Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IawMRO8Uouk

Just saw this, it makes me inexplicably angry. "You know what else I'm god of? Awesome."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Ryokurin posted:

Ok, back on subject. While I do like the changes that JCPenney is doing to prices, the screaming commercials is what's annoying me right now, especially since one is being shown on almost every commercial break in prime time this week. Feb 1 can't get here quick enough.

Oh god, I'm seeing these just about every commercial break watching 30 Rock/Parks and Rec and it's the most annoying thing I've seen in a long time. Who loving thought having a bunch of middle-aged women screaming at the top of their lungs for a solid 30 seconds was a good idea for an ad?

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Industrial posted:

The Zooey Deschanel commercial bothers me as well. What is supposed to be appealing exactly about an adult who acts like a 4 year old girl/is confused by life?

Just came here to post about this commercial. I've never understood the neckbeard obsession with this girl. "Ooh I'm so awkward and quirky, don't you just love me?!"

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
Just saw a Dunkin Donuts commercial of a group of hipsters sitting on some front steps talking about "artisan" bagels. I've never wanted to punch somebody in the face more than after watching that video.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Gaunab posted:

Google+ ads, while a noble endeavor, don't make it seem too appealing. They all seem so generic like the guys freaking out about their friend wearing an apron and the women freaking out about an engagement. I guess it's better than their first ads where the guy stalked the girl and ended up marrying her.

And this Klondike ad. I was watching the South Park Marathon yesterday and they seriously played it like 3 times per commercial break.

That loving klondike commercial. Comedy Central plays it at least once every single commercial break. It's a lovely commercial with a guy dancing like a spaz, and the song is creepy as gently caress. It's a woman singing about how she is "sugar daddy's little girl."

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
Hahaha holy gently caress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29RtkDsTuuc

It's like a perfect storm of poo poo.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
"Terrible. Terrible. Driver. Driver. Cut across. Cut across." STOP loving REPEATING EVERYTHING YOU SAY, SCORSESE.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
I'm getting really sick of these Snow White commercials. What the hell kind of accent is Charlize Theron trying to do? "HUNT HAR DOWN!"

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
Just saw a political ad for my state of Maine that consisted of a bunch of old people complaining about their opposition because he helped build wind turbines and they don't like the way they look. Hurry up and die, you useless old fucks.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Pyroclastic posted:

We've got a commercial in Washington that's a bunch of old men in a diner or something talking about how horrible the democratic candidate for governor's record was. I wonder if there's a national PAC running similar ads in multiple states.

That's the thing though, they never talked about the guy's record at all. They're a bunch of 60+ year old babies whose entire argument was "WAAH windmills look poopy! Vote Republican!"

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Now I'm the fool. Hang on a moment while I defenestrate my TV! :ssj:

E:

Wow, $12.75 for the last Assassin's Creed? Amazon was gonna give me a quarter.

Goozex gives a better value for trade-ins towards another used game. For instance, Glyde will give me $6.50 for Battlefield Bad Company 2, Goozex will give me almost 1/3rd of a full priced new game (Dishonored = 1000 points, trade in for Bad Company 2 = 300 points).

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
"What's the best way to market our 3D TVs and the new Call of Duty game? I got it! Get some annoying fat guy with stupid hair to scream incoherently and giggle on a fake battlefield!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45LawQl8T-M

I hope whoever made this gets fired.

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
Something about the way the announcer talks on the Kindle commercials is really off-putting to me. The way he slowly over-enunciates every syllable makes me think of an alien trying their hardest to replicate human speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbcwsSZCKuI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010
The commercials for Amy Schumer's new show don't make it look very promising. Every single joke seems to boil down to "lol im such a slut! stds! abortions!" Gonna be pretty hard to carry an entire show on the back of that one-note premise.