Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
Thanks for the quick response. Can you suggest any that has cheap block plans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
For dutch servers?

I don't know if its particularly cheap (seems like it to me) but I used T w e a k n e w s

sorry, trying to prevent it from becoming too searchable.

Also I use exactly all the other servers you listed to. You can actually see it a few posts up on the last page.

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
Thanks man. I'll set it up later when I get home.

Supernews/Astra(2 months still remaining)/Blocknews/NGD/TNews (50gb) would set me up pretty nicely for the next two months I believe. Dropping Astra after my current term expires.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
That setup works nicely for me.

And yes putting euro servers of your providers works.

bobdigi
Oct 6, 2004
yea you know who is he
I got a quick question. I have Supernews as my provider (as well as Blocknews as a backup). Does it help to put the EU supernews server as a backup, or do they remove the same pieces from both the US and EU servers?

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
So, how exactly does autoProcessTV.cfg work? I have it properly configured in my sabnzbd scripts folder, and I have it set as the script under tv for sorting

I see this in my log

code:
2013-02-28 20:22:10,875::INFO::[newsunpack:143] Running external script /home/user/.sabnzbd/scripts/autoProcessTV.cfg(/home/user/incoming/tv/something.nzb, something.nzb, something.nzb, , tv, alt.binaries.something, 0)
And I see nothing else, either in sabnzbd or sickbeard (nothing is added to sickbeard). Here is the contents of my autoProcessTV.cfg

code:
host="some.host.name"
port=8081
username="someuser"
password="somepassword"
web_root=""
ssl=1
My host for sickbeard is just https://some.host.name:8081. Should I put web_root as "/"?

In sabnzbd, I have tv sorting disabled, and in sickbeard's post-processing settings, I have the remote directory listed for my TV downloads for sabnzbd (using NFS), but I have "Scan and Process" unchecked because it says "NOTE: Do not use if you use sabToSickbeard w/ SABnzbd+!"

I should clarify that sabnzbd and sickbeard are on different remote systems, but they can talk to each other just fine.

What exactly needs to be changed here?

EDIT: oh right, I'm supposed to copy that entire directory from sickbeard and have sabnzbd+ call autoprocess.py. Makes sense now.

Tatsujin fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 1, 2013

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

bobdigi posted:

I got a quick question. I have Supernews as my provider (as well as Blocknews as a backup). Does it help to put the EU supernews server as a backup, or do they remove the same pieces from both the US and EU servers?

It can't hurt to have them as another backup. In the ~18 months I've had Supernews, the logs show I've downloaded a couple TB from the US server and 13.7GB from the EU server. With that, plus backup from Block, Tweak, and Cube, I can count on one hand the number of files I've had fail due to missing blocks.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
NZB.su down for y'all? It is for me and that snarky downforeveryone.com site, but I hadn't seen it mentioned here.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MasterColin posted:

Finally what other indexers are y'all using? My wife likes pretty pink girly distros that are not very easy to find on nzb.su.

I prefer dogNZB because they index a group I nalfind useful that NZB.su does not. Unfortunately, they're very strict with their invites and I've never received any.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

I prefer dogNZB because they index a group I nalfind useful that NZB.su does not. Unfortunately, they're very strict with their invites and I've never received any.

I have noticed recently that there are a few things missing from Dognzb and nzbs.org. Not sure if they both get DMCA notices or what but my own personal newznab I setup had dramatically more content for a few particular iso's sets even when they are posted in the same groups that the other sites index.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Any reason CouchPotato isn't finding movies from my NZB.su account? I've put in my correct API key..

EDIT: Or maybe it is and just a lot of my downloads are failing.

89 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 1, 2013

Bent Wookiee
Feb 23, 2007

AAAHHH!!?

stevesy posted:

There are comments; so it's just you.

I have neither seen any comments nor any method to leave comments in nzb.su. I wanted to leave one for an iso that was password protected but haven't found a way to. I'm using a non-VIP account. Can anyone provide a screenshot or something?

Lusername
Sep 22, 2005
The truth is just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
How curious. This is what my nzb.su looks like. Comments are nowhere to be found on both Firefox and Chrome. I sorted by 'grabs' as I assume the top nzbs would have at least one comment.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I've got VIP, here's what my grabs column looks like:

And I've got two more tabs on the details page:

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Comments are visible to VIPs only, I guess. I have a clickable comments count in that Stats column there.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
For the record, while nzb.su has comments, no one uses them. Even huge isos with thousands of grabs have no comments.

Another huge reason I reeeealy want a goonzb. I suspect we'd have a strong comments/quality control community. Active forums too.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gozinbulx posted:

For the record, while nzb.su has comments, no one uses them. Even huge isos with thousands of grabs have no comments.

Another huge reason I reeeealy want a goonzb. I suspect we'd have a strong comments/quality control community. Active forums too.

Unless Sickbeard, Couchpotato or Sabnzbd have a script added to automatically kick back on failed downloads you won't get many comments. That is why nzb.su has maybe 1 comment per 100 .isos. Most people using Usenet are doing it because of how easy and safe the RSS options work compared to torrents.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

My Sabnzbd install doesn't automatically pick up categories ftom either nzb.su or my own Newznab install. I was under the impression that it was supposed to do this. Can anyone tell me how to make it so?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

moron posted:

My Sabnzbd install doesn't automatically pick up categories ftom either nzb.su or my own Newznab install. I was under the impression that it was supposed to do this. Can anyone tell me how to make it so?

SAB > Config > Categories. In the "group/indexer tags" column, put the name of the category coming from the indexer. You'll want to use wildcards if you're searching in subcategories, so use something like "Linux*" to catch everything with that tag in the name.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

YouTuber posted:

Unless Sickbeard, Couchpotato or Sabnzbd have a script added to automatically kick back on failed downloads you won't get many comments. That is why nzb.su has maybe 1 comment per 100 .isos. Most people using Usenet are doing it because of how easy and safe the RSS options work compared to torrents.

I guess I'm the only person who likes to manually paruse nzb.su every couple of hours and see what's on offer then use the "send to sab" button.

I don't use any of the sickbeard/couch potato programs.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Gozinbulx posted:

I guess I'm the only person who likes to manually paruse nzb.su every couple of hours and see what's on offer then use the "send to sab" button.

I don't use any of the sickbeard/couch potato programs.

I do that, but with NZBAir on my phone. I like it being less automated, and having the control over what I download when.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

EC posted:

SAB > Config > Categories. In the "group/indexer tags" column, put the name of the category coming from the indexer. You'll want to use wildcards if you're searching in subcategories, so use something like "Linux*" to catch everything with that tag in the name.

Huh...it was as simple as putting an asterisk at the end of the tag (so 'Movies*' rather than 'Movies'). Working great now....thanks!

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

EC posted:

Thanks for this, this made my downloading tons more efficient.

Chaostime
Jan 3, 2008

Kurt Cobain's biggest phobia was bears in pools.
Got two invites.
PM me.

rustybikes
Mar 12, 2004

PM sent. :ohdear:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535945

The Usenet Megathread - Invites in the C&D forum!
E: Or "no invite discussion" also works.

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 3, 2013

rustybikes
Mar 12, 2004

Hogburto posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535945

The Usenet Megathread - Invites in the C&D forum!
E: Or "no invite discussion" also works.

Oh. Thanks! I missed the C&D thread mention ITT somehow. :)

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
I've got a couple of questions if anyone could answer them.

Firstly, I was wondering how well a setup with sick beard et al on an always on remote server would work alongside sabnzbd on a sometimes on home PC. Would anything grabbed wait and retry sending to sab whenever it's able? Wanna get some feedback on this before finding hosts or even trying to get it set up.

Secondly, I've noticed that I can rename downloads on sab. I have no idea how long that's been around for. Does anyone know if the helper apps have any functionality for this? For example, films from couch potato being given just the film name without the group nonsense.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

sharktamer posted:

I've got a couple of questions if anyone could answer them.

Firstly, I was wondering how well a setup with sick beard et al on an always on remote server would work alongside sabnzbd on a sometimes on home PC. Would anything grabbed wait and retry sending to sab whenever it's able? Wanna get some feedback on this before finding hosts or even trying to get it set up.

Secondly, I've noticed that I can rename downloads on sab. I have no idea how long that's been around for. Does anyone know if the helper apps have any functionality for this? For example, films from couch potato being given just the film name without the group nonsense.

If SAB isn't going to be running 24/7, you'd want Sickbeard to put the nzb files in a folder, and have SAB watch that folder. That way SAB catches it when it goes live.

Both CouchPotato and SAB have renaming options built in, so you don't have to worry about the name of the nzb. For what it's worth, I prefer SAB's renaming stuff, but I know other people use CP with no issue.

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
Apparently I am still having issues with sabtosickbeard.py. I have properly uploaded sabtosickbeard.py and autoprocesstv.cfg to my plugins directory in SAB and properly set the location of the scripts directory (~/.sabnzbd/scripts). Looks like it created an AutoProcessTV.pyc file with incorrect ownership that I fixed manually. Hope this works.

Mighty Zoltar
Aug 18, 2004

I AM A PIECE OF SHIT. IF YOU SEE ME ON THE STREET, PLEASE STAB ME.
With the continued stupidity of my PC making me log into nzbs dot org every time I boot my PC, I now appear to be getting a blank page on the login URL. Has this suddenly changed for no reason?

Being logged out is proving to be a challenge.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Add /index or /search to the URL.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Is there an "official" Lazy Librarian source? Looks like the old one, LibrarianMike or something, is gone.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
hrm. the low balance CC I use for not-so-safe stuff got compromised two weeks after I used it on nzb.su, anyone else heard of this happening? Might be coincidence but it's a hell of a coincidence.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

deimos posted:

hrm. the low balance CC I use for not-so-safe stuff got compromised two weeks after I used it on nzb.su, anyone else heard of this happening? Might be coincidence but it's a hell of a coincidence.

Nope. More than likely you have spyware of some sort. Most places that do donations don't actually handle the money transaction, they're done by organizations like Paypal.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

EC posted:

If SAB isn't going to be running 24/7, you'd want Sickbeard to put the nzb files in a folder, and have SAB watch that folder. That way SAB catches it when it goes live.

Both CouchPotato and SAB have renaming options built in, so you don't have to worry about the name of the nzb. For what it's worth, I prefer SAB's renaming stuff, but I know other people use CP with no issue.

I guess I could sort something out with dropbox or something similar. Will sab be able to send the downloads back to sickbeard/couchpotato for post processing?

The second point I was making wasn't regarding renaming the files in post processing, I was referring to being able to rename the downloads as they show up in the sabnzbd download list. It may just be a bootstrap feature though.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

sharktamer posted:

I guess I could sort something out with dropbox or something similar. Will sab be able to send the downloads back to sickbeard/couchpotato for post processing?

The second point I was making wasn't regarding renaming the files in post processing, I was referring to being able to rename the downloads as they show up in the sabnzbd download list. It may just be a bootstrap feature though.

Maybe you could explain your setup a bit more because I'm not quite getting it. Both SAB and SickBeard (I'm not sure about CP) have support for watched folders. So if you're in a situation where the apps are not going to be running at the same time, you want to configure them both to drop files in the other's watched folder. That way when one app comes on, it will scan the folder and do whatever it needs to do (start downloading nzbs or start post-processing finished downloads).

I'm not sure why you would need to change the SAB download title if you're using post-processing.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Is Newsdemon broken for anyone else (or Highwinds in general)? I'm in the middle of trying to get a Newznab install up and this is not helping :mad:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

movax posted:

Is Newsdemon broken for anyone else (or Highwinds in general)? I'm in the middle of trying to get a Newznab install up and this is not helping :mad:
I am quite recently failing to connect to us-secure.newsdemon.com since you ask. It'll probably pass. I'm gonna opt to just wait it out instead of trying to connect to its alt servers/ports. (Lies.)

E: I decided to configure a back-up of the Europe server just because I don't already have one configured. europe-ssl.newsdemon.com on port 563 connects successfully.

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
So between supernews (I suspect) stripping headers for a bunch of crap and every indexing site either shutdown or closed for registration, I'm thinking about cancelling my usenet service. I've had a usenet subscription for almost as long as I've been on the Internet but it seems like it's becoming more trouble than it's worth. Anyone else share this mentality?