Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Logikv9 posted:

It's a Moto 360 that's thicker (bad) but has a fully-round screen with not-GWR bezels. I think it looks good.

It's actually smaller. The Moto 360 is 46mm thick and the Huawei Watch is 42mm. The Moto 360 has a 1.5" screen w/ flat tire. The H-W is 1.4" no flat tire. Also it uses much better hardware overall internally at least according to reports. For more specific comparison the Huawei Watch is 10% smaller than the 360.

Whether it does well or not is another story, the company itself is terrible so I am not really expecting anything other than a pretty looking watch. I do however like the looks of it enough to not buy a 360. Apple watch is it's own thing and by having the name Apple on it implies that it will already be a big seller. Do I think it's a good looking form factor? Absolutely not. The OS on it looks decent though. In my experience people that continue to buy iphones are the low information buyers, their buying the name because everyone else is regardless of function. Either way, if either could be used cross-platform it would be worth discussing and they're not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

gohmak posted:

The silver and gold Huawei Watches looks nice. If they make it compatible with the iPhone I may get one to alternate with my Apple Watch.

Not sure how they would make it compatible since it's Android Wear. I guess they could make their own OS on it, but I think the hardware limits the options for compatibility. Your only option for a similar round watch that is cross platform is the Alcatel OneTouch and its pretty terrible at even being a watch, or so I've read. Also doesn't look really good in general.

I'm more interested in what the team up between google, intel and tag results in, but I don't think we'll see much on that until later this year.

thebushcommander fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 16, 2015