Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
I'm pretty sure the new Sigh album is the best thing ever recorded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

TheQat posted:

New Faceless is out and about . . . honestly I was hoping for something as straightforward as Planetary Duality but this one trends a bit toward prog and maybe a tiny bit of symphonic stuff? Not really sure what to call it. Anyway the technical stuff is still really cool, it's just not what I was expecting

Hymn of Sanity is pretty much PD summed up in one short song. It's good they went in a different direction though, I've listened to Planetary Duality about a gazillion times so I'm glad they kept it fresh.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

The new Enslaved record is something else, i think it's their best yet.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

I can't really listen to any of their pre-Monumension albums, i have trouble liking the full catalogue of any black metal band bar Blut aus Nord.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Vanitas is huge, i'm really digging the random electronic stuff they've put in the album.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

The new Arsis EP is fab, it's also free

http://www.scionav.com/collection/1287/Arsis---Lepers-Caress

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

m-o-o-n posted:

Arcturus did the whole "oh we're so weird here's some carnival metal" thing years ago and sucked at it

Hey, Arcturus is the bomb bro :colbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pK1Os14rVg

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

The new Soilwork is a good bit of fun, i was afraid it would get boring by the end of the first disc but it didn't.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Houseplant posted:

Bitchin'. The Behemoth album just leaked.

It's missing 2 tracks but it's still loving great, their best work so far imo.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Besides Colony and Clayman, R2R and Soundtrack had maybe 2 or 3 good songs but Come Clarity really sucked rear end, it's just best not to bother with their recent work.

TheIllestVillain fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Feb 26, 2014

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

kirkjames posted:

New Teitanblood leaked, and I've only got about halfway through it, but it is loving MIGHTY. the production seems to be a lot less muddy than seven chalices but it still sounds raw as gently caress.

It's straight up evil, i'm on my third listen already.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

The new Aborted album is heavy as hell, might be their best since Goremageddon.

The opening track is a monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Khhze3h5Cs

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Oldstench posted:

I guess you've never listened to Intestine Baalism?

Whatever happened to these guys? Ultimate Instinct was my jam back in 09.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

gently caress that guy, Skeletonwitch is awesome

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Season of Mist has a stream up for Misery Index's new album

It's real good

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

some serious aryan spirit right there

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

The new Septicflesh album is streaming and it is sick

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

fruition posted:

Also, how gay am I that I loving love this new song by Job For a Cowboy? I never dug them too much but I heard this song playing on a local college radio station that plays obscure metal music and had to pull over and shazaam it. http://youtu.be/zDo-VEam_JA

i'm looking forward to the new album but that is some buttugly cover art i mean god drat

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

All death metal bands that aren't Dismember are terrible

y'all can stop bickering now

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

the new job for a cowboy album is surprisingly good, hard to believe this is the same band that released doom all those years ago

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

List needs more Bloodshot Dawn - Demons. Metalsucks finally did a piece on it today: http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/11/18/melodeath-done-right-bloodshot-dawn/

I've been spinning this non-stop since it came out, it's such a fun record.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

A human heart posted:

Drudkh isn't a nazi band, it's just made up entirely of dudes who happen to be or have been in nazi bands.

i'm not sure how serious Roman is about being NS since he ended Hate Forest to start a band all about how good and cool ancient Middle Eastern mythology is

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

really enjoying the latest Paradise Lost album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7O1z-Vw9Vc

their last few albums have been pretty solid but the new one is probably their best since Draconian Times

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

goddamn this is good, heavy as hell

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

New krallice is real good

its drat good but really short, like half the length of their usual LPs

the new Nile is also out (or leaked idk) and its $ick

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Really digging the new gently caress the Facts LP, i've always liked their ~melodic~ brand of grindcore but they really hit out the park with this latest effort.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

Everything up to and including Clayman is great

Everything afterwards not so much, though I kinda like STYE but I'm definitely in the minority around here about that

pretty much this

STYE and R2R arent too bad and have some good tracks, come clarity and everything after though are bad 100% bad

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

I've been listening to the leak of the new Intronaut LP and it's amazing, i've never really been able to get into this band until now.

It also made me revisit the rest of their catalogue which turns out is just as great.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Well Prehistoricisms is by far their best imo but if you're into proggier poo poo more than sludge then by all means continue through their catalog.

I think Valley of Smoke is where they started to really hit their stride but Prehistoricisms has Any Port so i'd say it's a toss up.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

El Estrago Bonito posted:

My AOTY is def Exercises in futility by Mgla. I realize that most people won't like that album, but I fall into a very slim margin of people for whom "Summoning with more hardcore influenced riffs" is extremely my poo poo. Second place is a tie between Black Fast -- Terms of Surrender and Tribulation - The Children of the Night, because I like dumb goofy things (my favorite metal bands right now are Dissection, Summoning and Warlord).

hell yeah the new Black Fast LP was crushing.

My AOTY is a tossup between the following:

Krallice - Ygg huur

Leviathan - Scar Sighted

Intronaut - The Direction of Last Things

Sigh - Graveward

also honourable mentions to the new gently caress the Facts and Nechochwen albums.

TheIllestVillain fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 28, 2015

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Varg posted:

now listening to a FLAC rip and not a lovely youtube quality preview version of the new Baroness.. hot drat I am liking this so far

word. i wasn't crazy about yellow/green but purple is really drat good.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

really digging Chthe'ilist' debut album, must listen for any fans of good death metal

its very demilich type dm, except better cause there's no ridiculous frog vocals

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Shakenbaker posted:

New Cobalt track up at NPR. Not entirely sold on the new vocals but I dig everything around them.

Got high hopes for this, i really liked the latest Lord Mantis LP so i'm down with the new vocals

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Counterpoint: it sucks. Unless you loooooove midpaced chanting

wrong

its definitely the best thing theyve done since theogonia

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Cardiac posted:

So Amon Amarth is releasing their new album on the 25th of March, and both Cult of Luna and Hatebreed releases new albums.
Looks like this will be a good year.

i was cautiously optimistic about the new cult of luna ever since i heard it's a collab with the vocalist from battle of mice but the new track is actually really good

A human heart posted:

that's not saying much, everything after Triarchy is pretty rubbish.

agreed mostly but theogonia has a couple of bangers, so does this new one.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

il_cornuto posted:

Thanks to whoever mentioned Dead Congregation, their latest album is incredible. It's also probably the heaviest album I've enjoyed this much (barring different types of heaviness like doom or whatever). Any recommendations for similar stuff?

Grave Miasma

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Vulture Culture posted:

I can't think of a single other metal band that burned so bright for a debut and then faded out so fast.

i thought their second album (UiR) was great and the one after wasn't bad but the last few have been not great.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

really looking forward to their new EP, i was nuts about their debut LP when it first dropped

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

Behold, skeltonwitch's littler and angrier brother

https://frosthelm.bandcamp.com/

hell yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Defiant Sally posted:

I like the direction Fallujah has taken since Harvest Womb. I'm sure most of this thread hates them but I don't care.

https://soundcloud.com/nuclearblastrecords/fallujah-scar-queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ekrISzHG5A

i didn't know they had another album in the works, looking forward to it