Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

Santa's sleigh, pulled by eight tiny mooses

I think the plural of moose is just moose

moooooooose if you need to get specific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this is what happens when you allow gay marriage: everyone is getting a gay divorce.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wanna be Mr. Weatherbee, and go mad rutty on some of that Miss Grundy trim.

The MSJ posted:

I think Cole Sprouse is more famous for being one half of a very popular Disney Channel franchise.

Also Ms Grundy is played by Sarah Hable who was in both Hostel Part 3 and The Butterfly Effect 3.

Would you believe that one of the plot points revealed in the pilot is that Archie did, indeed, bone down with Hot Young Miss Grundy over summer break?

Because that is 1000000% true.

edit: Proof. Again, spoilers.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

That's the most unexpected mature audiences tag I've ever scrolled down to

are you kidding? it's like 50% naked pussy

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mierenneuker posted:

"Sad-sack" is not a word I would use to describe Pete Holmes. He is like a former Christian Summer camp counselor who can barely stop himself from making dad jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK8G_VAuEnk

His joke about how this is the only universe in which he is a comedian and in all of the others he is a youth pastor really rings true.

i really like Pete Holmes tho

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

ruddiger posted:

Resident Evil: The New Blood

or

Resident Evil: New Nightmare

Have they done a Resident Evil in space movie yet?

We need Resident Evil v Underworld like, yesterday.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The open mouths make them look kind dumb.

edit: I listened to the newest You Must Remember This and a movie came up that made me laugh so I'm sharing it with you.

It's the lead actor's name that really gets me.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Don't get me wrong, this poster is still laughable, but I gotta think that putting one of the faceless, emotionless Power Rangers in the position of "hero looking up at the stars full of emotion/wonder/worry/whatever" is purposeful.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

ravenkult posted:

You guys are harsh so I thought this was a good place to show off this Blade Runner poster I've been working on. I cribbed the title design from an old poster, haven't decided what I wanna do with it yet.

I'm gonna counter everyone else and say that I really like the font. I can't tell exactly what it reminds me of, but I get a very visceral feeling like it's referencing *something*.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I didn't get KIDS at all when I first saw it at 14 or whatever but fell instantly in love with Rosario Dawson.

There's something wrong with you if you watch a movie with Rosario Dawson and that isn't the end result.

Speaking of, this thread reminded me that Rosario Dawson was in the film version of Rent. I always disassociate her from that in my mind because I just assume everything is exactly like the broadway version (which is probably good because the film is not that good)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I hope they take a few minutes to poo poo all over John Wayne: Draft Dodger.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Improbable Lobster posted:

Spidey thought

Hey Amy - just a couple of rando thoughts from 35,000 LAX-JFK:

- A rising trend we see with Millennials are the really extreme forms of experiential exercise like Tough Mudder (a sort of filthy triathalon), the Color Run and even things like Hot Power Yoga, veganism etc. Millennials will often post “N.B.D.” on their social media after doing it , as in No Big Deal, also known as the “humble brag”.....wondering if Spidey could get into that in some way....he’s super athletic, bendy, strong, intense....and it’s all NBD to him, of course.

- EDM (electronic dance music) is the defining music for Millennials. Wondering if there’s an EDM angle somewhere with Spidey? His movements are beautiful, would be awesome with a killer DJ behind it

- Snapchat just launched a “story” functionality, which is sort of “day in the life of me” told in a series of snapchats that expire after 24 hours. It has a very VIP quality about it, since invitation only. Getting invited into Spidey’s Snapchat circle would be huge, and very buzzworthy and cool.

I know everyone already forgot about Amazing Spider-Man 2, but the thing I bolded is literally in that movie, and it's one of the few things that most people liked about it.

Also, Spider-Man on Snapchat is a great idea. :colbert: He's a 16 year old, he's gonna be on Snapchat.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Darthemed posted:

Variety pack, this time covering the weird selection of posters my local theater has picked to go in the stair-well.

oh my god a time traveller from 2013 what i need you to do is go right now and place a bet for the Chicago Cubs to win the world series in 3 years i know this sounds crazy but you have to trust me

we're gonna be rich

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

For those of you who don't have movie release dates memorized, this movie came out the same weekend that riots were happening in Ferguson, MO after Michael Brown was shot to death by some cops.

There's poor timing, and then there's the release of this (bad) movie.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Erebus posted:

More specifically it's probably referencing Dogecoin, because the main character becomes a bitcoin miner.

"abortion dealing"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

look, I know that "System Shock but in ________" has become a running joke in video game world but this is ridiculous.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Powaqoatse posted:

oh gently caress

i forgot that it's Very Bad Things, and i knew it was that!

For some reason i was thinking more like a generic good times go bad and Scarlett Johansson has to go home alone in the dark, "stupidly" etc

"Rock That Body" is a great title

they are both stupid terrible titles and even before it got changed I saw it and immediately got mad that it did not have the objectively correct title for this movie (and the title the script originally had):

Move That Body

it has the same meaning as "Rock That Body" w/r/t dancing and having fun and also describes the literal plot of the movie. It Is Perfect

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I'm so loving pumped for Spring Breakers LA.

edit: while fully recognizing that The Bling Ring probably deserves that title more

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this movie is literally Hicks v Hipsters, i am down

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/kylebuchanan/status/867865881929502722

oh, budget filmmakers, will you ever learn?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

got any sevens posted:

That could be a pretty good poster.

The current one kiimo posted is nice but bland. I do like the red smoke implying blood.

It could also be a new pope.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I assume Optimus' inevitable poster will say "gently caress poo poo UP IN THE FACE"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The MSJ posted:

Optimus Prime has gone bad and the Earth is about to get eaten. The key to saving everything might lie with Excalibur and Merlin's magic, both of which came from Cybertron. Turns out Transformers have always been around on Earth, forming the Knights of The Round Table with King Arthur and fighting Nazis. Also there's going to be a movie set in Ancient Rome.

An actual not actual quote from Michael Bay: "If they think these movies are so hard to understand the story of, then imagine what will happen if I just try to make three movies at once and shove them all together"

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

GonSmithe posted:

I would pay a lot of money to watch a Tupac/Mummy crossover movie

it will be a remake of Bubba Ho-Tep.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

This is very much not what I imagined the poster for this movie would look like. I wish it were more colorful.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this poster is beautiful and I want it.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Darthemed posted:

What do you see as its worst problems?

Maxim pull quote?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

feedmyleg posted:

I went to San Francisco a month ago and asked a number of residents where the best breakfast tacos were. Nobody had any idea what I was talking about. The answer ended up being "in LA" or "in my apartment and favorite restaurants when I returned to New York". How as a city you nail tacos so hard but completely drop the ball on extending them to every meal of the day is baffling to me.

maybe it's a sign that you should eat something else

like if you're having breakfast in SF you should just eat buttered sourdough bread until you explode

edit: I ate some very dope pastries when I was last in SF including a sushi croissant made with smoked salmon

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 11, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Cross-Section posted:

Here's a slew of character posters from The Last Jedi:

Man, Handmaid's Tale is really starting to deviate from the book.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

kiimo posted:

His standup was basically unwatchable in my opinion. It was like he didn't rehearse and just had a pool of jokes he could pull from and just winged it and relied on the idea that he's funny enough to just pour water on his head and shoot the poo poo. It's never a good sign when you start doing observational humor with members of the audience ten minutes into your set.

yeah I have enjoyed some p bad stand-up in my time but I had to turn his special off about 15 minutes in. I'm sure it's good for some people but those people are dumb.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Woebin posted:

How is this name (or the name of its predecessor) okay? That's a racist slur.

uh, it's clearly avenging them, so it's OK.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Say what you want about about Tyler Perry's movies, but his poster design is always top notch.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

K. Waste posted:

The frame of reference is not of the 'real person' triumphing over the machine. It's like Doctor Manhattan, the machine has utterly consumed and trapped the person, their memories persist only as a ghost to a completely new, horrifically naked figure.

come on now, we both know there's a much better frame of reference for this:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Syncopated posted:

Fantastic Beasts should definitely have been some sort or anthology movie.

here's my pitch:

set in the modern day, you make a youtube series that's a mix between the Crocodile Hunter and Harry Potter, "starring" a distant wizarding relative of Newt Scamander who is poo poo at magic. Like Jackass means Dr. Who.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Solar Tornado posted:

They did an american remake of Danganronpa?

i dunno what that is but a review I read of this movie said it looks almost exactly like a Disney Channel Original Movie except filled with horrible unspeakable violence and if that isn't a selling point for a movie i don't know what is.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The MSJ posted:

Try to find Superman on this poster.

this is cool, i like this

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

my theater is on top of the news, hire us Sony marketing

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Gonz posted:

I need to see the Rock, as a 10 storey tall monster, getting shot at by attack helictopters, punching electrical lines and getting shocked like a dumbass, and eating random people for food.

it is so loving stupid that a Rampage movie is not going to be about humans falling into a vat of green goop and then transforming into apartment building-sized monsters and wrecking poo poo

like, almost angering.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Erebus posted:

Hallmark has so perfected the art of generic posters for their 5000 Christmas movies a year that it's almost impressive.

Like you'd think they'd manage to make something interesting just by accident, due to sheer volume. But each lanky white dude and pleasant brunette lady is hand-crafted to be as inoffensively dull as possible. I had to start clicking on some of these just to be sure they weren't actually the same actors over and over.

Lori Laughlin has starred in 17 movies on one of the Hallmark channels since 2013. Candice Cameron Bure has been in 11. Danica McKeller has been in 6.

Hilariously, I feel like 90% of the movies have men who I've never heard of before in my entire life. There are occasionally movies with a Dean Cain or a lesser Baldwin, but most of them are men who have Wikipedia pages that have been in things I've seen but made no mark on my brain in any conceivable way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

And More posted:

That can't be true. Enchanted Christmas has a non-white actor in it. It does. I had to check because it seemed like a mistake. :colbert:

Nah, I think it was a matter of Alexa PenaVega putting in enough work that when she said "I want to make one of these with my husband," Hallmark acquiesced. Diversity by way of nepotism is still diversity.

Also, yes, Alexa PenaVega is the girl from Spy Kids. She is also the woman from Machete and Repo! The Genetic Opera. Apparently she's very Christian, I'm not sure if that happened before or after she did Machete Kills (look up her costume from Machete Kills to know why that's funny).