Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Haha, I skipped from the beginning of this thread to the end, and we're still talking about Taker/Foley! Wow. Yeah, I watched the Undertaker interview and it's super freaky how that all went down.

edit: oh god this recap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGMxZ861j68

Jefferoo fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
So just how bad was that Triple H movie? Well,the two of them? Were they as bad as Jarko Grimwood?

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Other than winning a gold medal at the olympics, what's the big deal around Kurt Angle? Is he interesting or compelling at all? I'm kinda curious on people's thoughts on him.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's an exercise video. What do you want from it exactly? If you're focusing on the production value it probably means you're not working out properly or at all.

If you buy the Premium Edition, about halfway through DDP grabs a mic and cuts a 7 minute promo on your fat rear end who could never wrestle. I've never felt lighter!

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

MassRayPer posted:

The Punk DVD was more candid than usual, but WWE DVDs are not the most trustworthy releases. Even their most honest releases will change things to suit their narrative.

I'm watching the Monday Night Wars documentary, how true/untrue is it?

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Neodoomium posted:

About as true as any US History book you were given in elementary school.

LordPants posted:

One of them (The WCW one?) was really, really, bad. I'm not sure how bad that one is however. But it goes doubly so for WCW stuff, they just love burying them them and rewriting history.

Yeah, I watched the Monday Night War DVD and the part about Vince Russo just appearing out of nowhere (although he was former WWF writing staff) and ruining everything sounds real fuckin' off. I think I was supposed to be watching the Rise and Fall of WCW one.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Cardboard Box posted:

no that's actually accurate, Vince Russo was a major part of ruining everything for WCW

I meant the part where WWE totally glossed over his former involvement with them before coming to WCW. I dunno!

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Gonz posted:

Vince Russo should be sent to North Korea wearing clothes and a hat with the US flag on it.

Actually, can I ask that question here? I have a general idea that he was like, a bad writer and all, but why exactly is he so hated, on a more specific level than "bringing down WCW?"

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Ah, weird. And why does everyone hate Rob Van Dam? Any specific incidents/reasons?

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

oatgan posted:

He offered to drop the belt clean on Raw the next night. There was literally no reason for the screwjob.

Bullshit, PPVs are way more grander a stage than a regular old Monday Night RAW. The Screwjob set the stage for Vince to be history's greatest dirtbag, and it was a huge reason for WWF's success over WCW. "Bret screwed Bret" was loving magical, and then having him face Austin was let's face it, probably the greatest wrestling will ever be.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

oatgan posted:

When Vince decided to go through with it "This is gonna win us the war!!!" never entered his mind so I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here.

Intentional or not, it was really the best thing that could have happened for the WWF at the time is what I'm arguing.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

oldpainless posted:

Starting in late 2014 Sting will gangnam style his way down to the ring.

And on off days he'll take up ballroom dancing, unexplicably. His heel turn will be him donning a plaid dress shirt, tight jeans, and constantly beating wrestlers to near death with a classic indie-pop vinyl.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

MassRanTer posted:

What if they had people win the belt because they wanted to be the best wrestler and prove it in even competition or because they hated the current champion and were seeking revenge.

Because if yo-

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Xerzes posted:

Of course they would: John Cena.

When the biggest face is dropping poop from the ceiling onto his ex-girlfriend, everybody's a heel.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

bobkatt013 posted:

The best child wrestler is the entire WWE Face Roster

Let's just be honest with ourselves.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

AfterFather posted:

How different would TNA be if they had actually hired Paul Heyman and let him do the things that he wanted? I know he wanted to get rid of most of the old guys, but did he state that he would have done anything else?

Broke in like, six months, but it'd probably be the best six months of wrestling you'd ever watched.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

triplexpac posted:

If true, that's crazy :stare:

Not really, have you been in a toy aisle in a Target/K-Mart/etc. lately? It's mostly Halo/Star Wars stuff next to WWE.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Tarodia posted:

A kid I work with swears CM Punk actually drinks and the straight edge stuff is a work because the ref at a local indy fed told her so.

Chris is a ref?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpKMpiMrdB4

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Can someone explain to me the logic behind PPV names? Stuff like "The Great American Bash," "Fall Brawl," "Capitol Punishment," and so on. A lot of them just seem kinda bizarre.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Bigass Moth posted:

Who are the legit "tough guys" in WWE now that people backstage fear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kPTlbX3E6U

The one and only, the Belt Mark, the King of Kings...

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Truly, the Hulkster has always been the epitome of hip and cool. :c00lbert:

Hoagie sighed as he drew his katana...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
I know not a thing about Arn Anderson and want to know more, what's his best stuff?