Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

trying to set up SABnzbd with sonarr
when adding it to sonarr, it asks for an API key - SABnzbd doesn't seem to have an API key anywhere, so i use the one from sonarr
apparently this is the wrong key

there is no other API key, so i have no idea what im meant to put in there

e: nevermind its cool and good and hid the api key balls deep in the loving config file

hbag fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Fancy_Lad posted:

The program really should have told you somewhere that you could also find it in Config->General ;)

it did - config -> general "of the third party app im using" (sonarr)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright well since sabnzbd is cool and good and doesnt loving support SOCKS proxies what else can i use
since my usenet provider isn't accessible from outside so i need to set up an SSH tunnel to access it

and sabnzbd is a little bitch that doesnt like those and DEMANDS i connect directly

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Skarsnik posted:

SSH tunnel?

You sure it doesn't just need an SSL connection?

And if not, uh, get a better provider?

my usenet access is via SDF as part of my metaARPA membership
and, no, i do mean SSH tunnel

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Skarsnik posted:

well that sounds like a ball ache

You considered just buying a cheap block instead?

im paying for enough subscriptions as-is

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alright well SABnzbd finished downloading a bunch of things but now they're just text files in directories instead of "compiling" into video files
whats up with that

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i switched to another provider, this one does yes

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Fancy_Lad posted:

It sounds like you may have changed sab to not actually unpack or delete what it downloads (configurable on a per download basis, defaults are in Config->Categories on the processing column), but I wouldn't expect you to see .txt files if this is the case - you would generally have a ton of small archive files (rar, rxx, simply numbered files, or something similar)...

i havent touched the settings beyond connecting my usenet provider

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Vykk.Draygo posted:

What do the text files look like? How are they named?

[edit: snip]

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

wolrah posted:

That's an obfuscated post, the files with the hexadecimal names are your RARs. The PAR stage should normally figure this out, but sometimes it doesn't for reasons.

Edit: There doesn't seem to be a PAR2 file there so that'll be your problem.

I haven't used SAB in a while but if it was only told to Download and not to Repair/Extract I think it might end up doing this. Or it could just be a broken NZB that doesn't have the PAR files.

Well, I have no idea how to fix this. Someone on Reddit said I need to get postprocessing to "Delete+", but it already was, so...

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

wolrah posted:

If you know where the NZB came from, look at its file listing on the indexer and see if it has PAR files included. If it doesn't, it's just a bad NZB and you should go look for a different one (possibly for the same post of the same files even) which does list them.

If it does list them, then something went wrong on your side and if you are sure that it was set to run the full postprocessing then you'll need to dig in to the SAB log files to figure out anything more.

Those logs will contain a lot of file and post names, so as noted above do not post them here.

It has ".par2" files and ".rar" files, which seem normal.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I didn't get a chance to see what the files are, but did you try unpacking the main archive file (either .rar or .part01 usually, or something similar) and seeing if it works?

That's what SABnzbd's doing. The files it leaves me with are, well... I'll PM you.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

decided to try updating my SABnzbd
installed it via github
got the dependencies, etc

and of course

yes, i did pull the master branch, before someone tells me to do that

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rooted Vegetable posted:

Their releases are here, including a source download if you wish. Cloning from Github isn't listed as a method.

it is if youre on debian lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

xtal posted:

Wrong Python version

Make sure the script is invoked with a recent version of Python 3. You may need to execute "python3 myscript.py" instead of relying on the hashbang. If that doesn't work then the system version of Python is also too old.

running sudo apt install python3.9 seems to install the dependencies but... not the package itself
lol

also in that screenshot i was using python3

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

xtal posted:

If you're using Debian this is probably some crap with update-alternatives. What if you explicitly run "python3.9"?

command not found

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah gently caress it i just got nzbget

here's hoping it works lol
(no that screenshot isnt :filez:)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

my brain is in fact huge
it turns out i was misunderstanding what sonarr meant by remote path mapping

so now im trying to figure out how the gently caress to get KBFS working on a raspberry pi so i can put the downloads somewhere i can actually access

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah i just got a webdav server running on my pi and connected to it with a totally legitimate copy of mountain duck lmao

now to wait and see if it actually works once these episodes finish downloading

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

getting the "cant find files to import" error again but luckily this time there's actually a video file rather than garbled nonsense
it's a .mkv file, and im assuming sonarr doesn't like those (otherwise it wouldnt be whining, right?)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

EL BROMANCE posted:

MKVs will make up the vast majority of releases, and Sonarr should play fine with them.

dang

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rooted Vegetable posted:

That obfuscated filename is normal, Sonarr et al will rename it when importing to your media library. If downloading yourself it's a quick job to rename it manually.

that's not what im getting at, look at the first screenshot
sonarr's saying it cant import it
why

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

restarting sonarr as an administrator seems to have fixed it
now they're all "waiting to import", assuming they'll import when everything's done downloading?

e: nevermind lol as soon as i posted that they all went orange and suddenly cant find the files

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i mean for now i can just manually navigate to the webdav directory but thats a bit fuckin annoying honestly

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Nitr0 posted:

Dude this isn’t for you. Maybe you should go buy blu rays.

lmao gently caress off

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Nitr0 posted:

No u

Every post you’ve made here could have been resolved by just slowing down and searching the solutions and / or not making poo poo so loving complicated and using ur brain.

Your overcomplications of using Debian thru a socks proxy on a rasp Pi while transferring it to 8 hard drives buried in your backyard connected by fibre optics and powered by potato batteries are probably why you can’t handle the simple steps of install program, download nzb, enjoy file.

if you read my other posts, you'd see im not using a socks proxy, i've got it mounted as a webdav drive (because i don't feel like leaving my pc on 24/7 to download poo poo, so instead im using my pi for it)
so right now it's an issue of install progam, download nzb, 'whoops sorry no video files here :)', and then manually transferring the video files to my pc

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alexandriao posted:

File access permissions, you need to set a new group, add sonarr's user to it (and whoever else you want) then change the group of the root nzb folder

then you can do `chmod +s nzbfolder` to make sure any new files and directories inherit from that :P

edit: this is basical linux system stuff, please go look up a tutorial on groups and perms!! I used to have the same problem lmao and I only learned about the s flag to chmod while searching out how to not manually set that every drat time

sonarr isn't running on the linux machine lol

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rooted Vegetable posted:

In plain terms, what is running where?

NZBget on the pi (Raspbian), Sonarr on the windows machine (has the pi mounted as a WebDAV drive)

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Matt Zerella posted:

If I can make a suggestion here, move your download mechanisms to your windows machine and your automations stay on the PI.

I'd also recommend dockerizing them so you don't have to deal with system dependency bullshit. Don't let sonarr radarr managed the files, let NZBget do it on the windows box.

You've got a complicated setup here and it's kind of scotch taped together (not your fault!).

Simplify. Wherever you want your downloads to end up is where your downloader should be.

Ideally you'd run everything on a Linux host dockerized and keep your system clean. Maybe you have an old machine you can set up for this?
I would, but, again, I don't want to leave my PC constantly running 24/7, and some of these files are quite large. The reason the download clients are on the Pi is because that's low-power and I can leave it running for months on end with little to no issues.

Rooted Vegetable posted:

In your Sonarr configuration, have you entered details about your NZBGet instance, such as it's IP, u/p, download folder etc.
Yes, otherwise it wouldn't be able to download in the first place.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

wolrah posted:

Sorry if I missed it, but why WebDAV of all things? I can't imagine that being anything but horrible for any use that isn't transferring complete files over an internet connection.

It may not be related to your problem, but it is going to drastically limit how many people are capable of helping you work with it.

If there is not some really weird requirement in play you should definitely use Samba for local network shares being accessed by Windows machines.

I'm using webDAV because for Sonarr's remote path mapping to work, it needs a local path that... has access to the remote files, apparently. So, if I mount it as a WebDAV drive, it has a local path to the remote files, and can import them via that.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

think i've discovered my current issue, mountain duck isnt syncing files for some reason so im gonna work on fixing that

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

xtal posted:

You can use many protocols to connect remote drives, the ones that are better than WebDAV are Samba, NFS and maybe even SSHFS. The process of mounting a Samba drive is very similar to a WebDAV one but with a better protocol.

https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/samba-windows-linux

Specifically, look at the sections about hosting a Linux share and accessing it from a Windows client with a drive mapping. I don't know if this will fix any problems you're having but it's definitely possible the webdav connection has some problems, the drive having 8 EB of space is also an indicator.

i'll give that a look
for now restarting mountain duck seems to have fixed it, it'll do until i get that poo poo sorted

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rooted Vegetable posted:

Can't help you here. You're also now mixing mountain duck into the mix as well

My suggestion, like others have said, is to start with a typical configuration on a single machine and get it working. Once you understand it better you'll can try abstracting between machines (if you must, I also don't see a good reason too).

im using mountain duck because windows' built in webdav functionality sucks poo poo
and, again, i'm not going to leave my pc running 24/7

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah i think when i originally installed sonarr i was being a dumbass and installed it on my pc because of dumb reasons

so, i'm going to install it on my pi, and that should solve my problems
but now, unrelated to any of this, apt is being a shithead again and earlier it turned out my root disk was full of garbage - so im fixing both of those before i do it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

finally got everything working
now the only thing im struggling with is my pi's lovely internet connection but that's probably because im running lke 4 different things on it lol
ill trim em down tomorrow

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

actually im starting to think its the fact i ticked the "let plex gently caress with your network to allow access from outside your LAN" thing
it was not this bad before

then again its 6 am and around the time people are getting on the internet so maybe it is just that

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

please direct yourself to an anger management class chief i already said i sorted my poo poo out
everything's running on the pi now, installed a plex server, rebooted the pi to fix the internet speed, everything's running fine now
chill the gently caress out
jesus

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Nitr0 posted:

I’m chill as ice water buddy

so i take it you completely disregarded my last few posts where i said i fixed everything, in a fit of blind calmness?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

you sure got me good by... doing nothing, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

no i just have fuckall to do with my time