Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't it implied Dina was drawn towards Grisha's new family?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

change my name posted:

Aren’t titans super light and fluffy though? They’d probably just all float

They're lighter than they should be but they're still heavy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Joke Miriam posted:

I’m sorry. I seem to be missing something. Did The Rumbling happen? All the titans in the walls burst out and marched out to sea in single file, right? So like, are they on their way to Marley to stomp it/the entirety of Upside Down Reverse Africa/the entire planet into the dirt? Are they in standby mode somewhere? Where is Eren and how does stopping the fascists from killing the Japanese ambassador solve anything?

The Eren faction is occupying the harbor, Hanji and co. need a boat to follow Eren.

EDIT: vvvvv Oh right the plane

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 13, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here’s the speedscan of the new chapter

https://imgur.com/r/manga/juGHYoP

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ETURNA posted:

So... we apparently have only 6-7 chapters left.

https://twitter.com/KenXyro/status/1269280322811650053

So this means the final chapter will probably be January or February right? The final season of the anime is in October, I wonder if it'll finish before the manga.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently Colossal titans can swim. I can’t wait for this because it sounds hilarious

EDIT: It seems like Eren’s plan really is to just kill everyone except Paradise.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jul 7, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How is Eren even moving? Is his rib cage walking like a spider? Is he being carried by colossal titans?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did we ever find out who won that spar between Annie and Mikasa? I wonder if the author forgot about that or if it’ll become relevant.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Asuron posted:

I'm personally thinking Eren mind wipes the survivors and makes it so Titans can't ever appear again with his new powers, basically restarting the clock on humanity.

If he was going to do that why did he start the rumbling?

It'd also be kind of a downer ending if it turns out the only solution is mind control.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

change my name posted:

He can only mind control/wipe Eldians

Oh you meant he kills everyone outside of Paradis and then mind wipes them. There are Marleyans still on Paradis though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wasn't the whole point that it was her slave mindset that made her obey the royal family rather than anything actually binding?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

redsniper posted:

Whatever happened with the story of the miner?
Was there wall material under the entire walled territory? We didn't see titans erupting out of the ground when the rumbling happened.
Is the entire island titans? It's plugging up the entrance to the hollow Earth. Everyone is trapped on the inside which is why the continents are mirrored. The whole Earth is the real walls.
I've been waiting on this Chekov's gun since S1. Isayama doesn't seem like the type to set something up and then just forget...

Either the hardening went underground a bit or the colossals were originally going to be partly buried in the ground and it was changed.

EDIT: Even though it’s clear by now that they weren’t it’d make sense for them to be buried 10~ meters since the wall is only 50 meters tall but the colossal titan shifter is around 60.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I thought Levi had lost a few limbs but he only lost fingers and an eye?

Beefstew posted:

I feel like they might take a side trip to Liberio and end up fighting there. Maybe stopping what's left of Marley's military from wiping out innocent Eldians in retaliation. Hopefully Annie will be okay. I hope they're not setting Gabi up as the inheritor of the Female Titan.
Honestly, Floch's death was not nearly gruesome enough.

Huh? Liberio has been stomped already. That’s why Annie doesn’t care anymore.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

No Wave posted:

(this discussion should be spoilered)

Is Sasha in the picture?

Yes. She has her back turned.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Might be because the official translation is up on Crunchyroll. You need premium to view though, not sure why they do that with simulpub chapters now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m liking the whole previous shifters thing, gives Isayama a final chance to go wild with the Titan designs.

Super Rad posted:

Woooo I properly called that Ymir had actually let the pigs go and wasn't scapegoated. Wonder if she was rendered mute due to prior rebelliousness?

Could be both. She did let the pigs out but no one saw it so they were still scapegoating her. And every slave had their tongue cut out, not just her.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

JahRoo posted:

I assume he can remember the pigs because Ymir previously held the combination of all the titans, so an especially advanced or awakened or whatever shifter would be able to reach all the way back to her memories.

Not sure about falco though maybe it's a sign that Eren eats him?

Falco's wearing the military uniform in that shot isn't he? That means it's probably just a scene that already happened when Falco was in Marley.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Super Rad posted:

A little off topic but is it possible that Ackermans are incapable of killing shifters? Mikasa had a clear chance to kill Reiner and Berthold (two chances to kill Bert). Levi had a chance on Reiner and multiple opportunities against Zeke. Both of them had plenty of motivation and neither are the type to hesitate or make significant mistakes when it comes to killing. This would play into Eren acting with obvious disgust towards Mikasa during their last conversation as well as the concept of inescapable fate. Given what we know from the opening panels of the manga it seems like one way or another Mikasa will be in front of Eren in the penultimate moment - the question is whether she's there administering the killing blow to Eren or if she's shielding him from it.

Didn’t Mikasa say she hesitated against Reiner and Bert the first time because she still saw them as friends? The 2nd time was because it turns out Bert is scarily competent when he’s motivated.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Onmi posted:

I wonder why, to Zeke, it never occurred that rather than use the founder's power to remove the ability to have children they didn't just... remove the ability to turn into Titans? I'm still fairly certain that's the actual endgame here, as dangerous as it is to give up, essentially, your greatest weapon, it's also the only way to stop being a threat.

It still wouldn't stop Marley from massacring them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess the ram horns Titan must be Zeke’s mentor’s beast titan right? I guess Zeke had a mostly human looking beast titan because he had royal blood.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ethiser posted:

I noticed that Falco titan has a normal human face with a bird helmet I don’t like it.

I mean he’s some hosed up chimera of two titans so it’s not surprising he looks weird.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

No Wave posted:

Eren wanted to get stopped. He saw the future and made this really terrible one happen because he knew something really specific would happen (ie he would get stopped publicly by Eldians). It's an ending I know a lot of people didn't want but it's the only thing that makes sense atm.

Hasn't this been brought up in the manga(Specifically the "everyone becomes friends over a common enemy") and the other characters were like "No that's stupid and wouldn't work."?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like the spoilers floating around 4chan were indeed fake.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gibbering posted:

The only thing I want to know is does Reiner survive long enough to see his "grand sacrifice" totally go to poo poo?

Yes. He’s not dead(yet).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Asuron posted:

Nah some leaks have appeared. Although whether they're real is still up for debate

No pictures so I’m very doubtful.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I like that it was never revealed who the father of Historia's baby is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So when are we going to see those extra pages he’s adding to the final chapter? When the volume comes out?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The only spoilers I can find is that Mikasa gets married and has kids, and brings them to Eren’s grave, are those what you’re talking about? I agree that they’re very funny.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Office Pig posted:

Well you couldn't land an ending if you had a gun to your head and were probably playing it by ear the whole time but you made millions and inspired fortress fascists and school shooters a whole continent away.

Nice going, rear end in a top hat :thumbsup:

What

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was more asking about the “inspired fortress fascists and school shooters a whole continent away.” part

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Asuron posted:

It’s this.

That’s the correct interpretation. I don’t even like the ending, but that’s clearly the intended message. The city being destroyed and the child walking into the tree , beginning the cycle all over could not make that any clearer

The weird thing is that even the world’s WW2 era tech was starting to overtake titans, and by the time of the epilogue they have stealth bombers. Titans ain’t gonna do poo poo against that

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 13, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

In It For The Tank posted:

Not to defend the ending but Eren says he kills 80% of humanity, not crushes 80% of the planet. Depending on demographics and population distribution, the majority of the world may have been untouched by the Rumbling. It's a small consolation but there you go.

I mean if he intentionally went out of his way to avoid uninhabited areas sure but it seems like the Colossals just formed a line and walked until they got back to where they came.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

hatty posted:

He treated sick nobles with his advanced medical knowledge so I figured he got some leads from them.

And it still took him like a decade

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Conspiratiorist posted:

The reveal is it only took him like 2 or 3 years (Eren was still a toddler).

Oh right he found them years before he actually did the deed

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The United States posted:

Peace is easy when everyone is dead

It's not really "breaking" a peace when the survivors of global genocide finally dig themselves out of the rubble, rebuild their infrastructure, advance their technology, and finally get to bombing the bastards who, as far as they can tell, are responsible for unleashing the equivalent of global thermonuclear war them just some 70 odd years earlier.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DifferentDefinitiveEarwig-mobile.mp4

What is that from?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Bee posted:

Between AoT and GoT, starting to think tv audiences are really, really down for righteous murder.

This is kinda just a human thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DaveKap posted:

Did the manga have swimming wall titans? I forget.

Yep. It was pretty funny