming up, but I can't loving tell for sure because every window is locked, every shade is drawn. I keep hearing tapping sounds on the window. I thought it was the tree in my backyard at first (its branches sometimes touch both the first and second floor back windows) but the tapping came from the front. And there isn't any loving wind. I'm making GBS threads myself here. Goddammit, what do I do.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Run. Even though it's already too late.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:
That's seriously creepy. Well done. I love this Slender Man crap. I could eat it up all day.

I'm gonna try my hand at some photos later.

Cat Fancier
Dec 3, 2006
Jesus, Slender Man needs to be made into a horror ARG or something. This stuff is brilliantly creepy.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

An observer posted:

Guys, I don't know what to loving do, I'm really loving scared...

Awesome.

I like how the images start out "mundane" enough, and then the wrongness in his body becomes more and more apparent as more pictures are shown.

Also, that's a creepy looking area to be living in regardless.

pixelbaron fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 16, 2009

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

quote:

I like the idea of just one Slender Man. Multiple worldwide sightings are due to his ability to travel ethereally; he exists inter-dimensionally and is not subject to restrictions of our space-time.

nockturne posted:

So do we agree that The Slender Man has something to do with trees? Because I'm wondering if I should be freaked out by the ancient peppermint tree that is growing not a dozen feet from my window. :ohdear:

Put it this way. Sometimes when you get up in the night for a glass of water, and you look out the window, it'll look like your tree has one or two too many branches.

When that happens, stop looking, turn off the light and go back to bed.

I like the tree/plant connection because you could cast him/it as a strange creeper or vine or spiderthing which is just trying to look like a person as a form of camouflage. The impersonation is imperfect, though, so he falls right in the uncanny valley. He can be killed, and what's left just looks like rotten wood, but... well, another one grows to take his place. This means he can be seen anywhere plants grow, especially forests and jungles, and anywhere in time because he can live to be very old and the spores are very old and travel on the wind and stuff, and a bullet will snap off a thin branch but nothing else, and an axe to the neck will just get lodged and make him irritable and shriek at you, and if he touches you you get a rash or sting like poison ivy, and he appears in old nursery rhymes to frighten children out of running away from home, and there's only one or two Walking Men at any given time, but maybe there's a whole grove of Still Men planted somewhere, and fire is your best weapon which is why he only comes out when it's foggy or stormy...

E: oh, and don't ask how I know all of this

Sarinnanashi
Dec 27, 2004

I'm sure there is a reason for this, but I don't think I want to know it.

dpack_1 posted:

The following is a transcription of a tape found after a deadly house fire in 1993.

(Start of Tape)
Sarah: Why are you making me do this? What have I ever done to you? Why can’t you just leave me alone?

Male voice: Please say your name into the microphone.

Sarah: S..Sarah West. He’s going to (Inaudible) you know!

Male Voice: Who’s going to come back?

Sarah:(Sobbing.)

Male Voice: Who’s going to come back, Sarah?

Sarah: That thing! God, haven’t you been listening to me! He’s going to come for me, and then (Inaudible.)

Male Voice: Please speak into the microphone.

Sarah: He’s going to come for me, and then he’s going to find you. You can’t stop it, you can never stop it. He finds you, and what he does to you is worse than death. Let me go, please? I promise I won’t tell.

(At 0:50 the tape interrupts and goes silent. Sound resumes at 2:03.)

Male Voice: Tell me what I want to know, and I will let you go.

Sarah: (Sobbing.)

Male Voice: What is he, Sarah?

Sarah: (Yelling) I DON’T KNOW! (Sobbing.) I..just don’t know. He looks like a man, but, he’s wrong, yha know? He’s too long. His face, it’s just like a piece of cloth with a human face formed out of it. But, y..you can see behind it slightly, like an old worn out handkerchief. He moves so fast, God, why does it move so fast?

Male Voice: And what does he do to you if he finds you?

Sarah: I saw what he did to them. He took them, and he held them up, and they started to shake, like they were having seizures. As soon as they went limp, he would pull off their arms and legs one at a time, like the petals of a flower. And then, (Unintelligible Sobbing.)

Male Voice: Then what would he do, Sarah?

(At 5:34, a boom is heard in the background.)

Sarah: He’s coming! Please don’t let me die! (Sobbing)

Male Voice: Don’t worry, he will never hurt you again. What would he do with them after he did that?

Sarah: He turned them into something else….Something wrong.
(At 5:38 a louder boom is heard. A scream and several gunshots are heard. The tape ends with a hollow distorted electrical noise at 6:01)

(If you guys want no more fiction, I can edit this out. drat I love this thread.)

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

An observer posted:

Thats just beautiful... To bad you wont be giving us anymore pictures.

He is coming for you....

TremendousMajestic
Mar 8, 2007

bye bye everybody bye bye!
GyverMac, I'm requesting another woodcut. That last one you did was amazing, and I'm loving the fictional implications.

Continued great job, everyone.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

DevilOnYourShoulder posted:

Just out of curiosity, are you in Glynn County?

Nope, source was GIS 'forest fire', asset was 'man in suite' and some air brushing in PS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilRic
May 18, 2007

come have a nice cup of tea!

dpack_1 posted:

I love the slender man stuff especially the one where he's following through the neighborhood.

I think this one with the fire and a couple of the others would be a lot creepier if he was in his man form and a little more hidden than fully tentacled and in plain view. It'd make him a bit more sinister in those situations.

Only a tiny point though i still love all the submissions.