Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

duck monster posted:

I've found a solution to all this. And its a great one.

So is this what the ugly rear end site Spotplanet is using? I wonder if you can make it look prettier if you set it up yourself :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

Venkmanologist posted:

Its becoming increasingly difficult to find rips that AREN'T spread across 2 files. I can understand wanting to cut down on file size, but there is absolutely no reason a DVD rip should be 3-4 GB in size, with ~1.5 GB on each "disc". I purposely avoid Blu-Ray rips so I don't eat up hard drive storage space.

Anyone else notice this trend?

I think it's time you replace that 120GB HDD of yours, then you can get all the linux dists you want :chord:

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

GateheaD posted:

good lord this invite crap is annoying

yeah, I have this thread bookmarked and every time I enter it 2/3 of the new posts are invite crap.....

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Anyone know what's up with EFnet irc channels like a.b.teevee and a.b.moovee? I finally installed an irc client again but get an error: (+k), when trying to join the channels.

Google tells me that error is about a channel key... so are these channels closed now or what? :frogbon:

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
I think NZBmegasearcH has been brought up in this thread before but I would like to get some more opinions about it before I try it out.

It's a python program that collects newznab and other accounts to one place and aggregates search results from all those accounts in a single web interface.

I figure that it would be pretty sweet to be able to search nzbs.org, dognzb, nzbclub and Goonzb (if/when that is a thing?) all at once.

So, is anyone using it? Huge success?

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012
Just get the best of both worlds - Plexbmc.

XBMC as client and Plex as server. That way you can also use addons from both of em. :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancyclown
Dec 10, 2012

jadeddrifter posted:

Wow. Never heard of this. It is a xbmc client that connects to a plex server?

Yup, it's a kodi addon that connects to plex media server. Check the thread in the plex forums and get the Amber skin for Kodi. Works great on my mac.