Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I just said "gently caress it" and and put $1000 into GME at the $88 dip. By the time I entered my info, it was at $105, lol godamnit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Aruan posted:

i have 3 shares I bought at $77 and have no idea when to sell because this is insanity. i think maybe midday Friday?

I have just a handful of shares and I set a limit sell for $149 for half of them. I wasn't really expecting it to trigger today but 3... 2... 1...

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

I've set my sell limit to $900.

Just set my last 5 shares to sell at $666

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
When I was throwing some yolo bucks at GME the other day, I briefly surveyed the meme stocks and threw in a couple shared of BB. And then I was like, how about a few AMC? Nahh...

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Oh, annoying. I sold 1 share of GME this morning at 300, and then afterwards vanguard was down/loading slowly. Turns out my sell never went through at all?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Vanguard is just telling me that "portions of our site are unavailable right now" and I can't trade anything and I have a $0 balance.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Ok so I'm probably an idiot, but how do you set both a Stop (for if the bottom drops out) and a limit sell (so I can automatically cash in on a boost) on Vanguard. I have 4 shares left, which I have a limit sell order up for $990. If I try to also set a stop order, it tells me "This order cannot be accepted because you have other open sell orders for this security. If all of these were to execute, the result would be a short position in this account."

Clearly there is the stop-limit option, but that seems to only be for more control over a stop, not for also selling high if that were to occur, but again, idiot here.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Cancelled my BB $25 sell just before it triggered. Guess I'm in for the ride.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
So I’m out of GME except my one remaining novelty share. I kind of feel like throwing it into AAPL instead of back into my index fund (where 95% of my money still is). Good idea/ bad idea?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I made $1200 on 14 shares of GME, just cautiously selling on the rise as we went along until I got stop lossed during the robinhood ban crash, not too shabby. Broke even on AMC.

Bought BB for $18, set a limit sell for $25. When BB was $24.90 I told my buddy "cancelling my limit, I'll be sad if this goes crazy like GME and not as sad if I lose a bit". It then promptly went to $28 and then cratered as we all can see. Oh well.

Considering buying back into AMC.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why is TESLA worth so much?

:iiam:

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
drat where were you guys on SAVA when I was yolo buying NDRA solely on the advice of internet strangers.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
So the top address for Doge has 36 BILLION Doge in it.

How many of those could actually be unloaded before the price tanked to nothing?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Aruan posted:

every single one of the top addresses is slowly dumping doge every day. you see it run up and then drop on the dumps.

Yeah sell a million Doge here a million there, sure.

The question is can you sell a billion Doge.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
So I'm out of my AMC position, but why is it tanking so much compared to the other meme stocks?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

I bought more. Sorry.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I set a sell limit for AMC at 6.24, representing a massive 1 cent per share profit.

It bounced off 6.23 and went back down.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Lol glad to be out.

Now everyone else get in because clearly now it's gonna moon.

Ima buy like half a share of Amazon and call it a day for the next 10 years or so.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
When the GME stuff was popping off I told my buddy “if you want another big gamble try SNDL” and it was about $.50 at the time.

I then declined to buy any myself, so you are welcome everyone.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I mean it has so far only recovered to where it was a month ago, so it’s not like some unprecedented rocket.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Jesus SCKT

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Too Many Birds posted:

i put in $20 two weeks ago and i have $28 now.

Got me beat, I earned $7 in AAPL dividends

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

I think I'm understanding when it's better to buy and when it's better to sell now.

I, too, have a process for this. I call it “guessing.”

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Yomofo717 posted:

I think today is a good day to buy PLTR. My friend suggested waiting till around 11:00-12:00 to buy instead of 1st thing in the morning. He claims that stocks usually go up 1st thing in the morning when the markets open, but around mid day, people go to lunch and volume goes down and so does the price. Then there's usually a 2nd wind late in the day. Any truth to this?

If he actually believed this he would just set up a bunch of automations to sell a whole market index every day in the morning when stocks go up and buy at 11:30 when they go down. Sure, some days it wouldn’t follow the pattern, but on average he would make bank.

He is doing this and is a millionaire right?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

GABA ghoul posted:

How do you explain this money to the authorities/IRS though? How likely is it that someone comes investigating if you just declare it as capital gains or income or whatever and then you get into a whole legal quagmire trying to prove that source of the bitcoins?

Why would you need to explain anything? It’s not illegal to own or sell bitcoins. You just pay the taxes and go on your way.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Stocks are down? Isnt everyone all in on AMC?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Ive had my single GME share that i held onto for hits and giggles set to sell with a $90 limit since the day it crossed under that.

Filled for a $1 profit, lol.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
So I'm watching some live level 2 charts on youtube. Is it weird that the order book for GME isn't even full most of the time? Sometimes it seems like there are only 15 orders on the bid, although it's fluctuating a ton as things go on and off and the price keeps moving.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

DapperDraculaDeer posted:

So is that what this technical analysis thing Ive heard so much about looks like in action?

Figure 1 – Bart Simpson Pattern on Price Chart

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

As this highly scientific study shows, nothing even comes close to Mario: https://www.theringer.com/2021/2/27/22304513/best-video-game-character-bracket-final-results-mario-link

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

reignofevil posted:

Well what this tells me is Tony Hawk is severely underpriced for his name recognition and I think he could be a good value play.

You’re too late. Somebody already said “hey, THPS was crazy popular right? What if we just remaster the first two games and rerelease it?” and then it sold a million plus copies almost immediatly.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Space Fish posted:

Tried buying the dip on NDRA when it hit 2.00, then it pranced away giggling two cents at a time until I raised my limit buy to 2.10.

You did better than me. I set a limit for 1.9 and saw it stop at 2. Then it started to go up again and i changed to 2.01 to try to catch another dip, then 2.1, then 2.15, then finally said gently caress it and put in a market buy at 2.19. I could have easily just bought at 2.05. I am not a smart man.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

jeeves posted:

NDRA: welp

And we’re back to where i could have just let my limit buys ride and picked it up for 2

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
So is whats happening with EYES a reasonable expectation model for NDRA if they get FDA approval?

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Please instruct me to make a million dollars and quit my job. I'm willing to wait as long as a week.

That’s easy. Just put $20,000,000 into NDRA and wait a day or two for an upward fluctuation.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I’d like to cash out on NDRA so I can buy back in when it goes back to 2, but I know the instant I do that the FDA is going to come through and it will immediately skyrocket.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

TheParadigm posted:

Does anyone have experience with options through Vanguard? Is it easy or hard?

When I tried to see if I could get options enabled, i clicked the link to go to the application form, and it didn’t actually exist.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
So how concerned are we that the CEO, CFO and CCO of NDRA sold off huge chunks of their personal holdings for less than a dollar in Dec/Jan?

http://openinsider.com/search?q=ndra

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Just sold my 1000 shares of NDRA at $2.75.

Wave to me from the moon, you bastards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
Damnit NDRA, you were doing so well trending downward so I could rebuy you, stop going up.