Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That seems like a loving steal for the amount of home you get. I wouldn't even redecorate most of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Youth Decay posted:

someone signed off on this thinking it looked good

Put some different colors and more of them, it might look OK.

Liquid Communism posted:

Reminds me of the Fly Geyser.

Tried to drill a well, hit an artesian hot spring. Hasn't stopped spraying in a century.

That's what happens when someone finds out they enjoy a vibrator inside their urethra.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I was focused on the hand rails being useless for anyone going up the ramp, I didn't even look at the bottom :stare:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/JD7L2zv.mp4

I'd still drive it.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Bad Munki posted:

Wow, what a boring joke

This really isn't a good bit.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I remember seeing this in one of those 1950's "house of the future" concepts. Everything would be plastic and waterproof, so no more vacuuming or sweeping, just hose down the entire living room every week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bTwY08MJO4

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/A0XXxpq.mp4

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Zil posted:

Based on what the master bedroom wall color used to be before we bought the house, I don't think so. There are people that actually do like that color on their walls. Though it could have been worse, the neighbors had to replace the bright orange shag carpet that the previous owner had installed.

Bullshit, they didn't HAVE to.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've seen this building being discussed in four separate threads now, I haven't seen Goons this united in a while.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

If you don't set up a water positive bathroom loop that feeds the excess poop water into a hydroponics tile, don't even talk to me.

Bonus points if you feed it to the showers by way of a water sieve that only removes chunks and doesn't kill the germs or pee.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

When I worked at Walgreens, some old guy came in with his receipt to get a credit of ten cents that we overcharged him somehow. He specifically came in just for that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Platystemon posted:

One weird trick to protect against giant hornets.

Glad I'm not the only one that breaks out into hives at the thought of doing electrical work.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

By popular demand posted:

They drilled through a solar panel? Would it still work?

:catstare: I thought someone had put down a foil tile for retaining heat.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Since when do the rich care about legality

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

mr.belowaverage posted:

I think I would be ok without a railing, unless you’re the type who gets up from the foot of your bed.

The spiral staircase makes no sense, and doesn’t save any useful space over a good usable loft ladder.

I guess with a ladder you can’t really carry like a tea and a snack to bed?

Sleepwalkers are doomed in that setup. I once tried to lift my entire dresser by myself while sleeping.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'd hate to be the poor rear end in a top hat that has to fix that.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

How did you spill that much ranch at once?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Y'know, that's pretty tempting.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Blindeye posted:

Did you read the part where the roof got blown off the top of it?

There's a reason they didn't show more recent photos, I suspect.

Only in the gym, why would a goon need the gym

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

They're trying to cut their power usage.

Now I've sawzall.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I replaced the batteries in our thermostat today. Five minutes later we check it, as my girlfriend says it was finicky the last time she changed them.

They were incredibly hot and one of the three had started melting the wrapper off itself :psyduck:

Anyway the problem was the spring for the back battery wasn't lined up and was causing some kind of bad connection, it's fine now.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Angry Pie posted:

Why the gently caress didn't they put a normal corner/lazy-susan type cupboard where the dishwasher is, and put the dishwasher where the single cupboard is on the right side? If you even need a dishwasher in the first place, but I guess that depends on how many bedrooms this place has. Wow I had no idea I could be this angry about kitchen design.

If it couldn't be done in a Sims game, it shouldn't be done in real life.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

couldcareless posted:

The cherry on top of that poo poo sunday is they aren't even married.

...so?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ah.

Paying $20k over asking and skipping the inspection, I'm sure that won't cause problems in their relationship then.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

That bathroom resulting in the creation of an actual Doom map is seriously one of the funniest goddamn things I've ever seen. I desperately hope Foone plays it on a dishwasher.

Not even groverhaus has reached such dizzying heights.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Unless you're doing multiple loads one after the other, who unloads the dishwasher seconds after it finishes??

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Some house in Estonia.

That's a strip club in a 90s FPS game.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

koshmar posted:

So it's got 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, a spacious kitchen and direct access to a large cave system.

https://twitter.com/zillowgonewild/status/1557394243894886402?s=20&t=J1L527Xp0A3v7cToX8Fkdg

This is basically me in every game where you're allowed to build houses and dig underground.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Thanks, multiple previous owners.

Edit: Three loving layers of paint on these walls and outlets.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 20, 2022

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

binge crotching posted:

Hasn't it been since the 60s that grounds were required in the US? I'd be scared of what kind of wiring you're going to find if you pull those plates off.

Yeah uh I'm not messing with anything electric besides replacing a switch if it needs it. A full rewire is on the list, pretty sure it's mostly original from 1955 or so.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'm really glad y'all talked about those three prong adapters. My partner got a free 55" TV from her friend and casually mentioned to me that she bought an adapter for the wall. Guess we'll be running an extension cord to the basement or something for a bit lol

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

That picture of the back doesn't look that bad, unless I'm missing something. All the horrors are inside and on the front.

The windows appear to match and everything!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Orvin posted:

I think there is a quota of at least one house a block with that in suburbia. I know my neighborhood has quite a few of those sprinkled around. Some original to being built in the 80s, and some due to shoehorning a 3rd garage bay onto the property.

Yeah I didn't even look twice at that, it's pretty normal around here.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Grover was a GOON? :pirate: This is shocking news.

Grover was also a mod and kept probing people that gave him poo poo about the house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/9caxkVc.mp4