Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Atticus Finch posted:

Occupy RAW :doh:

I hope they introduce a new cop wrestler that loves pepper spraying people and he's the face.

RIP Bossman...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Half the monsters would end up being Terry Funk in costume.

So just Austin or do we want a whole scooby gang for this?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

drat Storm...

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

oldpainless posted:

I imagine the Sandman taking 10 minutes walking around the room cracking beers and smoking cigarettes in an expensive suit during his business dealings.

He can't keep good stock options while sober.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

He said this last year too didn't he?

Pretty sure he did

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mystery Opponent posted:

Oh Ace...

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Given how UltraMantis Black is sorta communist, could this be another strike at him?

(Probably not, but hey.)

Communist AND Vegan. Double whammy

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

How dare you besmirch the name of Kevin Steen, good sir.

Gerard's gimmick is that of a scummy, unwashed malcontent who hates everyone, but he has only one-tenth the charisma that Steen does (if that), maybe a third of the talent (if that), and he weighs about a quarter of what Steen does.

It's not a very good comparison.

To be fair, you could have a very successful WWE world title run with those qualifications.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

apsouthern posted:

So... it's because he's more disdainful of Slater than normal?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Huge Ghost posted:

Eventually,

Come on extendable ladders! Go the whole way!

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

I guess if you think ending a rousing game of Hungry Hungry Hippos with a superkick is normal...

You mean it isn't?

Next thing you'll tell me is that a stunner isn't the proper way to deal with Screen Watchers in Goldeneye.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Unfortunately, he's full of poo poo. Paul E. had plenty of help getting to where he is, unless his friendships with Eddie Gilbert and Tod Gordon don't count, not to mention the TV exposure on WCW television. He even brings some of that up, but then ignores it for that stupid bootstraps diatribe at the end of his rant.

No one gets over in a vacuum - people get over because other people help get them over. Steve Austin had Bret Hart and Vince, HHH had the rub from DX and his feuds with Cactus Jack and the Rock, Flair had Steamboat and Dusty and Harley Race, and so on. Unfortunately, current WWE booking makes that impossible because they set standards for what a WWE Superstar is and then punish anyone who rises to meet them who isn't HHH or someone he likes. For Paul to blame that on the talent is absurd and he should know better.

I was so tempted to just reply "Well duh" to him. Even when he brings up Bryan: he clawed his way to anything and everything and what did he get: 18 seconds at mania whereas Sheamus had been handed everything on a platter. Zack Ryder got himself massivley over, creating his own character: then got completely destroyed. Repeatedly. Tensai was never over but he got wins over Punk and Cena before he said "gently caress it." If it wasn't for Paul and Shawn Micheals backing him up: Punk would probably be back in the indys. Vince was loving gay for HBK, Bret had his whole family, Hogan had to wait for Stallone before he took off.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Should have seen it coming, but it was still funny.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is made even more funny by the fact that Mark Madden is right, even if he's being a douche about it

what's he right about?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

THE GAYEST POSTER posted:

I'd vote for him.

Republican or Democrat?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I don't really understand Ryder's endgame. Is he wanting to go to the indies? Does he think he'll be a better paid jobber in TNA where they already have a Zack Ryder?

Maybe he'll try the Colt Cabana method of being a merch and shill machine on the indies.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

DannoMack posted:

Yeah a superficial tear is the same as a strain and playing through a strain is common. Calling it a tear definitely sounds tougher than calling it a strain.

It's like man flu.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Perigryn posted:

Hackers target junkies.

Well, junkies need to change their password.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Frilled Lizard posted:

He keeps posting worse and worse pictures and basically saying "Help me, what do I do"... Is it a metal reaction, or an infection, or what the heck? I feel terrible for him. :(

Tell him to go to the doctors and get it checked out.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

AJ is talking about the slim, flattering pants with words on the butt and waistband.

Mick is talking about navy blue fleece pants that show all the dust and dander, with elastic cuffs so they don't hang below your New Balance walking shoes.

Those fleece pants are comfortable and the elastic cuffs stop them from getting torn or dipped in puddles.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

NXT is a good show, maybe he got linked a couple of eps

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

He's still harbouring that grudge against Burke?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mayo and Catsup posted:

Was this a Smackdown thing? I didn't see it and I don't get it. :(

Kaitlyn and Seth have the same hair

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Not Twitter, but Terry Funk has words for those who dislike his 4th of July video.

Shine on you mad bastard.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I don't get it, was the match bad?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Looks like we'll never get The Iron Zeke on tv :smith:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

A face turn for Brock would be pretty neat and probably the only way to improve his drawing power on his current scheduled.

Yeah, he's one of the few people that can deliver an "Awww poo poo" moment just by showing up. Having him turn would probably add an extra layer and renew him somewhat.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

It was actually Brian Pillman. Sid mouthed off to him, Pillman (being Pillman) said he'd murder him. Sid left, Sid came back with a deadly squeegee. Then everyone laughed at how stupid this was and that was it.

Bonus points for Pillman having left the bar in the time it took Sid to get a Squeegee. It's a story that always puts a smile on my face and the absurdity of it. It's why the Goldberg/Sid fued is so memorable for me, and why I liked the idea of Curtis Axel/Ryback team. I'm just a sucker for the big heel goofball character.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If one of your examples is loving Fake Razor, that's a little spurious. Listen, I'm not saying Vince isn't nuts and doesn't do lovely things, but there have also been examples of guys talking to Vince and succeeding, and I think Dolph Ziggler probably has more cachet with the boss than Fake Razor.

Not really. There's no real established mid-card security, any of those guys could be replaced in pretty much a heartbeat from a business perspective. Now the audience might be pissed if Dolph got fired but ever since they got cold feet on him earlier on, his position has dropped like a rock.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

weekly font posted:

Whatever percent Tursas is.

He's a large percent of the mass.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Austin telling it like it is.

Frankenstein was the scientist, not the monster.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Brock Lesnar is a scientist of murder. Paul Heyman is the true monster.

Hence the multiple germans i guess. Got to make it robust by repeating the experiment

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol all he had to do was lay on the loving ground. Trained to sell has nothing to do with it
He also had to get up to take a slap from Vince afterwards. The whole affair was dumb.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

dsriggs posted:

how dare you people talk bad about the only guy in the WWE that supports charties? :colbert:

Support better charities.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Spikeguy posted:

I'm telling you, there's loving money in the loving dad who is willing to burn the world to provide for his family.

Drinking the blood of his enemies out of a "#1 Dad" Mug.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mormon Juggernaut posted:

This man mainevented Wrestlemania, therefore

WWE booking is incompetent?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Is WWE really that petty-
Yes

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Memento posted:

Anyone who has ever taken organic chemistry knows how hard it is to draw one of those motherfuckers.

Fuckin' Benzine...

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Come on Mixed Martial Archie appearance (and subsequent squash)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Davros1 posted:

You can tell Vince is thinking "Goddammit Paul. How much is this going to cost me?"

Or "How the hell did this guy get a better suit than me?"