Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

fknlo posted:

e: I really want to know where these fuckers claiming 50+mpg live. Downhill with a tailwind both ways at 45mph kind of stuff?

Hyper-mileing assholes who follow literally a foot behind everything else on the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
It's far less than fast food but we arent declaring war on Big Macs

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 22, 2015

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Yes they "forgot" about a costly fix that would leave them tied up in lawsuits for a decade

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Theyre absolutely gonna hammer the poo poo out of a foreign company

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
an EPA fine is the least of their worries

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The United States is not going to let the EPA hand out a death blow to Volkswagen. It would be the worse thing for US/Germany relations since the Eighth Air Force came to town.

What there isn't a limit on is the damage VW just did to clean diesel specifically and its brand overall. If I was a dealer I'd seriously be looking at breach of contract on the part of VW and getting the gently caress out. In 10 years VW is going to wish the loss was only 18b.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
If I'm a dealer I don't touch those cars without guidance from VW and at the same time I'm looking for ways out of the VW contract and suing them in return.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
when the fix modifies the car they are gonna get wallop'd by an owner class action and a Department of Commerce suit

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Fixing the car isn't the problem. The problem is that after the fix the car is not what people bought originally.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
money may rule the world, but you shouldn't let accountants have their way

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
On one hand yeah but on the other hand gently caress Portland.

Build a wall around it, ship all the TDIs to it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Human life is cheap though.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

dissss posted:

I thought you could buy a diesel Cruze there now?

You'd need an electron microscope to see the point at which "Diesel Buyers" and "Cruze Buyers" meet in a Venn Diagram

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
get the R8 V10 so I may live vicariously through you

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hang all management

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
You'd think at some point the government board members would say, "This is what you're going to do if you want any chance of us bailing you out"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the only concern wrt the money is we're not going to bankrupt a partially state owned German enterprise that is also like their 10th largest employer.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
if the total fine amount is billions large it'll be structured in a way that VW can easily weather it because again

quote:

we're not going to bankrupt a partially state owned German enterprise that is also like their 10th largest employer

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Yes but what damage can they show huh huh huh

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

fknlo posted:

God drat. I always find it weird that there's always one car that is a complete basket case. Reminds me of that guy with the 911 that just had random crazy poo poo going wrong and they wouldn't give him a new one until the story blew up on the internet.

My mother is on her second new 2016 Lincoln MKX in a month and a half. The first one had a issue where the remote start would not work no matter how many resets, fobs or whatever the dealership threw at it. GM finally said, 'Stop this poo poo and go find her another car'. The second one had an intermittent rear view camera issue. She got it back Thursday after they replaced the camera, and now the front camera doesn't work. :suicide:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

poo poo, that does make more sense! I'm just surprised they did right by him.

I'm also really surprised about the whole Audi reliability thing; I suddenly really really want an s4...

to be fair my father used to be general sales manager at this dealership and has known the general manager and associated top dudes for 30 years. i shudder to think how much some regular person would be getting hosed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
your owner class action lawsuit is going to be tied up in courts for loving ever so plan accordingly.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
VW is turbofucked in the US if they don't make the dealers happy. You can't unpoison that well with $500 gift cards.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Bovril Delight posted:

Well Porsche does offer such things as $2,500 leather on the air vents.

God bless Porsche SUV buyers

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
i hope the refund is in bitcoins

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

Jesus, its like VW thinks this was the consumers fault and they are doing everything they can to make sure you never buy their car again.

and yet this thread is full of people trying to do it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hello thread, i am home

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
yikes

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I don’t understand going to look at an s7 when you can’t live with it’s fuel consumption but I especially don’t understand the guys tracking this. Drive the nuts off this thing!!

Some people actually put lots of highway miles on theirs for job purposes and gas can really add up

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Running downhill and getting crushed by the runaway lemon R

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Mr. Apollo posted:

I just picked up a “new” 2019 RS5 Sportback.

beautiful car. the first Audi dealer I went to had a red RS5 on the floor and that sold me on the entire thing.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

flightless greeb posted:

I'm in the midst of a grand scheme lol - I'm trying to get down to one do everything car but I haven't decided on what it is yet. I sold my audi, I've got another spare boring car to sell then I'll buy a replacement and then I'll sell the VW.

Rn I'm kind of thinking of a 440 gran coupe or one of the very expensive lux wagons like an MB E400 or Volvo V90

the 'not break the bank' option for me here was an S5

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The digital dash owns tho

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Murgos posted:

It's probably something to do with selling the brand as much as it is the cars themselves.

To build a brand and brand loyalty, you've first got to offer something people can afford and not just continually chop models because they don't have the same ROI as your top end offerings.

Looking at you, Ford and GM

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
really dont miss my S5 not having cooled seats, even living in the blasted lands of Texas

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Oh no

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Your vehicle running without someone in it is illegal in Germany so none of the German built ones will have it from the factory. That isn't to say that it's not supported and the dealer might add it for you.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

dialhforhero posted:

Sorry about that total loss.

Two lovely issues in as many pages.

Yeah my 2015 Wagen is now more expensive than when I bought it in 2019.

If you asked me, or anyone ever, if you could have positive equity on a modern mass produced vehicle you would have been laughed at by everyone ever.

people still routinely lose their lunches in the collectible car world but here are millions of people driving around in Toyotas and Hondas that are a net positive asset lmao

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Zorak of Michigan posted:

There have been times in my B9 when I was using Android Auto and wished I had touchscreen and the existing controls, but never have I ever wanted to replace the existing controls with touch. Every chance I get, I tell Audi that I think their move toward touchscreens is a mistake that zeroes out my brand loyalty.

the touchscreen in my wife's 2021 Q5 is the best I've ever used

and its still loving garbage compared to the click wheel in my S5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
S5 Sportback owns gently caress da haters