Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Since it's a niche vehicle I highly doubt a full update in anything less than six years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new Z. Nissan can still probably make a good car they just choose not to.

It's kinda hard to get excited about the Z for me given how dull they've been the last 20 years.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
It might not seem like a new car but it is being built this year so damnit it's a new car

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...9e413aaae239c93

The DB5 Continuation

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It might not seem like a new car but it is being built this year so damnit it's a new car

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...9e413aaae239c93

The DB5 Continuation

quote:

For all the James Bond fans out there and super-spy wannabes, the DB5s will come with Q’s gadgets featured on the car in the 1964 film Goldfinger.

This includes rear smoke screen, rear simulated oil slick, revolving number plates, fake machine guns and tyre slashers.

Inside there is a simulated radar screen, driver’s door mounted phone, gearshift-mounted firing button among others.

However, there is a catch. Aston Martin is only building 25 examples and each costs £2.75m ($5.1m) plus taxes and the British government won’t be picking up the bill for this one.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Russian Bear posted:

An electric stinger with like ~250mi of range would be awesome.

I would have loved if my Stinger was just as fast but all electric, even if it only had like 200 mi range. But of course then I wouldn't have been able to afford it. Something tells me if the sales aren't stellar on something that was already a low volume car and one of the most expensive Kia's, making it electric might be a bad move. On the other hand my wife drives my 2012 Optima SX and we were thinking once the 10 year warranty is up maybe replace it with an EV Niro, but MSRP still seems too expensive for what you get.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

LeeMajors posted:

Come Undone slaps and ill not hear a bad word about it. Also lots of their other poo poo, but especially Come Undone.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Strap me in a FD and have that play.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

davebo posted:

I would have loved if my Stinger was just as fast but all electric, even if it only had like 200 mi range. But of course then I wouldn't have been able to afford it. Something tells me if the sales aren't stellar on something that was already a low volume car and one of the most expensive Kia's, making it electric might be a bad move. On the other hand my wife drives my 2012 Optima SX and we were thinking once the 10 year warranty is up maybe replace it with an EV Niro, but MSRP still seems too expensive for what you get.

How has your Stinger treated you so far? Any problems?

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

davebo posted:

All the 200+ range EVs seem to the in the 40-45k range, which would be reasonable for an EV stinger, maybe 50k fully optioned. The base model stinger is only 33k. Do you need a whole bunch of range in your EV for the daily driving? How about a Hyundai Ioniq EV?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Kraftwerk posted:

How has your Stinger treated you so far? Any problems?
It's been great but between me living three miles from where I usually work and barely driving at all since the lockdown I've put less than 8k miles on it in over two years.

Russian Bear posted:

All the 200+ range EVs seem to the in the 40-45k range, which would be reasonable for an EV stinger, maybe 50k fully optioned. The base model stinger is only 33k. Do you need a whole bunch of range in your EV for the daily driving? How about a Hyundai Ioniq EV?

50k fully optioned is what the Stinger already is, so adding EV on top of that would drive it up even higher. If you're talking about making an EV Stinger that's comparable to a base model performance be EV and cost $50k I.... don't think that would sell well? At that point they should just make an AWD EV Optima without the expection of being a fast car and a little roomier in the back seat.
I definitely don't need a big range, and I tend to keep cars for 10+ years so even if the Stinger went EV soon I wouldn't be in the market. My wife has a longer commute but for whatever stupid reason wants an SUV she doesn't need, so the shape of the Niro would be the compromise to make as it's more of a large wagon. The Ioniq simply doesn't have the space that Americans think they need once they have a single child and also SUV's help you magically see through all the other gargantuan SUV's you're stuck behind in traffic.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://www.instagram.com/p/CA3KOh8pa5W/

Leaked ad for the new 4 series.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Buck toothed Bimmer

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
More of the Acura instead, please. BMW has obviously gone blind

ThinkFear
Sep 15, 2007

BMW source material:

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
I think I've been desensitized to that grille after seeing it so many times - I was definitely horrified the first time I saw it, but looking at that ad, it doesn't really bother me anymore. Am I the only one?

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

I'd be surprised if anyone *loves* that grille.

Like the Lexus grille, people will just put up with it.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

I do not like it, but it may at least look 'okay' when you aren't on the ground staring straight in to it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

sunaurus posted:

I think I've been desensitized to that grille after seeing it so many times - I was definitely horrified the first time I saw it, but looking at that ad, it doesn't really bother me anymore. Am I the only one?

It's because that plate covers up a lot of it I think.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
It's very Edsel like

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Trash rear end grille goddamn

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

smooth jazz posted:

I'd be surprised if anyone *loves* that grille.

Like the Lexus grille, people will just put up with it.

Well at least with Lexus you get a car that's reliable after the warranty is over

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Well at least with Lexus you get a car that's reliable after the warranty is over

:hmmyes:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I've always liked the Lexus grill, it just doesn't look good A) grafted on huge SUVs from the previous generation with no other changes and B) in 2d photos, it needs to be seen in real life.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

They are trying to mash up the old grills from the 30s and now... it's not really working. It will probably look better without a front plate.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Lexus for finance, BMW for lease

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wheeee posted:

Lexus for finance, BMW never

Honestly, thats what it is becoming.

Remember when BMW entire line up was good looking? How far they have fallen. Hell the Bangle cars look so much better than the crap they are spewing out now

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'll go out and say that I think the Lexus RC is a pretty car.

I borrowed a 90's LS once and it was absolutely luxurious.
vvvvvvv

Full Collapse fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 1, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Wheeee posted:

Lexus for finance, BMW for lease

Also Lexus for good high mileage cheap used cars :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hell the Bangle cars look so much better than the crap they are spewing out now

The Z4 Coupe is one of the best looking BMWs ever made imo

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Guys, that Instagram post is a parody right?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Also Lexus for good high mileage cheap used cars :v:

:hai:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

More of the brochure

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

At least it can come in green. :shobon:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mr. Apollo posted:

More of the brochure

Silhouette is loving great and I do like the colors like ^^ said but goddamn that grille is a total abortion to the holocaust-th power.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Silhouette is loving great and I do like the colors like ^^ said but goddamn that grille is a total abortion to the holocaust-th power.

Seriously. It’s 90% great, and then you see the grille.

Also, add me to the “Lexus grille is good on vehicles that were designed with it in mind” camp.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

TheMadMilkman posted:

Seriously. It’s 90% great, and then you see the grille.

Also, add me to the “Lexus grille is good on vehicles that were designed with it in mind” camp.

I think if they'd hit the front end with something more like the Z8

it would've been pure sex. What a loving waste.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

drat I was hoping it was a joke. One of the first front end designs I can honestly call loving atrocious.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Lexus LC500 is one of the most beautiful cars on the road today.

That 4 series side profile is very nice, it doesn't look like a mustang anymore.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Minto Took posted:

At least it can come in green. :shobon:

2 blacks, 3 whites, 4 greys, 4 blues, orange and green. No red??

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

The side angle in the brochure makes it look like the grille is slightly forward raked. If that's actually the case that will look much better in person in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

The BMW looks good and the grille is completely fine