Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Any reports on battery life for the Fitbit HR? I have a Fitbit One where they say 7 day battery but it goes way longer than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

FunOne posted:

All I said was that I throw it on the charger when I take a shower. Its not like I'm going out of my way to do anything here.

According to the FAQ they say that leaving the HR sensor on all the time will drain the battery quicker. They recommend you leave it on "auto" where it only turns on when it detects activity. Maybe that could help you.

Anyway, I just ordered one. I love my Fitbit One but it's way too easy to lose. It almost went in the washing machine again.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

shrike82 posted:

I've had the Charge HR for a week and I've come to the conclusion that wrist-based HR sensors aren't ready for prime time.

Using a Garmin chest-strap as a baseline, I've seen the Charge HR under-count my heart rate on runs by 20-40 bpm.
It's especially noticeable with sudden changes in exertion level.

My guess is that Fitbit's had to make compromises with the LED sensor (reduced light intensity for longer battery life but reduced accuracy?).

Yeah it's definitely not as good at tracking workouts as a chest strap. It seems to be meant more for tracking overall daily health since you can comfortably wear it all day. I'm not going to work with a chest strap.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Thermopyle posted:

Isn't a heart rate monitor that is off 20-40 bpm pretty much useless?

Maybe it's more accurate when you're just sitting around and not running.

It's pretty accurate in my case. I guess it's different for everyone.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I enjoy my Charge HR very much. Don't get the regular Charge the clasp sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Maneki Neko posted:

Weird. After one day of use, mine was down to medium (I dunno how accurate the battery meter is in the app, but it looked like 1/2). It looked like all day sync was on, is that a big impact on the battery life?

I'm honestly not sure if I'll keep the Charge HR or not, it's not really any comfier than my old Microsoft Band was, has less features and seems to be getting pretty similar battery life. If only I could actually find a replacement Microsoft band somewhere. :(

My HR lasts about 6 days. I never look at the battery meter. I just get an email when it says it needs to be charged.