Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Just finished the chapter and am I the only one who busted out laughing at the whole bit toward the end of Claire's route with Gabe and the chopper? When I didn't see his body in the cockpit later I was kinda bracing for him to pop out all gnarly in the next room, but nope, Pedro out of nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

gfanikf posted:

:lol:

I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed it. Chris isn't much better (but other soldiers do survive...not his own often), but yeah Leon is a hilarious bad luck magnet. It was one of the downsides I had with the campaign, since there isn't anything ostensibly preventing a potential rescue or at the least it's not Umbrella killing everyone this time.

Well, to be somewhat fair, vice president evil was gonna nuke the whole area to make sure his hilarious assassination plot/kooky tomb lab stayed covered up, so it's not like anyone was getting rescued.

Minor sidenote on the Barry plot in rev 2, Barry keeps mentioning that he's read a debrief of some kind about the poo poo that happened on the island, like the fear game. Did the BSAA roll in, read a couple files and piss off with no further investigation?why is Barry and his tugboat the only clean up crew?

Caidin fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Mar 4, 2015

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

man nurse posted:

I was just thrilled that they kept up with his quota of ruining every vehicle he gets into

Clearly he peeked at the other campaigns and knew right away he wasn't having that poo poo.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Pyrolocutus posted:

In the part in the village after getting the chopper parts, once I turn off the siren and escape the bar, where do I run to? I tried the gate to the chopper but I wasn't getting an interact popup, and trying the gate at the top of the hill didn't pan out either. Did I just not stand at the right spot in front of the chopper gate?

Just hold out for a bit, eventually you'll get a cutscene and need to climb a ladder next to the bar.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Those jokes about the frequency of umbrella labs having an outbreak seem to have understated the issue.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jimbot posted:

I got a good laugh of him immediately crashing the car in the beginning part of RE6. The line delivery was perfect - just so dead-pan as if he knew this was going to happen but had to feign surprise as not to raise suspicion.

Leon understands drat well that the vehicle sections were garbage and was having none of it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I love Leon because that time he stuck a knife through Salazar's hand was probably the most catharsis I've ever had in a Resident Evil game. Plus he has nice jackets and implausible mine cart segments, which are some of my favorite things.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Fereydun posted:

Welcome to the Real Survival Horror.
http://i.imgur.com/jWC2LUD.webm

Aunt Rhody ain't gonna like this one bit.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I have to say, nothing undoes the mounting dread and twitchy unease of a dilapidated old murder house quite like the rage inducing effort involved in making that rear end in a top hat ghost giggle for the fifth loving time. :argh:

I sure hope old man Baker doesn't mind me borrowing his tv.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 16, 2016

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Raxivace posted:

I'm not sure what the actual trigger is, but when the giggler giggled for me I had the key in the backdoor BUT DID NOT GO THROUGH IT, and had just been running the VHS tape and then immediately running to the doll and looking at it. If no giggle, I ran the VHS again. Eventually I got the giggle- hope this helps.

Of course this method involves having to hear Pete ask Clancy if he saw where Andre went even more times. I understand if your sanity can only take so much of something so un-loving-believable. It's the last time I work with that guy.

I'm giving up on it until it's patched, if they even bother to do so. drat coin probably only gets you another dummies finger in the main game anyway.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
What combat there was I liked alright in the demo, but elements like being actively hunted by the bakers or ammo crafting or resource management in general aren't really present for the judging. It does promise the spectacle of a clan of hillbillies acting like Mr. X if that sounds appealing.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

My theory is that the bakers are experimental lucid tyrants who can herd, propagate and control lesser bio weapons such as the moulded.

The older male baker is just like the tyrant in resident evil 2 down to the pale skin, freak strength and wall smashing.

They don't realize what's happened to them but their behavior instinctively turned the way it is.

Another very interesting point to note is the true ending - police investigated the house and found zero evidence. They also dismissed the escapee because lsd was planted on him. Whatever is happening, it's being very highly, effectively and professionally covered up. It wasn't the bakers who cleaned that disgusting bathroom up.

It feels like this would have to be a major bullshit conspiracy just to hush up the black helicopter labeled with the umbrella logo flying around. Reporting something like that at this point in the timeline that would have a couple of the usual suspects, and a special forces team to get massacred in advance of them, all over that swamp in a day.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I hope it's misdirection, it would be drat weird to bring back Al without Chris around to style on. Didn't Capcom have someone say in an interview they were going to avoid leaning on the old cast?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Nah, One of the ship decks had a secret lab on it you go to. There will be a lab.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwKRTO93Y2w

I enjoy leon keep on brand by pissing off chris for no real reason, he probably knows leon was in the better games.

Well to be fair, Leon does destroy New York.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
For some reason it reminds me of some of the boss music from darkside chronicles.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Carla probably had some of those butlers whose families have served the villains line for generations and have noticed their insane but are too loyal to do anything about it, the antagonists usually have at least one everey few games dropping some memos about.

Old Oswald Spencer is a peach because he actually sent his off before poo poo hit the fan.

Caidin fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 19, 2017

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My biggest bugbears in the first game was getting those drat black bars of the screen without loving up the field of view and that the majority of the game is a mostly omnipotent sadist juggling your balls so I never had any real sense of progress until like the last boss.

If they can do something about the camera that'd be great, going to wait and see how the plot looks I guess.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like the other police guy whose trying to talk down a zombie well into the last night of Raccoon city.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks for saving E3 Capcom. :unsmith:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So is there gonna be this weird interlude where Leon has to fight off a bunch of quirky jackass mercenaries? I never played ORC.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Len posted:

So this game takes place only in the RPD? That's stupid and the worst decision they could have made.

:goonsay:

I feel like they're just showing off the more iconic portion of the game, not that I'd feel bad about cutting out the sewer and boring industrial lab levels and just making more RPD.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If Leon has a noir costume again then the Chicago Typewriter better come with it.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

shotgun to the face gif in spoiler

:stare: theres another press picture where a shotgun to the face also blows half their head off that i posted earlier in the thread, in case you are worrying about that.

I mean I've been generally been desensitized by years of VG gore but this is some next level poo poo. I really hope the flamethrower is still in there now.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I occasionally wonder if Ethan's sheer :geno: is a result of of them wanting to do the FPS player surrogate thing where they didn't want him to exhibit enough personality to distance you, but then they also made his reason for being there personal enough that they couldn't just make him a blank slate.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
My issue with early Resident Evil in general is that I've got arachnophobia and a impromptu aversion therapy session used to be in almost every title. I don't get as consistently jittery about it as I used to but I still freak out a little sometimes and am not looking forward to the sewer crawl.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Did you ever play RE7???

Yeah, believe or not nothing in that bothered me. Marguerite didn't especially get a reaction, though I guess I was sorta leery about the actual spider door? The last game to send me into a genuine paranoid panic was Bloodborne's examples at the end of the game.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It's actually a key element of RE2 getting an update, it's the only one where we never muck around in somebodies house and/or living quarters.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Broose posted:

re7 spoilers: Some files mention that certain stages and types of the infection grant the superhuman abilities, like strength and regeneration. That's what I thought the Bakers had. So either he was infected the moment he entered the building, and that immediately bestows regeneration, which doesn't seem likely. I never saw a file or anything about the infection interacting with the healing stuff, but I'd go with it if there was. Also that little thing where apparently Eve doesn't have direct control over Ethan like she does with the Bakers, which is a sign of infection I thought.

Even assuming Ethan wasn't infected by a brief jaunt through a moldy house with his hand cut off, the Bakers initial intention to bring him into the family means they almost certainly made drat sure he was infected between the end of the guest house and the dinner party.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I watched Resident Evil Vendetta, Leon has powers he has barely even begun to draw upon.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

RE7 takes a huge nosedive once Jack is out of the picture imo

I thought Lucas had a pretty good segment even if he doesn't have Jacks jovial presence. I think Marguerite kinda gets the poo poo end of the stick because her section of the game is short and she doesn't even get to gently caress with you the way the boys do in favor of just grossing you out with bugs. I hear she gets more screen time in DLC, I guess.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Barudak posted:

Nope, it just prevents you from failing.

Poor Leon.

He got where he needed to be, faster even. Now everyone else, well... It's not like that was a super survivable time to be visiting the city anyway.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

OldMemes posted:

If zombies take three headshots and that's not considering the lickers and stuff, it's no wonder they gave Leon a cushy government job for getting out of the city. Leon is hardcore.

Maybe three headshots, maybe. The demo footage I saw plenty of zombies go down from that and get right back up.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Aces High posted:

this one, silly

alternatively you can just watch this part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJX_dMUadh4&t=1546s and you will know all you need to know about ORC

Game doesn't seem very good.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Aces High posted:

I always felt they didn't stick the landing with this reveal in Darkside Chronicles, one of the main reasons Leon and Krauser are in South America is to see if Hidalgo is responsible for the missing girls and yes he is. Manuela needs fresh organs or she will just self-immolate or something?

I dunno, it just doesn't have the same oomph that these explanations for creating Tyrants does

Turn into a monster more like but yeah, T-Veronica can adapt to it's host over a long period and grant super powers without making you into some horrific blob but you have to stall it somehow. Alexia did questionable effective cryogenics and Javier Hidalgo tried just doing a shitload of organ transplants on his daughter every other month.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

GUI posted:

Remember you can block her chainsaw rushing attack and take no damage. Almost no one seems to mention this.

Yeah, the block even stuns her a bit so you can get some hits in. It's handy.

Very recent events may have given people reason to doubt blocking is an option, however.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Momomo posted:

I am very glad to see Ada in her red dress. I didn't doubt it would show up, but her "I'm definitely not a spy" outfit was just too silly for words.

Ada being offensively suspicious is just staying on brand though.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The thing I love most about the new Mr. X is that lovely hat. Did the science team that designed him put that in his recommended load out? Was it a decision from the Umbrella marketing to make it seem more/less approachable? Maybe the chopper pilot who flew the Tyrants in just decided his new cap just was not for him and threw it on one of the war frankensteins before take off.

I need curiously placed rambling memos to explain it all.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Momomo posted:

Until Mr X is destroying losing screens he can never be as effective as Nemesis.

Mr X already destroyed the loading screens with such force that REmake 2 is a seamless experience with no loading.

Such is his ruthless efficiency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The primary thing that needs to be done for a speculative RE4 remake would be to incorporate the the giant Salazar robot into his boss fight.