Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Thermopyle posted:

Yes, I feel the same as you about Charter.

What prompted me to call them was I found a link to this page and after putting in my address it showed 300/20 available and it showed the price as $90.

The lady I talked to didn't really seem to know much about it...she had to put me on hold and talk to a supervisor...but she got back on and said "we're adding that to your line now please continue to hold".

5 minutes later I was done and had faster speeds.

They did want to send out a tech to install a new modem and wouldn't let me order it without that. I'm sure they wanted to get me on their whole Charter-managed modem/router/wifi device, but gently caress that.

After I got the upgraded speeds I got on their online chat and cancelled the install appointment.

Thanks a lot for that link! I went from 30/1 to 100/10 for the same price. Took all of 5 min. If anyone else had Time Warner before they got bought out and haven't looked into what spectrum offers you should.

I already have my own modem and they didn't bring up sending a tech out or anything. It was surprisingly painless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangling pointer
Feb 12, 2010

Heads up it looks like geek was breached, if you used a CC to pay be sure to cancel it.

I have a membership at geek but haven't got this email, I saw it on reddit.