Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

lelandjs posted:

:suicide:

I like Simon Pegg, but he's not making it easy for me to like him. I'm really starting to belive that he's worthless if Edgar Wright isn't directing.

Nick Frost, on the other hand, was fantastic in Pirate Radio and thus escapes being tarred with the same feather.

Unfortunately, that movie had a rather poo poo Photoshopped poster:

The British poster for the movie was way better, at least for the virtue of not shoving every single character onto the poster. Also, The Beatles.

While looking for that one, I also found out about the Japanese poster, which is actually incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

asvodel posted:

Perhaps obvious to point it out, but I immediately thought of this:

(H.R. Giger's cover for the album Brain Salad Surgery by Emerson, Lake and Palmer)
And looking closely at the two of them next to each other the movie poster even literally traced a lot of the small details as well, like the little dents around the eye sockets, etc.

To me, Giger always seemed very... consistent, I suppose. A lot of reoccurring themes in his work.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

That's a nice joke you made there, I bet you didn't notice that you made a joke.
Allow me to explain the joke you just made to you

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The train scene in Lone Ranger ruled

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

lol. Took me a minute to realize that shape in the back was the confederate battle flag, SS logo and review scores all in one

That is outstanding. Whoever did that deserves a raise.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Kraps posted:

First official poster for Dead Men Tell No Tales, I guess

The Dread Pirate, Dustin Rhodes.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

seem like the whole city, go against me
every time i'm in the street i hear
yawk yawk yawk yawk

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

Would 'introducing' be considered a special appearance?

There was a recent movie that used that one for comedic purposes. Was it The Hateful Eight?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

kiimo posted:

Bothans shown alive and well. Bothans: This is fine. Everything is fine. *grazes*

A team of Bothans steal the plans for the Death Star and say "phew, hope we don't have to do that again"

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

A friend of mine told me about this film on Netflix about a man who is killed by a billionaire and reincarnates as a house fly in order to save the woman he loves

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Welcome to the family, son.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

the composition here is pretty unmistakably Giger, is it based on a specific work or is it just one to evoke the style of his paintings?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I've seen that logo before.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

morestuff posted:

"You'll float too" doesn't really sound that spooky out of context

I dunno, Modest Mouse scares the hell out of me

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz8R2xxeyaA
what the gently caress is this movie

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

this is a good poster that inspired a good album art

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

sorry, I think you mean

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Come on, poster people. The actual sign is pretty iconic.

a horror movie where the haunted doll looks exactly like that would be way more interesting

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

how can they hold their sword in their feet without high heels

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

Things I remember from steel:
-Shaq running around with a sledghehammer in a goofy "steel" suit.
-The sidekick having a rad wheelchair with guns built in to it.
-Internet Nazis.

So a surprisingly prescient story then

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is going to be worse than Shenmue 3. I don't know if Shenmue 3 is gonna be good or not, but it's going to at least bring some sort of resolution to the cliffhanger from 17 years ago. Could you imagine how deflated the audience would have been if Yu Suzuki announced that Shenmue 3 was a prequel?

ok you say that but
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/yu-suzuki-says-shenmue-iii-will-get-us-40-percent-through-ryos-story

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I haven't watched Zombieland Saga but as far as I understand this is the plot of the show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG9SsQDXwLg

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

It's been three years and I'm still baffled by the moral of Kubo and the Two Strings being if a family member abused you and ruined your life, the best option is to brainwash them into being a good guy with no memory of the many, many atrocities they committed. The ending was so jarring and felt like it came out of nowhere. Like it was a gorgeous movie but christ I would've been really hosed up if I'd seen that as a kid.

Paranorman was great though.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

man first they're immune to face scanning, now this. Juggalos really are the chosen ones

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Is that a Kinu Nishimura? It looks like her work.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Dungeon something? I need more info on this fantasy cooking anime.

It's called Delicious in Dungeon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJQb5BP1nTU

The healer of an adventuring party gets eaten by a dragon. The party want to go rescue her, but are too poor to afford any more food for their continued adventures. They decide to save money they're gonna cook and eat the monsters they kill. It is legitimately one of the greatest manga of the last decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/50cent/status/1694387584389235018