Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Everything ended happy and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way :allears:

I'm glad they are just not giving a poo poo about the mainland. They had no business there and this was wrapped up in a really nice way.
You took the words out of my mouth. It was a nice and satisfying ending with some really pretty art.

Irene lives, I expected her to be dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Darth TNT posted:

You took the words out of my mouth. It was a nice and satisfying ending with some really pretty art.

Irene lives, I expected her to be dead.

It's been a long time what was the fan theory on her?

All I remember is Irene comically cutting off her own arm and giving it to Clair then someone showing up to meet her.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

all those fan theories about Ilena were right

What theories about Ilena? She orchestrated Clare getting all of the abilities? Was the palace of death the place Riful was torturing warriors to get them to awaken or when Riful was getting the warrior with dreadlocks (Renee) to awaken the Rafaela/Luciela cocoon?

Are there any real big loose ends? Miria is leading a group to hunt down the remaining yoma and awakened beings though I thought all of the awakened beings were already dead? Were all of the Abyss Feeders (what killed Isley) destroyed? What about all of those big spikes/rods that Rafaela/Luciela shoot out that turned into cat girls, were those all taken care of? The last we saw of Renee she was running away from Rafaela/Luciela awakening, did she live? All minor things really.

A very nice conclusion to a great series. Better to end the series while its popular then drag it on for a few more years until most of the fans have left and/or think it should be taken out behind the shed and put out of its misery. coughStargateSG1cough

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

MH Knights posted:

What theories about Ilena? She orchestrated Clare getting all of the abilities? Was the palace of death the place Riful was torturing warriors to get them to awaken or when Riful was getting the warrior with dreadlocks (Renee) to awaken the Rafaela/Luciela cocoon?
She was speculated for a long time to be alive with only "never saw the body!" as evidence.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I totally forgot she even existed so that fell a little flat.

other than that great ending to a great series though.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Now the author needs to write a spiritual sequel to Angel Densetsu. Easily one of the funniest manga I've ever read and the author is honestly much better at comedy than he is action/drama.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Clare crying until she's covered in snot, and then being patted on the head by everyone and blushing is much more in-line with what I expect from the author.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Man I remember randomly downloading an episode of this and Darker than Black way back when they started airing and it's how I got back into anime again. Gonna miss those Awakened Form two page spreads.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oh man, now I need to figure out what chapter I stopped reading this on and catch up. poo poo. I guess I'll call it 130something, as I have vague memories of this fight.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 2, 2014

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013
What a nice ending, I'm pretty happy with it. It was a big contrast reading this right after reading this week's Naruto. Really going to miss this series, but I agree that ending it on a high note is way better than dragging it out for so long it turns to poo poo.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tiger Shark posted:

What a nice ending, I'm pretty happy with it. It was a big contrast reading this right after reading this week's Naruto. Really going to miss this series, but I agree that ending it on a high note is way better than dragging it out for so long it turns to poo poo.
I feel like there was a nightmare about dragging your manga around far past the expiration date involved in just ending it now, and then the realization set in that there was no dreaming involved and they were reading Naruto while wide awake. I'd like to read about the dragons and the larger world and ... And then yeah, I remember the other things I read this week.

Cuz seriously this end wasn't like FMA level, but it was solid and enjoyable, and you need not look far to see what it looks like when it goes sour.

Thoren
May 28, 2008
I'm going to miss this series very much. It was a slow burner but somehow really enjoyable in terms of action, pacing, story, etc, even as a monthly manga. A satisfying ending.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

Thoren posted:

I'm going to miss this series very much. It was a slow burner but somehow really enjoyable in terms of action, pacing, story, etc, even as a monthly manga. A satisfying ending.

It's really weird that it's just over, I've been reading the series for the last 10 or so years or so, and I never really get that feeling that long-run shounen manga ever ends ever.

KFJ fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 3, 2014

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I'm glad that after miria's little hunt is done, the claymores will finally be able to live in peace. Maybe even give their armaments a nice farewell.

Lazy Bastard
Aug 23, 2004
Laziness is an art
Great ending, that snot face reminds me a lot of Angel Densetsu. I always saw Claymore as Angel Densetsu 2.0, all the characters were just copies of his previous manga but pumped up. Claymore is just a continuation of Ikuno and Leo's story and I love it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

KFJ posted:

It's really weird that it's just over, I've been reading the series for the last 10 or so years or so, and I never really get that feeling that long-run shounen manga ever ends ever.

It's even worse for me. Literally all my manga are ending. I need to find new things to read. Any good suggestions for a claymore replacement?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

It's even worse for me. Literally all my manga are ending. I need to find new things to read. Any good suggestions for a claymore replacement?

Berserk. :v:

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Darth TNT posted:

The great thing to know if you pick up Berserk is that it will never end :v:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I enjoy Ubel Blatt as a more anime version of the Dark Fantasy genre that Berserk and Claymore occupy. Makes for a satisfying revenge story anyway.

badlyknitsweater
Jan 22, 2001

Thoren posted:

Couldn't agree more.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
It ended very sweetly and I like that. It was a nice run and although I did want some more info about the war, it was ultimately backstory for the setting. Irene showing up surprised me. I thought Rafaela ended her. I did enjoy Galatea drinking the newbies under the table. It made sense considering the war in the north really hosed them up big time

KFJ posted:

As others have said, Berserk is unending and One Piece is probably going to be around for another 10 years at this rate.

Relin posted:

I'm behind in the series and just read the last couple chapters, am I correct in assuming they never resolved the larger overarching plot wrt the dragon people humanity was at war with in the first place, thus the necessity of the creation of the yoma hybrids

As others have said, it's resolved with the whole "Go back to where you came from and never come back" deal. With the war of the mainland no longer looming overhead, no more claymores or yoma need to be made, which means no need for the dragonkin that spawned the claymores in the first place.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Eej posted:

I enjoy Ubel Blatt as a more anime version of the Dark Fantasy genre that Berserk and Claymore occupy. Makes for a satisfying revenge story anyway.

That mangaka is weirdly obsessed with pairing adult women with fresh young boys. It is a gender-swapped version of that 'no, she is actually 30 but just looks like an 8 year old' pedo excuse.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eej posted:

With Ubel Blatt it's really hard to get past the super creepy fanservice.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

RatHat posted:

I seriously could not get past the first chapter no matter how much I tried.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Thank you Claymore; It's been a hell of a run. Loved the Irene ending and the final Teresa embrace. Sad to see so many years come to an end, but gently caress if it wasn't great front to back.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

RatHat posted:

I started reading it so long ago I must've had a stronger stomach because I don't even remember the first parts anymore. Didn't mean to send people off to read something with tons of shota smut!

Eej fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 4, 2014

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eej posted:

I started reading it so long ago I must've had a stronger stomach because I don't even remember the first parts anymore. Didn't mean to send people off to read something with tons of shota smut!

Yeah, uh, the shota stuff is the least of it.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Postal Parcel posted:

It ended very sweetly and I like that. It was a nice run and although I did want some more info about the war, it was ultimately backstory for the setting. Irene showing up surprised me. I thought Rafaela ended her. I did enjoy Galatea drinking the newbies under the table. It made sense considering the war in the north really hosed them up big time

As others have said, Berserk is unending and One Piece is probably going to be around for another 10 years at this rate.

As others have said, it's resolved with the whole "Go back to where you came from and never come back" deal. With the war of the mainland no longer looming overhead, no more claymores or yoma need to be made, which means no need for the dragonkin that spawned the claymores in the first place.

I recently started one piece. Reading through 700+ chapters takes ages. It's generally a fun read though.
Right, Berserk I wanted to look into that. Guess I will now.

I didn't know Ubel Blatt.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Darth TNT posted:

I didn't know Ubel Blatt.
Not knowing Ubel Blatt is for the best.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Late, but drat I loved this series. It also represents the first manga I've ever read start to finish! Ending was absolutely perfect and the entire way I was just wondering "how the gently caress..." in regards to how they were ever gonna win.
I'm super happy with how Raki ended up as an adult, and the reunion stuff with Teresa and Claire was unexpected and great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
http://bato.to/read/_/302085/claymore_ch155.1_by_mib/2 An interview with the author.

• Locked thread