Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Silento posted:

Wind Waker is already the best Zelda, it's hard to imagine it being even better. But if it was... :gizz:

I like to think Majora's Mask as the best zelda but that's just my opinion. I just liked how they made the game more darker than any of the others and it felt really good.

And if I remember correctly, It's the only [3D] Zelda game to have an innocent die in it [Getting the Zora Mask]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

canoshiz posted:

There is a guard that dies in the back alleys of the market in OoT after the whole Zelda escaping with Impa scene plays but before you get the Master Sword.

:aaaaa: Where can I read up on this if it's true? Also I guess you can also consider Saria and that Gerudo thief deaths as well but I meant the whole rescuing the Zora and the scene that comes after.

E: to clarify, I knew that I'd end up with a Goron and Zora mask eventually but I never thought it'd be from someone dying. It was kinda sad.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

John Quixote posted:

A lot of the major stream chatrooms are insufferable as it is but this seems particularly nasty.

Shame to see a choke like that in BitS, though. :(

edit: They're spamming hearts in the chatroom so maybe I spoke too soon?

Never try to understand stream monsters. Any little mistake and the chat gets flooded with "RESET!" and then 10 seconds later everyone's talking about how "this is the run/urn"

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

COSMO DID IT!

I don't exactly know what "it" is, but he did some playing with the baton then swam backwards a whole bunch and now he's on a messed-up island!

He got to Great Fish Island before getting all three pearls and avoiding the KORL lock.

The reason the Island was all messed up was because it didn't load completely.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

DoctorWhat posted:

HE GOT EARLY BOMBS, I THINK! 3+ hours saved, apparently. Holy poo poo.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone watch Kakipi1000's Sonic runs?

The funny thing is that there may now be proof that you don't need bombs anymore now with super swimming :v:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I really hope the WW community can find a way to use Storage in a way where they can skip great amounts of time. It's a really unique glitch.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

I dunno, that hand doesn't look like it's his, given the placement on his shoulder.

He did a tweet earlier showing that he painted his nails.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Violen posted:

Guys, it's loving painted nails. I'm pretty sure it's a joke, or a lost bet, or whatever. I don't think he's trying to share his fashion decisions in a 100% straight-faced post.

"Just painted my nails green #YOLO"

Take that as you will.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Do paper mario speedruns usually have that many deaths? I feel bad for him choking so hard near the end. At least he's a good sport about it v:shobon:v

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I just wished I knew what his mind was thinking when he thought he didn't have the star beam :v:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Aidan_702 posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/Zfg1 streams nearly every night, he's currently trying to beat SVA's any% Majora's Mask run and inching closer each time. He's also one of the funniest runners and he interacts really well with his stupid chat. And he's always informative too!

He hosed up so bad in snowhead.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Luckily you guys have never watched Mofat/Zodiacsmash's stream as every time he fails to do something [He speedruns Twilight princess so those skips and tricks are usually hard to impossible to pull on the first time] he constantly swears whilst putting "human being" between each swear. I literally stopped watching between his constant swearing bullshit and when he reset and threw his gamecube controller on the ground, breaking it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Sometimes when watching people speedrun bad games it sometimes gives me a thought of attempting to stream some games in hopes of speedrunning them. Due to most likely not having good PC specs and reconsidering speedrunning Sega/Masterdrive games keeps me away though.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

If you're gonna play Holy Diver then you HAVE to be good. Holy Diver doesn't take poo poo from non-good players.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

It's more because we've seen the same thing said so drat much that we'd rather just ignore it unless the idiot is being a gigantic gently caress and spamming.

Also because we're all hype for those Gobi resets :swoon:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'd rather have some random nobody be a moron in chat rather than hearing the streamer himself spout bullshit to be honest.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Aidan_702 posted:

At this stage only Cosmo and Zfg are the only popular, and nice streamers I've come across that have yet to be: incredibly homophobic, libertarian maniacs, racists, or just unpleasantly rude.

:edit: everyone go to zfg's stream now http://www.twitch.tv/zfg1

Have you ever watched Stivitybobo's channel? I'm not sure if he's said anything stupid so far as he's usually quiet. He also does banjo Kazooie runs.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Omnigamer is cool too. Anyone who can play TimeCop like that is okay in my books.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

BlueArmyMan posted:

duckfist and sinister1 are rad as hell. Doesn't hurt I'm a huge sucker for anyone who plays old NES stuff (see also funkdoc, feasel).

Oh man how the hell could I forget about Feasel? The moment I saw him speedrunning NES ULTIMA IV I knew he was great.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

It seems like if he spends some time hitting the parts seperately a few times first he can always avoid that due to them having different health values. Shooting part 1 3 times, part 2 5 times, and part 3 7 times and then just using breaker would fix everything.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Ahahahahahahaha peaches dead.

Death by unicorns.

KirkQ wins.

Dizz fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 21, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

In about 3 months, Funkdoc will be adamantly trying to hit sub 18.

Is there some sort of medical name for this kind of thing funkdoc and siglemic have?

E: I feel it's more than OCD. like they see OCD people and want to surpass them. Super Saiyan OCD??

Dizz fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 22, 2012

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

Same reason you play MOBA games.

Dunning Kruger?

E-Tap posted:

Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure Mike Uyama suffers from it too. Without fail, every time he gets a new personal best on Sub-Terrania, the first words out of his mouth, after the insane laughter subsides, is "I think sub-[minutes digit of new best time] is possible."

Yeah man it's baffling how much punishment they're asking for. I guess it's cool that they keep wanting to push the game and their skill to the limit but geez man take a day or two as a break or something.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Does streaming eat up any CPU?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Funkdoc's playing some Haunted Castle: http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

That intro is literally killing me.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

That typing of the dead run was amazing, thanks Peaches.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

What the hell is Deerforce anyways?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Came for the ~~(_°<°_)~~, stood for the #MOESHA and TriHard

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

pixaal posted:

Where is a stream to this event that appears to be happening? I appear to be retard and can't find it.

http://www.twitch.tv/smwmarathon

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I never knew Hamtaro games existed.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Oh my god this Bowser's blast is so loving hype.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

E-Tap posted:

PJdicesare is streaming more Battletoads + Double Dragon NES with mecha_richter. If you thought the original Battletoads was pretty broken, this game steps up to the challenge of surpassing it. The BT+DD run for AGDQ2013 is probably my most anticipated run for the marathon.

I never knew BT+DD was for the NES as well :monocle:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Meat Recital posted:

At least we haven't caught a speedrunner jerking off on stream yet.

Pro gamers are doing it, I'm just waiting for a speedrunner to do it.

Calling it now that the first person to do it will be Cosmo since he already has a hand/keyboard cam.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

furry drum circle posted:

I AM SO loving MAD LOOKANI WOULDNT WORK :qq:

Did you install Banzai Buddy at all?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Al Zheimer was a cheater too, not letting Peaches_ put down his circle :argh:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

Uhh did you not see the bad news posted like four hours ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQEBRRFaZQQ

I'm so sorry. :(

:negative: gently caress

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Crotch Bat posted:

So, uh, why no Holy Diver?

Are you loving serious?

:negative:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

End of Life Guy posted:

Mofat was doing Twilight Princess runs last night. When I went to bed at around 3am CST he was -2:58. Anyone know how that run wound up?

My guess would be because he's a lovely speedrunner whom doesn't put effort into practicing. Also what the previous dudes said.

I was stoked to see a Twilight Princess Speedrunner until I heard him say 'human being' like a million times in under a minute.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Karsh posted:

She had a two star handicap, but all things considered she did really well. There were a couple of minigames where she carried her team to victory.

Fun marathon, I'm glad Pie was able to raise so much money so quickly. Although he should probably stop streaming League of Legends, it's killing his viewer count :ohdear:

I think he'd have gotten more viewers if he streamed Mario party with all players as Easy CPU. 0xwas did that once and it was loving Magnificent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

MrLonghair posted:

Cosmo's a good guy who explains what's going on, Mirrored basically took over the commentary, used "we", whined about his own donation name ideas not getting donations (iirc), rambled about his cancer surviving mother, and did not shut up despite being kindly asked to do it by Cosmo himself, at least once.

(Was hard to listen to the stream at the time because of him. Nobody laid a hand on his shoulder and told him to shush or gtfo?)

Maybe next year we can have Mofat do a Twilight Princess run, fail every trick, then listen to him say human being every 5 seconds while breaking someone's gamecube controller. [God I hope this never happens]

• Locked thread