Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

quote:

Saving entire albums to 'My Music' no longer works correctly

Does anyone know what this means?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

inSTAALed posted:

dont use the your music feature it is lovely and bad

just use the starred list like you used to, it doesn't have a max limit and is essentially the exact same thing

i still dont understand why they created the your music thing when starring already existed

Probably because normal people prefer browsing their music collection in some format other than a 20,000-row spreadsheet

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Apple Music does not include the entire iTunes library. The Apple Music catalog is advertised as containing over 30 million songs and the iTunes store catalog as containing over 43 million. It probably won't be much different from Spotify/Rdio/Beats' catalogs, with the exception of whatever artist exclusives Apple has managed to lock down.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

LmaoTheKid posted:

My favorite spotify feature is the three dots when I'm in an area with bad reception and I can't play any music for 5-10 mins. Really awesome IMO.

My favorite is when it decides to reset all of my offline music and erase everything I had downloaded. I love being surprised!

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Honestly the main reason I'm pumped about Apple Music is because nobody else seems to be able to code an app that isn't stupid and lovely in some way. I would much rather use iOS' Music app than Spotify or Rdio, but I don't have the time or patience anymore to curate a huge MP3 collection.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
The 3.4.0 iOS update hosed alphabetical album sorting for me. Sorting by title or artist in the Albums section of Your Music is a total mess. poo poo is all out of order. Nice job loving this up on the eve of Apple Music.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Friends Are Evil posted:

Ugh, guess I just have to wait it out until Apple gets their poo poo together and puts out the 64-bit version.

For what it's worth, the iOS version is very nice. Design's a little dire, but it's way easier to use than Spotify.

Yeah, I'm into it. One thing that threw me off at the beginning is that, for some reason, in order to stream over cellular, you have to have "Automatic downloads" turned on in the "iTunes & App Store" section of Settings. Once I got that sorted out it was smooth sailing.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

GTO posted:

What, does it sound better in 64 bits or something? Most apps are still 32 bit right?

32-bit iTunes doesn't work on 64-bit systems, which almost everyone has now. Pretty ridiculous that they didn't make sure their software would be ready in time for the launch.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
heh. zune

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

i was reloading posted:

Are any of you switching to Apple Music? I've been a loyal Spotify user for years and I love it to bits, however this Apple Music looks pretty promising.

I cancelled my Spotify sub and intend to stick with Apple Music for at least the duration of the trial period. It's kinda janky right now, at least in my experience, but I figure three months is plenty of time for Apple to tighten things up.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

The rear end Stooge posted:

The 3.4.0 iOS update hosed alphabetical album sorting for me. Sorting by title or artist in the Albums section of Your Music is a total mess. poo poo is all out of order. Nice job loving this up on the eve of Apple Music.

This is still happening to me and the only response I've been able to get out of their support team is that it was an intentional change. What the gently caress? How could this be what anyone wanted to happen?

Anyone else seeing this?

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Paper With Lines posted:

I don't have that particular problem though a lot of the music is from the same genre. Could it be possible that you're a fan of a very specific or small genre?

I will have you know that blackened grindgaze has an extensive and storied history

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I also switched back to Spotify from Apple Music the other day. As much as I love the seamless integration of my own MP3s with my cloud library, the whole app just doesn't work well enough for me to commit to it. Songs randomly pausing after being started (or not starting at all), offline songs cutting out partway through, refusing to add songs to my library because it thinks they're duplicates... maybe I'll come back in a few months and see if they've improved things, but for now I'm done.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Mierenneuker posted:

Upgrade, new album, notifications, inbox, profile, menu. Not minimize, windowed and exit, those still work.

It all works fine for me. Spotify 10.15, OS X 10.11.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I've switched from iPhone to Android since Apple Music launched; I wasn't too impressed with it on my iPhone at the very start but I'll give it another shot once the Android app is out (honestly surprised it isn't already). If they've fixed the issue where you can't add tracks to your library because it thinks they're duplicates of something already there (like if you add a live album after adding the studio albums containing the same songs), I'll probably stick with it for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

They're saying that using Spotify in offline mode hurts the accuracy of the Year on Music thing because their listening history isn't being recorded.

• Locked thread