Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

El Patron posted:

I was bored tonight and ended up watching the Big Show's and Batista's WWE documentaries on netflix.

During A Giants Life it mentioned after his first WWE run he was sent to OVW as punishment for developing a 'bad attitude'. They never really went into detail here except for Big Show mentioning that he deserved it and the move done him good. I was just curious if anyone on here knew what he'd actually done that called for this punishment ?

I had always heard it was weight issues that sent him back to OVW, and the WWF was so mad at him, they left him out of the No Mercy game. That ruined the story in the game, because he was replaced by loving Steven Richards :argh: and it made no sense as a result. They left in all of the dialog as if they were talking about Show, they just did a Find & Replace for "SHOW" with "RICHARDS". That, along with the save wipe bug pretty much ruined No Mercy's story mode for me.

So yeah, I blame No Mercy's story mode sucking on Big Show being sent to OVW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

El Patron posted:

Secondly, during Batista's documentary he mentioned how awkward it was to work with Booker T at one point as both of them had serious heat with each other backstage. Again they never focused on this much during the film but I wanted to know what caused the bad blood between the two ?

IIRC, when Batista was starting to get big on Raw he made some comments in an interview about the guys on Smackdown being lazy or lovely or something (I can't remember exactly, but I think it was in relation to SD being taped). Booker, and others, took offense to Batista talking poo poo when he was still green/lousy in ring.

When Batista got moved to Smackdown, he and Booker got into a fist fight over it at a photo shoot.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Jack Krauser posted:

I would always just edit Stevie Richards into The Big Show and ignore the fact Big Show never used a superkick.

I think I once also turned him into Shawn Michaels so the superkick made more sense. Then I finally got to see The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels in a feud.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Lone Rogue posted:

I would always just edit Stevie Richards into The Big Show and ignore the fact Big Show never used a superkick.

I think I once also turned him into Shawn Michaels so the superkick made more sense. Then I finally got to see The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels in a feud.

Yes, but No Mercy wouldn't let you edit Titantrons or Music so you'd still have Big Show coming out to "REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren: REEREE :siren:". gently caress Steven Richards.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jack Krauser posted:

I had always heard it was weight issues that sent him back to OVW, and the WWF was so mad at him, they left him out of the No Mercy game. That ruined the story in the game, because he was replaced by loving Steven Richards :argh: and it made no sense as a result. They left in all of the dialog as if they were talking about Show, they just did a Find & Replace for "SHOW" with "RICHARDS". That, along with the save wipe bug pretty much ruined No Mercy's story mode for me.

I genuinely don't remember this. :psyduck: Can someone give me cliffnotes because it sounds surreal and I'm baffled because I played the gently caress out of No Mercy.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Perry Normal posted:

IIRC, when Batista was starting to get big on Raw he made some comments in an interview about the guys on Smackdown being lazy or lovely or something (I can't remember exactly, but I think it was in relation to SD being taped). Booker, and others, took offense to Batista talking poo poo when he was still green/lousy in ring.

When Batista got moved to Smackdown, he and Booker got into a fist fight over it at a photo shoot.

I enjoy stories that involve Batista trying to be a dick but always failing. It's like a dog that thinks he's people. :3:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Bocc Kob posted:

I enjoy stories that involve Batista trying to be a dick but always failing. It's like a dog that thinks he's people. :3:

You'll eat those words when he beats "Rashid" Evans in his MMA debut.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I genuinely don't remember this. :psyduck: Can someone give me cliffnotes because it sounds surreal and I'm baffled because I played the gently caress out of No Mercy.

This video shows it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nKsyy30cbk&t=9s

Just ignore the spergy guy talking over the video.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 18, 2012

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

Iirc they fought when they were shooting the Summerslam poster/video. Batista said Smackdown guys don't get to main event interbrand PPVs because they were used to being taped. Maybe Smackdown-brand PPV's and house shows were always running late and total botchfests.

Ironically Batista would spend pretty much the rest of his career on Smackdown and barely got to main event any interbrand PPVs.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Actually, when Big Show was thinner in WCW, he DID use a Superkick, and still busts it out now and again, I distinctly remember him hitting it on Mark Henry at one point. It's a lot slower than Stevie's or HBK's, but he can do one. This isn't like the legend of the never-seen Moonsault he could supposedly do.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah it's almost astonishing how quickly Big Show got fat in WWF. When he came in, he was pretty drat impressive looking, but by the time Mania 2000 rolled around he was flabby. Not sure if he had health problems, I assume not if he was sent down to OVW as punishment.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Yuriy posted:

You'll eat those words when he beats "Rashid" Evans in his MMA debut.
Aw, a pro wrestler getting into MMA in his forties, that's so cute! So, how many serious injuries has he had already? :allears:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

triplexpac posted:

Yeah it's almost astonishing how quickly Big Show got fat in WWF. When he came in, he was pretty drat impressive looking, but by the time Mania 2000 rolled around he was flabby. Not sure if he had health problems, I assume not if he was sent down to OVW as punishment.

WWF did/does a lot more house shows than WCW did. It's harder to get workouts in/eat properly when on the road.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Actually, when Big Show was thinner in WCW, he DID use a Superkick, and still busts it out now and again
He just did it at MitB or one of the RAWs just before it, didn't he?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Orgophlax posted:

He just did it at MitB or one of the RAWs just before it, didn't he?

Yeah, to Kane on either the go-home show or the show before.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

triplexpac posted:

Vince got him liposuction when he came in, actually, and he just put the weight back on very quickly. He was hugely fat in WCW at the end.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
A big dude's gonna have a big appetite. Show is taller than Andre was, isn't he? And Andre was a legendary eater(And drinker). Dude just doesn't have the time or motivation to try to work that weight off.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

LividLiquid posted:

Vince got him liposuction when he came in, actually, and he just put the weight back on very quickly. He was hugely fat in WCW at the end.

Show also just quit or was quitting smoking. Towards the end of WCW he did not give a flying gently caress.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Perry Normal posted:

WWF did/does a lot more house shows than WCW did. It's harder to get workouts in/eat properly when on the road.

He also just sucks at keeping up with his conditioning. He's followed the same pattern for years, really: He gets fat, disappears for a while, comes back looking thinner than ever (his return for Mayweather comes to mind), but slowly puts the weight back on until he gets to the point that he's gassed by the time he walks to the ring.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

rotinaj posted:

A big dude's gonna have a big appetite. Show is taller than Andre was, isn't he? And Andre was a legendary eater(And drinker). Dude just doesn't have the time or motivation to try to work that weight off.

Yeah, but only by a couple inches. Andre the Giant was really 6'11" and billed at 7'4", whereas Big Show is actually 7"1' but billed at an even 7".

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
According to his DVD, Show's keeping a relatively strict diet nowadays, IIRC. At least he did at the time. He might have relapsed, who knows.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Suleman posted:

According to his DVD, Show's keeping a relatively strict diet nowadays, IIRC. At least he did at the time. He might have relapsed, who knows.

Strictly pizzas.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I remember Big Show being billed at 7'4" in WCW, but they changed it to 7'0" in WWE. Did they just want Andre to be the biggest guy ever or something?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Suleman posted:

That was released in early 2011, though, and filmed in 2010. He's back up to being pretty huge (though he's dropped a little bit of weight since WrestleMania, when he was just fat as all hell).

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

This conversation has reminded me of when Giant used his smoking as part of his gimmick for awhile in WCW.

I actually enjoyed that whole bit.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bocc Kob posted:

I remember Big Show being billed at 7'4" in WCW, but they changed it to 7'0" in WWE. Did they just want Andre to be the biggest guy ever or something?

There was some adjustments over time to account for previous 7 footers. I'm fairly certain they used to say Undertaker was 7', so when Kane came in they made him 7'2". But then they dropped Undertaker to 6'10" and Kane to 7'0", then Big Show came in and they both dropped down again.

There was fairly liberal use of the term "near 7 footer" during that period, from memory.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I don't think Taker was ever billed as being that tall. He and Kane are both around 6'8" in reality. Big Show might have been 7'1" at his peak but he's no more than 7' now, which is how he's billed.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

The Duck of Death posted:

I don't think Taker was ever billed as being that tall. He and Kane are both around 6'8" in reality. Big Show might have been 7'1" at his peak but he's no more than 7' now, which is how he's billed.

They called Taker 7 feet tall like all the time, especially in his younger days.

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
Why are wrestlers obsessed with poo poo? In no other sport or industry have I heard hazing rituals or scummy stories about people making GBS threads in each others bags.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

budreck posted:

Why are wrestlers obsessed with poo poo? In no other sport or industry have I heard hazing rituals or scummy stories about people making GBS threads in each others bags.

The bag making GBS threads thing isn't true.

budreck
Aug 2, 2005

by XyloJW
There has to be some truth if numerous wrestlers have been accused of it for the past 20 years. Didn't Sean Waltman admit to it once?

budreck fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 19, 2012

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

budreck posted:

There has to be some truth if numerous wrestlers have been accused of it for the past 20 years. Didn't Sean Waltman admit to it once?

Oddly enough just two days ago I saw clips of both Nash and Waltman's shoots and they referenced lots of poo poo stories. Waltman put Nash's poo poo in Sunny's sandwich. Nash and "a bunch of the boys" all poo poo into a pie tin and put it in Medusa's bag and did a "shake and bake." She didn't react to it so they never bothered her again. Waltman put "somebody's" poo poo in Sable's bag on her last night.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

budreck posted:

Oh, I assumed we were talking about the Orton iteration. I honestly have no idea.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

budreck posted:

Because poop is funny

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Oatgan posted:

Because poop is funny

Your posts beg to differ.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh, I assumed we were talking about the Orton iteration. I honestly have no idea.
Maria says that was self tanner.

Even Orton had limits. Who knew?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Didn't someone (I'd like to say it was Shawn?) poo poo in Lawler's crown too?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

VogeGandire posted:

Didn't someone (I'd like to say it was Shawn?) poo poo in Lawler's crown too?

According to legend when Lawler came in around 93 every worker in the back who worked for him in Memphis took a dump in it and filled it to the brim. Steve Keirn, the rockers, everybody.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.
Supposedly when Sunny had the Godwinn's slop bucket dumped on her a lot of guys jerked off in it beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

What is it with wrestlers and bodily fluids?

Normal workplace, y'know, whoopie cushion or something.

Wrestlers, poo poo on other people's belongings.