Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Several years ago I saw a picture of Triple H (presumably before a PPV event or RAW) and he was eating a loving humongous PBJ. Lurking around here I've seen references of Triple H "being too busy eating PBJ" to do (insert task here). Is that phrase a reference to that particular picture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Tonfa posted:

Internet turning on Ryder is a sad display of just how much the WWE controls even "smark" reactions with their booking. If you think the brawling -> boot -> rough ryder formula match they've given Zack on Raw is the best he can do you should go watch some ECW matches.

I was about to post something similar. I'd blow my load if he busted out the Tiger bomb again.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

This is more or less because as soon as Stephanie found and fired the writer who was talking to Meltzer and whatever other place, all of the juicy news dried up immediately.

It seems like now the only time we hear stuff is if a wrestler is about to get fired.

Ah, yes. Dave Lagana.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Jeff Hardy kept no-showing PPVs for TNA, claiming he "missed his flight" a lot of the time.

One of his no-shows was because he lost his pet snake.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Is there a master list of old PPV threads? Was wanting to look at the SummerSlam 2010 thread for some reason, but can't seem to find it.

I'll look more later tonight if time permits, but I'm pretty sure the Summerfest 2010 thread is linked somewhere in this thread.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

keevo posted:

How was Eugene allowed to do the Stunner/Rock Bottom/People's Elbow as finishers? Was Stone Cold and The Rock cool with it or was it never an issue?

He didn't know better.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I was at a show for the UWF promotion or whatever it was that Hermie Sadler ran back in 2007. Corino was there, and I heard him tell someone that every morning that GLF wakes up the world is a worse place.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Unfortunately I don't think it's the kind of thing you can teach in a setting like NXT.

If it was something you couldn't teach Enzo and Big Cass would have told us already.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

dsriggs posted:

I thought The Dunn Cutaway was the name for when, mid-backstage-promo, they cut to a ringside shot of the crowd watching the Titantron. Because wrestling fans are too stupid to work out that people in the arena are watching on a screen too, apparently.

That is by far my least favorite camera cut.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Benne posted:

I thought I heard something about him scouting talent on the indies, but don't quote me on that

IIRC he attended a PWG show as a fan and that was warped into "Brad Maddox is a talent scout"

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Sub Rosa posted:

I can't comprehend why they aren't concerned, though.

They probably assume that the average released performer won't have the funds to fight them in court. They're not all making Punk/Del Rio money.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I know I mentioned this last week, but peak TNA was when they had Hernandez cash in his Feast or Fired World title briefcase on a four way match, thus making it a 5-way.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

oatgan posted:

Halloween Jack do you wipe your rear end with towels

I did once

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Rose's actual ring gear was a ripoff of Hollywood Hogan so I'd say nobody really cares.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Alouicious posted:

Wasn't there a rumor of them bringing in Luke Gallows as a third brother before he was Luke Gallows.

e: maybe that rumor was because he was Fake Kane, idk

Yeah, he was supposed to eventually be revealed as the Good Brother of Destruction

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Perry Normal posted:

Back to great ladder matches, I always thought the match that exploded Joey Mercury's face was really fun. I liked London and Kendrick's philosophy towards this sort of match - "we're not going to build a loving jungle gym, if we're setting up a ladder it's to climb it and win the match."

I also think that William Regal and Dave Taylor pulled off the 'R-TRUTH IS AFRAID OF HEIGHTS MAGGLE" bit really well in that match.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

The worst ladder match I've ever seen was CM Punk vs Chris Hero in their 55 minute TLC match from IWA MS. It is the worst example of indie excess I can think of. It just keeps going and going with dumb spots and an arena not set up for a ladder match.

Is that the one where Punk broke his skull?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

The_Master posted:

Triple H and Kevin Nash apparently had a Sledgehammer Ladder match in 2011. I haven't seen it, but I can't imagine a ladder match with two middle aged guys whose quads have the stability of water balloons would be all that great.

It was so bad that I forgot I had paid for that PPV

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Dr. rear end posted:

There used to be a faction called The Shield, made up of Seth Rollins (half blonde flippy dude, current champion), Dean Ambrose (hunched over crazy guy), and Roman Reigns (very handsome Samoan man the crowd will hate). After feuding with the Authority (think the McMahon-Helmsley regime), which lost its biggest muscle, Triple H revealed that he convinced Rollins to turn on the Shield. Rollins was then helped to win Money in the Bank, a contract that guarantees a title match at any time, no matter how inconvenient to the champion. Rollins held onto the contract until Wrestlemania, when he cashed it in near the end of the title match between Brock Lesnar (who you've no doubt heard of by now) and Reigns. Rollins won the title and now has a huge target on his back.

Randy Orton, Triple H's former protege, had beaten Rollins earlier that day and still has a lot of beef with him over their time together in the Authority. He is the #1 contender to the title, in part because 1) Lesnar works part-time and was kayfabe suspended, and 2) the crowds still loving hate Roman Reigns. Think Rocky Maivia. Rollins will undoubtedly use a lot of hired goons to gently caress with Orton, namely Kane and Big Show (yes, they're still around) and J&J Security (former wrestlers Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble).

John Cena has been The Guy in WWE since 2005, but has since taken a bit of a demotion to the United States Championship. He doesn't have a huge storyline right now (save for an upcoming PPV match) but has sworn to put his title on the line every week. You'll probably see him wrestle a midcarder and make him look like a million bucks.

Daniel Bryan is a perennial fan favorite who won the top championship at Wrestlemania last year in a hugely cathartic moment. WWE chooses to forget that this ever happened and now he's the Intercontinental Champion. He's going to have a great match with whomever they pair him up with and the crowd will go bonkers.

There's suddenly a whole bunch going on in the tag team division, led by current champions Tyson Kidd and Cesaro (who are awesome and accompanied by Jim Neidhart's daughter) and getting a breath of fresh air from teams like the Lucha Dragons (recent developmental call-ups, one of whom is loving fantastic), the New Day (an attempt at making a family-friendly Nation of Domination, which backfired miserably), the Ascension, and the Prime Time Players.

The women's division is a mess and there will be a battle royale to determine the #1 contender to the Divas' Championship (yes, Divas). The only ones you're really supposed to care about right now are Paige (the really pale one) and Naomi (the black one with the huge rear end, which she will more than likely use to attack others).

The Miz is a former Road Rules contestant who worked his way into the WWE and even a Wrestlemania main event (let's not talk about that). He's recently starred in the third sequel to WWE's awful The Marine film series and has since acted like that makes him a huge movie star, even enlisting a beardy man named Damien Sandow to be his stunt double. Sandow changed his name to Mizdow and pantomimed Miz's actions in the ring. Mizdow eventually grew tired of being treated like poo poo and turned on Miz, and I have no idea where they're going with this now. This has been going on for several months.

Sheamus is the huge and extremely pale Irishman with a stupid mohawk and beads in his beard. He's going to kick someone's face off.

you forgot to mention Roman Reigns' shameful back

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
TBF had they brought Bryan back after the Rumble the Reigns backlash wouldn't have been nearly as bad.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Gonzo McFee posted:

The audience would have probably just been expecting Daniel Bryan to be a surprise entrant.

A retirement angle at that point would have been believable.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

I just remembered that Fandango beat Chris Jericho at a Wrestlemania haha

What they even do with Fandango immediately after that? What was his next program?

He was supposed to win the Intercontinental Championship before he suffered a concussion

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Web Jew.0 posted:

Smarky crowd. Rey was also booed in the WM22 title match (vs Angle and Orton), and that time they were in Europe a couple years ago.

He also got booed at one of the One Night Stand PPVs when he tried to pander to the ECW crowd.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think wwe would be wary about supporting anti-bullying campaigns and letting their heels rip up a child's sign. seems like something they'd decide at least

Didn't Del Rio doing that to some kid's sign make TMZ a while back?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Biggest human being Ever posted:

I started watching after Wrestlemania 30 and I wanna check it out, are any of the Raws before it required viewing? I know the build happens between the Rumble and Mania but I'd rather not watch all 10 Raws.

I would at least watch the go-home show.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Wasn't Gallows supposed to be revealed as a 3rd brother of destruction?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
What does Rod McMahon look like?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

"Your pet went to live on a farm upstate" is an age-old cliche. Somehow "Daniel Bryan went to live on a farm" got corrupted to "Daniel Bryan is a farm". I'm not sure how, but it's one of those things you come to accept in PSP, like how CM Punk is an anime.

Though to be fair, that's because CM Punk said "I'm an anime"

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm going to the Smackdown taping next Tuesday, do they tape anything before or after the show? Unfortunately my seats aren't on the hard cam, I will have to live with this shame forever.

Main Event which was actually pretty fun this week

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Seams posted:

Then you'll love the Dubstep Cowboys in NXT. One of them is even named Buddy!

Didn't Blake and Murphy lose their first names?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

spongeh posted:

i don't even remember what their first names are without thinking about it a bunch. wesley and buddy or something?

Yeah, Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy

Smoking Crow posted:

It was near the end of Eddie's life and he couldn't go like he used to, so he misses spots and looks out of place

I thought the story was that he didn't want to lose since he was in the middle of the hot Mysterio angle and he threw a fit that Benoit had to stiff him out of.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Smoking Crow posted:

I thought that health played a part in it since he died 5 months later

It very well could have played a part, but I thought I'd heard about him having a tantrum backstage. That was 10 years ago though, so I could be wrong.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
If that is sober Jeff Hardy, someone needs to give him the pipe again.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
I think the rights to most of Jimmy Hart's themes aren't owned by WWE. Same with the production music.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
What was the general reaction to NXT Redemption around these parts? I'm referring to after they ditched the elimination aspect and it became the Derrick Bateman/Johnny Curtis/Maxine/Kaitlyn/Gatecrashes variety hour.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Isn't he heavily involved in PWT?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

sticklefifer posted:

It was pretty good, actually. The whole BateMax thing was goofy fun, there was some good pre-Primetime Players stuff, and Johnny Curtis being a ridiculous creep never got old. Pretty much everyone loves the infamous chloroform gag.

I also kind of had a soft spot for the Midcard Mafia (Reks & Hawkins' unofficial name). They were surprisingly entertaining in a lot of segments, but never really got a fair shake.

I loved Redemption. Around that time it was the only wrestling I was going out of my way to watch every week. I'd catch up on clips of other noteworthy things.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Dr. rear end posted:

well no, what about when Edge-- oh uh when Rob Van D-- uhhhh how about Rey Mys-- hey Booker T got his first WWE world title when he was King B-- okay how about the Great Kha-- maybe when Jeff H-- fuuuuuuuck

Jeff Hardy won the WWE Championship in a triple threat against HHH and Edge at Armageddon in 2008.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Wasn't that the Smackdown title at the time?

Oops you're right. I always just think of the big gold belt when someone says SmackDown title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

MotU posted:

bad posters couldn't get out of developmental, had to cut em

clearly trained by Sara Del Rey