Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Does anybody happen to have a script that will convert stuff sickbeard pulls down to an ipad friendly format?

I'd love to maintain a list of shows that after they are grabbed, it is converted to mp4 or whatever and dumped the "automatically add to itunes" directory.

I could write one, however I am lazy and would prefer using one that already exists :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crm
Oct 24, 2004

amf5 posted:

I posted this a few months ago:

Dang, I'll give this a shot.

Does it populate the metadata on the files? Can you specify a list of the shows that are done?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

amf5 posted:

makemp4

A couple issues with this -

1) it changes / removes the existing file, which is boooooooo
2) the generated an mp4, but got an error associated with ac3 audio instead of aac

crm
Oct 24, 2004

What's the best / cheapest block space provider that's not readnews or giganews provider?

crm fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 13, 2012

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Shy posted:

Blocknews?

I meant readnews, not highwinds. I'm dumb.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Can somebody give me a rundown on how Spotweb works? The docs don't really explain what it is.

I've got it installed and had it pull everything, but I'm not exactly sure how it's different than newznab.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

I use supernews as my primary account and blocknews and astraweb as my block accounts.

What's the best highwinds or holland provider block account?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Is there any way to tell Sickbeard to have stuff organize like this:

Under Config -> Post Processing, set the Naming Pattern

I use this: Season %0S/%SN - S%0SE%0E - %EN

Make sure "flatten folders" isn't checked in the show's settings.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Yo I love you.

I had SickBeardtoSAB.exe or whatever doing this for me and it was just dumping everything anywhere it saw fit. This fixed it; and I thank you. :*

I am your magical internet support gnome

crm
Oct 24, 2004

TraderStav posted:

It appears that I have set it up the right way, and I'm smacking myself for not doing so previously. This is so much more simplistic than I had it. Thanks!

On another note, what's the verdict on Headphones and the other sickbeard-like nzb media grabbers? I believe there's one for comics as well. What other niches exist out there?

mylar is a pretty good one for comics. I've contributed code to it, I like it that much :D

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Is there an "official" Lazy Librarian source? Looks like the old one, LibrarianMike or something, is gone.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Hypnolobster posted:

I haven't bought nzb.su premium yet, but I can't see how it's even remotely as good as nzbs.org.

Is .su premium worth it over nzbs.org?

nzb.su, along with nzbs.in and dognzb has comics.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Has there been a Lazy Librarian replacement? I know there were some forks and what not, but I wasn't sure if there was a new defacto official source.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

The Gunslinger posted:

Is the Blocknews Black Friday deal only for new signups? Just shows regular price when I login.

This says it starts at 11AM EST

NewsHosting is running a 1 year $59.99 unlimited deal

Dunno if they are any good.

crm fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crm
Oct 24, 2004

What's the best iOS app for controlling SABnzbd+? myNZB is not so great.

Bonus points if it supports sickbeard/couchpotato/other stuff.