Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Poor Jack, forever banished to the awkward acquaintance zone, only to one day make it to the friend zone after years of struggle. But he will go no further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

poo poo, meet fan.

God drat this chapter is awesome. Of course, Tea-san is probably smirking, knowing that future chapters will be even better.

Cannot wait to see how this continues on.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Nice one, Kismet. Every second page of this is avatar-able and it is tempting to create some animated ones.

Here's some of P., up for grabs.

We wish to communicate with you

Grabbing this one. Awesome stuff.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I've got my GC avatar on other forums and it's been successful in getting people to read the comic.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

I can't stop laughing after reading that page. Thanks Tom, you've made a terrible day awesome again.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

mjau posted:

Made an avatar from panel 2, if anyone wants it:

I just love the headmasters expression in this panel. As for Coyote, he's going to be very happy now that he's got two new people to play with, as they will undoutably freak out even more at his antics, where Anne just took things somewhat in stride.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Every chapter is the best chapter, but this has to be my favorite one yet.

Tom, if you're reading this, would it be possible to have a print of Kat's bizarre Zimmy form and one of Annie in her fire elemental form made? It'd be nifty to put them up next to my Treatise prints.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

A Sometimes Food posted:

I figure she saves that for after she's gotten used to it, and she and Rey sit Paz down and give her the "We're her best friends and if you hurt her" talk. Which would probably be a lot more intimidating than normal when the parties involved are made of fire and a giant wolf.

I would love to see Kat's reaction to Annie just bursting into flames one day.

Although, it's a good thing Annie didn't turn into fire when she saw Kat and Paz making out, 'cause nothing kills the mood better than seeing your best friend burst into flames when she spots you making out with your girlfriend.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

1stGear posted:

I would love to see Paz's reaction.

"So I heard you dumped my best friend." *WHOOSH* "LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT."

I'm pretty sure in the near future the court is going to assign a robot the task of following Annie around all day with a fire extinguisher.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Bleck posted:

We do know that the tic-tocs weren't created by Diego. That's probably relevant.

That and I think the tic-toc that was "growing" (for lack of a better term), was doing it on the forest side, where as Jeanne is on the court side of the river. But yeah, she's pretty much going to see anything robotic as an extension of Deigo, who is pretty much #1 on her poo poo list.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

SHISHKABOB posted:

I think though that they probably had to have some kind of "sacrifice" for their magical arrow doohickey thing. Though, that was the green dude, right?

Yeah, it looks like they took advantage of some event which required the court to be at the river, as there are several people on the court side of the river, which Jeanne and elf dude were going to use to escape to the forest side. The court then sniped the elf dude, and used his love for Jeanne to bind her to the river.

Wyld Karde posted:

Smitty raises a good point. Annie also has a good counterpoint. Looks like she's fixin' to get her psychopomp on.

Helping Jeanne get to the other side to possibly be with her love again is probably a good thing. What protection she was provided the court seems to be negated by the bridge anyway. Although I am interested in what the court currently knows about her. It's probably a note saying "Don't go down to the river, there's something that seems to kill everyone. Best avoid." and one bright spark decided that a bridge neatly side stepped the issue.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Going by Robot and his creepy cult, Kat is well on her way to being able to create robots who can experience "true death", so it's just a matter of time.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Mazerunner posted:

(my money's on Annie)

My money is on Annie being the killer. Girl has issues.

It was Roxbot

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Wittgen posted:

Or set oneself on fire.

It would certainly liven up the party.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

amishjosh posted:

i dunno, i don't think hardhats are going to help much against fireballs to the face

It's nice to see how far Annie has progressed, from the start where she had no idea about blinker stone's and now she's throwing fireballs around like Mario. It'll be interesting seeing her trying to explain this to her classmates, especially when she goes full fire elemental.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

We're well on our way to Fun City LEVEL 6! Wooo.

Pretty sure the robots are going to achieve the opposite affect. The ship won't become flesh, but Kat will go all Zimmy Robo-Goddess and then poo poo is gonna get really real.

Any bets on if Robot's crazy death cult show up and start a fight because the other S series robots are interfering with their goddesses "plans"?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

SHISHKABOB posted:

"The world continues to spin pup, the boy and his family will ensure it" http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=356

and now the world will continue to spin. (Archive binges at work at the best kind of binges!)

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Good Job Annie! The ninth wheel is the best wheel!

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Soooo, taking bets on how long until the classroom is on fire?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Oh god this chapter is going to be really painful to get through. I do really like that the whole class is concerned for Annie. Pretty sure the gossip around the students of the court will be "Did you know Annie's dad is a massive arsehole? Seriously, what a dick. No wonder she had issues when she first came here"

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Can't wait for a "Jones: Not Anthony" shirt. It'll go nice with my Jones: Not a Robot shirt.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Itzena posted:

I've got this faint sense that this might just end with Tony breaking down and begging Donnie to help with Antimony because he has absolutely no idea how to reach the real her - something like he's waiting for her to start acting like Surma Jr. (because he remember how to manage that) without figuring out that there's a fair old chunk of Carver stoicism in there as well.

I mean, from the reports he's gotten she's certainly been acting a lot like her mother - medium-in-training, spending time in the woods, paying as little attention as possible to the rules so he comes in expecting that to continue but she suddenly clams up and becomes...well, what she's become in the last few chapters.

That's how I see this going as well. As far as Tony goes, taking care of Annie has always been someone else's problem. When he was working on a cure for Surma, she was looking after Annie and when she died, Annie became Tony's problem, but he solved that by foisting her off onto the court. Now he's back, and Annie is once again his to care for and as we've seen, he's got absolutely no idea.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Tupperwarez posted:

Wait, what? How little does Tony know about etheric science? You'd think it would be handy to know about, considering he married the Court's half-elemental medium.

Does... does he even know what a blinker stone is? (Part of me wants this to be the Gunnerkrigg Court version of the three seashells joke)

I think he'd be like Kat. Knows it exists, but can't use it himself because he's too grounded in the scientific mindset.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Carrasco posted:

Anyway, how does a meeting work when the Court's locked up the other side's envoy? The whole diplomatic process probably goes a lot more smoothly when you don't do that.

It probably involves marching over the bridge (which bypasses the demon lady down by the river that would ruin your day) and threatening to ruin their day until a meeting is held.

x1o fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Sep 14, 2015

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

So Jimmy Jims trained Parley in the ways of being a walking gun show.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

This is certainly a worthy successor to the chapter with the best page in it.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

This is the bit where everything blows up right?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

And the psychopomps and their plans for her.

Plus Kat's research and the robo cult.

and the origins of the court, what exactly the "seed bismuth" is, why the court decided to trap Jeanne in the first place and why the court/forrest split happened in the first place to name a few more plot threads that we're waiting on.

Still plenty to cover. I expect to still be reading this comic for another decade.

x1o fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

This is going to end well for everyone involved.