Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Cakefool posted:

I want an engine where each part is labelled like this.

Every single part :colbert:

Build-by-number kits available soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

IOwnCalculus posted:

I would have given up ages ago.

Some drop cross-members to remember; others drop cross-members to forget. :patriot:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Hermaphrodite posted:

This is my favorite picture of this whole thread.

Anthropomorphism aside, you can just see it screaming.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

14 INCH DICK TURBO posted:

Chiming in that I'm on flat rate and I get paid for meetings. Dakota was an 03, got it all torn apart today in tome for the owner to call back that he changed his mind :(

I'd pay for your flat rate too. Whatcha think about Swedes? :circlefap:

Some of the most qualified people I've run into are doing a poo poo job at a local station - hell, or local Saab/Volvo guru was working at a 76 40 years ago.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

meatpimp posted:

Next VW fad. Callin' it here.

"Yeah I patina'd my car so hard it made itself hella-rust-flush." :suicide:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

MikeyTsi posted:

Someone doesn't watch South Park, apparently.

In before McFarlaine/SP rant by Motronic.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Is it sad that I probably see this working to some degree?

zoom, zoom, enhance, enhance.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

heat posted:

What kind of cheap rear end UPS doesn't tell you when the battery is hosed?

What kind of cheap rear end job do you have that they still set you in the server closet?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Breast Pussy posted:

Even if your car is running fine you still check the fluids every now and then right? Somebody should be checking the UPSs every once in a while too. No need to live with the server.

Usually this stuff can be monitored remotely, or locally via USB or serial interfaces, but I assume that they didn't bother hooking any of that crap up, and unless you're in there long enough to get an audible warning, or just happen to check it, you'd never know.

Yeah, it was bad management, but it likely wasn't intentional.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
I wouldn't call it horrible, but it is a failure..

Other half is still stuck in the trunk. Too hot outside to dick with it now, and the nosy neighbors are home today.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I lucked out and got a key out of my dad's old Toyota pickup with a bunch of WD-40, a dentist pick, and a harddrive magnet.

I'll have to try this. Since it ATE the drat thing when trying to gently rock it back and forth, I'm not praying for the sweet key release of death. At least I can still unlock the drat thing.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

wolrah posted:

I can only imagine that placement didn't do good things for the life of the spare.

When a cars' lifespan was generally considered to be 20,000 miles..

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Bang Me Please posted:

If its just sitting there posing for pictures like that you should be perfectly safe in removing the valve core.

B.b.b.b.but the dramatic change in pressure make cause it to become weaker!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

some texas redneck posted:

I have no idea if it's ever been replaced. I just know I've owned it for less than 3 years, and it has a very questionable history prior to my running across it. It's certainly been in a couple of small mishaps.

Still waiting for you to drive it for a stretch long enough to have a mishap.. like, out of the car park? :w00t:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Dr 14 INCH DICK Md posted:

Thats uh, total per cylinder :v:

Sleeve 'em with leftover DMD cans. It'll be fine.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Ya know, Meatpimp, it's time for you to graduate above Ad Hominem..

It's kind of hard to tell sometimes if Motronic is serious, but most of the time he is giving useful information so it really tips the scales.

It's universally accepted that many filters are crap, and the fact that WIX does do many OEM filters for :siren: turbocharged European vehicles :siren: makes me believe they're at least trustworthy enough through the warranty period.

Just because FRAM (and Pennzoil) is chosen at Wal-Mart and JiffyLube doesn't make it worthwhile.. but hey, you saved $20 over buying something better, right?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

CommieGIR posted:

I use K&N oil filters, but stock air filters.

Why can't they make a good cabin filter with a waft of vanilla, anyhow?

sharkytm posted:

And Pennzoil platinum is darn good oil.

I have a graph made that shows that Rotella is truly the best, cheapest oil. Granted, a buddy did it and he just seems to change oil every 2,000 miles at random, but this is what Blackstone had to sa...

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
I buy my clothes, oil filters, oil, and groceries from the same shop. It's convenient and I don't need to get a jump to the other side of the lot.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Carteret posted:

Buy a car with a Cartridge oil filter. Problem solved! :smug:

Do you get the OEM, or the WIX branded ones? :allears:

They all feel the same to my penis.

Viggen fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 30, 2012

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I am literally buying a 26 year old Mercedes 300 on Saturday in order to drive long distances. It's in pretty good shape!

If I see you on the side of 395, I'll pull over so you can use my phone. :v:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
It bends over the small hoses and eventually causes them to weep.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

ultimateforce posted:

I get extremely paranoid when the temp needle goes a single millimeter above "normal."

You'd be happy with a GM. They're just dummy gauges in the recent ones. By the time they go over 'middle', your head is (likely) already warped. They work real well for finding stuck-open thermostats, though.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

jammyozzy posted:

What on earth is that dash even made of? It looks like a cheap kitchen counter.

Close, but it was likely the same cast as Washing Machine innards.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

General_Failure posted:

Remember I posted the house with the collapsed aerial? It's getting fixed, or possibly removed today!

No wonder it's been silent recently..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGrXD-WHDrE

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Slavvy posted:

Toyota yaris/vitz had a safety recall out for the seatbelt pretensioner setting fire to the sound deadening foam at the bottom of the B pillar in a crash. The fix was to just take the foam out and throw it away.

The last-before-final generation Saab 95 had plastic covers on the A pillars that could hurt in the event of an accident. They replaced them with headliner material covered pillars. :effort:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

cursedshitbox posted:

You know its loving bad when the brits don't even know their own pinout.

I remember when AI was teasing me about being a masochist. I've had to ohm out poo poo before, but, uh, usually anything that wasn't messed up by a PO at least pinned out properly.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
but i plug MY car into the wall and that produces no emissions :smug:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

I take it you've never been cut off by a semi, then? Had one simply decide it was coming into my lane, no signal, and I had to slow down to dot get sideswiped by the trailer. The only thing that saved my rear end is that there was no one behind me, considering I had to go from 10 over to 10 under in the fast lane with literally ZERO warning.

I had this happen once on a really ugly road and ended up having to make a third lane out of two. Turbo kicked in and I got the gently caress around, and didn't really get the adrenaline fail until after I got home nearly an hour later.

Most truckers are fairly sane (excepting Walmart branded tractors).

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Sure, it's staged.. but I KNOW THESE PEOPLE *

* I'm related to them. :suicide:

Image Macro abuse (C) STR

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Raluek posted:

I'd call it a 4-door hardtop? But you might qualify for being called a coupe with a small enough interior volume. Can you have a 4-door coupe if it's small enough?

E: But the windows aren't frameless. Hmm. Not sure if a hardtop can have framed windows?

:ssh: It also only has a single suicide door on the drivers' side.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Raluek posted:

Hmm. I thought when he said "rear doors" that it meant two of them. I dunno then :shobon:

He was being linguistically evasive, because the sedan version DOES have four doors. :q:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

some texas redneck posted:

You're thinking of the 01-02 SC2

I didn't know yours came with perforated tabs for the other side. v:v:v

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

D C posted:

Like anyone who drives a Saturn ever has that problem...

When you are jerking really hard, and the seatbelt has been in the sun - that poo poo can burn!

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

CarForumPoster posted:

A market that thinks: "I want a wheel that's heavier than my current wheel without good reason."

Add a rusted hood, and some "illest" stickers, and you've got yourself a Polo/Jetta owner.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Carbon fiber weave belted radials.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
So, the toe line is that 6" test on the left, right? :v:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
How many hours does it take to get onto the field?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Someone call GM, I hear they need an update for their 54°.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Root Bear posted:

Nope, nothing out of the ordinary here:

ABS took a poo poo. Its not that big of a deal to fix, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

That tire is perfectly fine if it is hanging off the back of a custom van!