Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.

Loqieu posted:

Do yourself a favor and get the Full House themed hockey jersey for drop-in like I did.

https://sublimationkings.com/shop/the-rippers-blue-jersey/

omg a spaceballs jersey >_>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.

sellouts posted:

how do you get girlfriends to go to games?

serious question: how are you liking those eagle gloves? worth the premium?

Mine comes and even tracks my time on ice and +/- :coal:

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Scored my first goal last night :unsmith:

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

What's the best way to clean the chin guard on face masks. Gettin' some hella sweet acne from the sweat buildup I think. Soap and water good enough? Those alcohol pad things?

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Krime posted:

Does anyone else have flat feet?

Skates have always been an issue for me. I've got superfeet inserts but am curious if any brand offers a better fit for the flatter footed player.

Someone I know with flat feet has the nexus line skates and says they're pretty good

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Anyone ever do the mystery pack hockey sticks on hockey monkey? Looks like they have some RH sticks in stock and was thinking about getting a couple just to have on hand.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Went for the Hcokeymonkey mystery pack and got the sticks today. Specified in the order comments for something around 85 flex and nothing with too crazy of a curve (referenced the Bauer Kane). Ended up with a pro stock reebok and a sherwood T90.
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-hockey-stick-pro-stock-ribcor-graphic.html
http://www.hockeymonkey.com/sherwood-hockey-stick-t90-ii-sr.html

Reebok is Harrold flex 90 and the sherwood is a Stastny curve flex 85. Both curves seem pretty much identical which is cool. Overall seems like a good deal for anyone that isn't too picky and looking for some cheap sticks.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Well, for a team of random people we did pretty well for ourselves last night.

12-0 win. I had an assist I didn't even realize I had. Our goalie faced eleven shots all night.

The team we were playing against isn't very good, and they had a guy in who had never played goal before.

Hey that was my team. Tell #16 to knock off the show off bullshit before he gets himself hurt.

And yeah our team sucks everyone except for two or three of us started playing in Feb or so. We were missing all our good players last night too. I was probably our best player there which is Not Good.

drizzle fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Sep 13, 2015

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

doctor 7 posted:

I read it more as a "some people may take that shut too seriously" more than a "imma gently caress 'im up proper next time, mate."

Haha I will make use of this

Yeah double digit losses are a pretty fuckin common occurrence for our team so none of us really care about another high school has been joining a D2 house team and skating circles around a bunch of old dudes.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

YeehawMcKickass posted:

The little bit of talking on the ice I got to do with the people on your team was pleasant. It was actually a pretty nice changed compared to one of the coed teams from summer.

I was actually saying late in the first period that we were going to need to reign #16 in pretty quick. He should really be up in the C leagues, but he's down to play with his sister.

I was #3, on defense until the last shift of the game when I moved up to center for 3/4 of a shift. I don't know how well I actually did, but 16 actually saw me after the game and said he thinks I should be on D for the duration of the league.

Were you in the green socks? I was #21, playing D too

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

I think brown and green are complimentary so no they don't clash you'll need another color

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Has your team ever had any trouble with El Pirates? We just came off of a 7-5 loss with them but holy poo poo was it a penalty fest that may have gotten two of their players suspended or booted from the league. One of their guys tossed his gear and started throwing punches at one of our guys for a trip, then whoever #17 is on EP decided to repeatedly slash our goalie's glove hand (after it'd already been stepped on). Same guy decided to drop his stick and take a run straight at me in the last minute of the game.

I wasn't involved in any of the shenanigans and was actually pleasant with them for the entire game. So what the gently caress ever.

Never really had anything too major with them. I think the hot head on our team got a roughing penalty with them but wasn't really a fight or anything. One of the players on our team has a cousin on theirs that we've played rat with a couple times so we're mostly amicable. The only teams we really had big fights with were mcnasty and men of mayhem. We had a sub goalie against men of mayhem that got ejected because they kept slashing his face last season.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

YeehawMcKickass posted:

More fallout from our mini-thunderdome game on Sunday night. Followed by a 9-3 spanking of a loss because we couldn't work together.

The guy who got the fighting major got three games. After taking a shower and clearing his head he realized he was being a dumbass and came around to apologize to a bunch of people.

On the other hand, #17 doesn't seem to know when to quit...or even have a head on his shoulders. The guy apparently decided to drink with a teammate in the parking lot after the game and wait to try to pounce on our goalie for, "being a bitch" and faking being hurt. This wasn't a smart move because the kid had is entire family with him and one of our other guys went with him to help carry stuff. It apparently devolved into him trying to fight our goalie, then shoving our goalie's dad and making threats at the mom and girlfriend before his teammate dragged him away telling him he was being a moron.

Kid was supposed to be our permanent goalie and the whole incident convinced him to just quit outright. Nobody on our team blames him for it, the whole thing was bush league. All the league director told us after the meeting was, "there will be consequences for El Pirates."

Yeah this beginner league is pretty good

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

My team sucks but at least we somehow have four people that can play goalie and have gear

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

prom candy posted:

Tapping your stick on the ice to try to get an opponent to cough up a no-look pass to you in beer league: lovely behaviour or smart hockey?

How about barking like a dog when an opponent is taking a penalty shot. Had that gem last weekend.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

I saw that score sheet today lol. One of their players also plays on our team.

Surprised they actually called slashing though one of our players literally had their stick broken in half a few games ago from a slash and no call at all

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

This league isn't uh balanced

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

There is rocket ice and canlan right there and they both have rat and stick and puck. Not much in the past couple months because of high school leagues I guess but in the spring canlan would have rat almost every other night at like six or seven.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

YeehawMcKickass posted:

You know it's one of those 13 goal games when the penalty summary has five more entries than the scoring summary. FIFTY total penalty minutes.

The guy who got the slashing penalty in the third? Dude wound up like he was trying to cut my stick with a hatchet, right in front of the ref. No damage to my stick though.

Wow you weren't kidding these guys are dumbasses

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

DeNofa posted:

Has anyone seen any jerseys anywhere which have those Black Ice car-freshener trees on them? My ice team is "Black Ice" and we were thinking that could be a good second jersey when we can't wear our black ones.

Hey what the hell that's our teams name

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

We just did it because we all work together and one of our bosses called in saying he got into an accident because he hit some black ice except he's from Puerto Rico and has an accent so everyone thought he said he hit some black guys.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Looks like the supreme line of skates are going on clearance. Is it worth upgrading from the 160s to the 180s or so? My 160s are only like a year old and in ok shape but I'm planning on playing forever so I think it might be worth upgrading now while they're on clearance instead of having to wait another two years for a new line.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Welp, I almot took a rocket slapper to the dick tonight.

Guy was squaring up for a shot at the point so I skated out to challenge it. Got me about two inches down and one inch over. Already bruised pretty good.

Granted, I was standing completely upright and was 7-10 feet awayfrom both the shooter and the goal when it hit me, so it wasn't a good shot. But I still blocked it and that's what counts. Got props from the other team after the game for that one.

Dude your team is out of control. Number 5 cross checked a referee in front of our bench because he thought it was one of our players and he tried skating away nonchalantly like he didn't do anything lol

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Well can't promise free sticks but a lot of our players that don't show up are dropping from next season so we're adding some people if you're interested. Most of us are on shift work so ice time can be a little inconsistent though. We have a full roster right now but usually only average twelve or so skaters so may be a little crowded if we get people that show consistently. We all suck except for like three people too so there's that as well.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Hey drizzle, you guys play your second game yet? How'd it go?

We beat both the Yellowjackets and Big Jim Slade, so we're into the semis.

Cool nice work. We lost our games 4-2 and 0-3. We lost our best player five minutes into the second game when he fell on a breakaway and slammed into the boards. Sounds like he separated his ac joint and needs surgery. Our goalie played great though which is good news.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Wow what a shithead, is the other guy pressing charges?

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

You sound like someone who justifies rape because a woman was wearing a skirt or something

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

If I get hit by a drunk driver and hospitalized I'm just gonna let it go because that's life and I assumed the risk by getting in the car.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Ya in fact it is expected and part of the game

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

At my pace I'll hit five career goals in another two years or so

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

prom candy posted:

If you don't respond to all incidences of contact with "gently caress off bud" you're not playing the game right.

This but unironic

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Someone came up to me after my game yesterday and apologized for running me into the boards it was the weirdest thing ever

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Playing d is way more difficult than any forward position imo

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

RC Cola posted:

I was thinking of doing the hockey development skating but I'd have to miss two days. Do you think they'd discount it at all?

My friend paid per class when he was only able to make a couple and it was the same rate as paying for the whole thing

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

he should just hang up his skates for good considering how much he got his rear end beat

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Grey jerseys to rat hockey

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Time is actually useful tho because most of my team will just smack the puck down the ice as soon as it gets to them instead of looking up once in a while

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

xzzy posted:

Are you playing winter D3? Because I landed on the d3 house team.

I'll cross check you in the teeth or poo poo in your glove or something if you're on another team.

Ur ded I'm on black ice >:)

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

At least they got instruction. About a third of our players just picked it up to hang out and still haven't bothered to learn any basics in the three seasons we've played. We probably have five or six guys that can play well and boy is it ugly when they can't make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

Should be a pretty rough game for me I haven't skated since our July 11 game I think because of all these weddings this summer. In the middle of a lazy Florida vacation now too which won't help. Hopefully your team will be as slow as me :I