Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hellblazer187 posted:

Related: Best match you've ever seen live?

For me it would be Angle/Benoit at RR'03. It also immediately followed the worst match I'd ever seen live.

I caught an American Alpha/Revival match at an NXT house show, that was some good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LividLiquid posted:

I saw one of these at the Paramount in Seattle and everybody up and down the card was sleepwalking through their poo poo but these two teams.

We were all happy as gently caress to see Finn and Bayley and Nakamura sleepwalk, but drat did The Revival and American Alpha bring it.

You were probably the show immediately before ours, I was in Portland.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

poo poo I didn't even think about indies. In that case the best match I've ever seen live was a 3-2-1 Battle match in Seattle which ended with the Hellfire Club defeating Otis the Gimp by taking the dildo that was his only weakness and dissolving it in a vat of "dick-dissolving acid." That or the one where Kikutaro showed up to demand a match where dick punches were legal because that was his wrestling style.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think this is the first one I ever saw-

WWF IC Champion Jeff Jarrett & WWF European Champion Mark Henry defeated Val Venis & D-Lo Brown when Jarrett pinned Venis with a superplex at around 9:45
Hardcore Holly defeated Crash Holly after about 3 minutes
Viscera (sub. for Al Snow) pinned Gangrel with a splash after 3 minutes
Christian & Edge defeated Matt & Jeff Hardy, the Dudley Boyz, and the Acolytes in an elimination match; the Dudleyz & Acolytes fought to a double count-out at 5:00; Edge pinned Jeff Hardy with the spear
Test pinned Steve Blackman with a powerbomb
The Rock defeated WWF World Champion Triple H via disqualification when the Big Show broke the cover at around 6:00
WWF Women's Champion Ivory defeated Tori, Luna, and Jackie after Jackie was hit with the title belt
The Big Bossman defeated Ken Shamrock in a KO match by putting him in a sleeper after attacking him with the nightstick as the referee was knocked out
Kane pinned WWF Tag Team Champion the Big Show at around 6:15; the match was originally Kane/Mankind vs. Show/Undertaker but Mankind didn't show so it turned into a one-on-one bout after the Undertaker and Viscera jumped Kane before the match
X-Pac pinned Billy Gunn at 12:00 after stepping out of the way of the Fameasser

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Artelier posted:

The Rock Bottom might not logically be more powerful than the AA, but it sure looks like it to me, because of the way it's done. Cena's letting go motion for the AA is smooth, making it look soft to my eyes even though the guy is clearly high up in the air and flipping around. The Rock grabs the guy, lifts him up, and holds on while throwing him down, clearly doubling the damage. It makes sense. :colbert:

I think there's also not a lot of opportunity to make the fall down look like it has extra impact because of the way it's done. Most of their body is way away from Cena's when they actually hit the mat, so he can't do something like use his other arm to make it seem like there's extra impact on their lower back (where the velocity would be the greatest)

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I've always heard that they were trying to do a genuine cross-promotion.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hellblazer187 posted:

How would it even be possible to gently caress up a Rock Bottom?

If you did it into a wood chipper, obviously

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

This article should help you understand. In short, Mr. rear end was saying "I cannot even be bothered to objectify the asses of women when mine is so desirable."

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

On the one hand, the Velveteen Dream is the only time NXT has produced someone who can be called a home-grown success.

On the other, he's the motherfucking VELVETEEN DREAM and that's worth like five regular dudes.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Roman didn't have any non-WWE background and he's one of the most hated heels of all time, that's gotta count for something, right?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What about MOJO RAWLEY

If they're signing him to a new contract he must be good, right?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Benne posted:

Don't know about the sexual predator stuff but he's an MRA chud which is bad enough

If an MRA isn't an actual predator that just means he hasn't seen an opportunity yet.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The first heel I cheered was the Million Dollar Man because I thought he looked like my uncle. Weird, I know.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

NikkolasKing posted:

Related: do you guys think Jeff could have been The Guy? Could he have been Cena-level or even beyond?

I think a Victory Road 2011 situation is inevitable for anyone who puts Jeff Hardy in a marquee position. Beyond concerns with his mic work or how one-dimensional he is as a worker, that dude loves drugs WAAAAAY too much.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Didn't that make him piss muscle fibers?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wait I thought the H in Triple H stood for "homo"

Did Brett Heart lie to me?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hoodslam rules

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

fart blood posted:

Here’s a wrestling question:

Why do I read Reddit? This here is the stupidest post I’ve ever seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/cnjmfn/whats_the_biggest_wrestling_promotion_after_wwe/

Reddit also gave us that post about Baron Corbin, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan forming a biker gang called The Lone Wolves

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ShootaBoy posted:

Lmao, really?

Yeah the post got deleted but fortunately someone quoted it here.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3622495&pagenumber=199&perpage=40#post474892144

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"THE BIG DOG"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Are we forgetting about our fellow Going, KANE????

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Drew McIntyre posted:

i've heard rumors that Owen intentionally released the harness, as the final ultimate pranking of both Vince and his brother.

But how is Kevin Sullivan connected?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gumball Gumption posted:

Isn't that how boxing refs also dress?

Vince loves him some boxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

LividLiquid posted:

Nobody remembers The One Billy Gunn with his gold trunks and Billy and Chuck is only a footnote in history because they god a GLAAD award for having a gay tag team and then subsequently revealed they were only pretending to be gay for attention.

I will always remember the segment where they revealed it was a stunt and Billy said "If I was gay, Chuck, I'd probably marry you." And the crowd cheered. It was a surreal moment.